Beetlegeuse is offline Knowledgeable Member

Watch Nurmagomedov vs McGregor UFC 242 online free

UFC 242 Free Fight: Khabib Nurmagomedov vs Conor McGregor

So Nurmagomedov beats Poirier (at UFC 242) just as convincingly as he did McGregor. Moreso, in fact, because Poirier isn't just a one-dimensional fighter. He's actually got ground game, it just isn't as good as Khabib's (but that statement begs the question, is anyone's?). But the grappling gods obviously shorted poor Conor, who's about as hopeless/hapless [pick one] when he's against the canvas as a deer on ice.

The disturbing thing about Khabib is he's got so many ways to beat you, and he's mature enough as a fighter to wait for the right opportunity. He's not going to rush it because he knows he's so dominating in the meantime that he's going to outpoint you regardless.

Right after Khabib beat Poirier, McGregor tweeted 'sign me up now for my rematch in Moscow.' "My" rematch, like it was owed him. Like he did something in their first fight that was worthy of a do-over. I figure he's got to be after the check because I don't think even he is stupid enough to think he was a Chinaman's chance of getting the "W." Khabib manhandled him the entire fight, and the only one who got knocked on his ass was McGregor. And I think he surrendered his neck to end it all, just as he did with the first Diaz fight. He was tired of losing so he gave up. Twice.

Cris Cyborg's walking-around weight is 175, and I think she'd have as good a chance against Nurmagomedov @155 as McGregor does. Despite the delight I would take in watching Khabib disassemble McGregor (again), and maybe put him in traction (insh'Allah!), I hope to hell Dana White can find him a more worthy opponent.

Speaking of Dana, he claims that Nurmagomedov won't be worthy of the title GOAT until he's scored a couple more significant wins. Fedor Emelianenko's claim to GOAT hinges largely on the 8-1/2 year streak when he fought 28 times without a loss. And his decision wins were all unanimous. In 11 years as a pro, Nurmagomedov also has scored 28 wins in 28 fights and his 10 decision wins also all were unanimous. He's never so much as got close to losing a fight. And 12 of those Ws were in the UFC, the most talent-rich promotion in the sport. Based on those numbers, based on how much more intense the sport's level of competition has grown in the 10 years since Fedor's run ended, I don't think Khabib is waiting on Dana's approval.

A writer at the Bloody Elbow calls Khabib the UFC's lightweight division's apex predator. I'd say that about sums it up. If Dana gives him a rematch, he's just fallen prey to McGregor's silly mind games.

DW claims that Tony Ferguson is next for Nurmagomedov. Ali Abdulaziz, Khabib's manager, says that Khabib wants GSP necks, and what Khabib wants, Khabib gets.

The obvious fly in the ointment is that GSP has never fought at 155 but Abdulaziz points out that Nurmagomedov's walking-around weight is four pounds heavier that St Pierre's, 190-vs-186.

Khabib-vs-GSP? Yeah, I'd pay a dollar to watch that. Except for ring rust. Georges has only had one fight in six years. Might be more entertaining than Ferguson, Poirier II or McGregor II, but I don't think it changes who gets the 'W.'

Ashop is offline Anabolic Member
    I'd have to say CONNOR is near the end of his glory days unless he takes easy fights, similar to the fights early in his career.
    CONNOR is talented but his ground game doesn't exist and his cardio is horrible. Stand with him and he can rip your head off.
    Fighting Khabib or Nate again would be another nail is his career's coffin. At this point is he really relevant in the UFC any longer?

PETA is pissed at Nurmagomedov for wrestling with bears.

There's a video in the linked article of (about) 6-year-old Khabib wrestling a very small bear. But he has wrestled more recently, apparently including some time earlier this year (I wonder if that violated his UFC contract).

Khabib and Ferguson have been scheduled to fight previously on four different occasions but each was postponed because of injuries to one or the other (one a medical disqualification of Khabib because his weight cut took too much toll). But I see a great deal more improvement in Khabib's game since 2015 than in Tony's.

Thread Information