Beetlegeuse is offline Knowledgeable Member

Nate Diaz teases retirement (contains UFC 244 spoilers)

If you didn't see this weekend's UFC 244, Nate Diaz lost the fight against Jorge Masvidal for the BMF belt by doctor stoppage due to a cut. He was knocked down hard in the first and made one of the more miraculous recoveries I've seen in a while in MMA, but as Diazes are prone to do The stoppage was in the 3rd. It was a pretty gruesome cut over the outside of Nate's right eye but he hadn't yet had any problems with the sight in that eye due to bleeding.

Nate was pretty upset, and I think understandably so, because it's rare that he fights and doesn't get cut. He just accepts it. I think he would want to go on if his entire face fell off and was hanging in front of his chest. And IMHO at that point it wasn't impairing his ability to fight, and if a fighter wants to continue in the full knowledge that he's going to be disfigured, who's to stop him?

Anyway, yesterday Nate posted this on Instagram:

Fuck a rematch this shit was over before it started I’m goin on out on tour Peace out fight game
    Some MMA bloggers take his use of "Peace out" gices the message some special significance, a signal that he's serious about the retirement.

Ashop is offline Anabolic Member
    I'm sure he has plenty of money now. I don't think we have seen half the potential of NATE though. This is a young mans game and taking 3 yrs off at a time can be detrimental to a career. It would be nice to see NATE get managed and marketed like he should be. I'm not sure he would listen to anyone's advice but his brother NICK and I think that is where he has went wrong.

Now Nate says he was just fucking widdus.

"Who said I was retired?” he said. “I’ll fight tonight.”

And, to underline the point he made another declaration.

“I’ll fight forever,” he said. “I’m never going to retire, that’s for sure.”

Nate Diaz repays ‘bitchass’ fan who lost rent money on UFC 244 bet

Nate better cut this shit out, else people might start to think he's a nice guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Beetlegeuse View Post
    Now Nate says he was just fucking widdus.
    I'm glad to see NATE isn't going to retire. Wonder how he feels about NICK trying to get that MASVIDAL fight?

That's some crazy shit, isn't it? Everybody thought Nick was all content with retirement, now after four years of not taking Dana's calls he thinks he merits a match with one of the hottest fighters in the UFC?

I keep hearing how the "modern" marijuana is so much stronger than the stuff back in my day. Maybe his brain is fried.

Quote Originally Posted by Beetlegeuse View Post
    That's some crazy shit, isn't it? Everybody thought Nick was all content with retirement, now after four years of not taking Dana's calls he thinks he merits a match with one of the hottest fighters in the UFC?

I keep hearing how the "modern" marijuana is so much stronger than the stuff back in my day. Maybe his brain is fried.
    Marijuana is the least of NICKS worries. Believe me, his issues aren't from cannabis.

Nick Diaz posted on Instagram that he's giving away VIP tickets for his return fight to the UFC. If it's a fake, it's a pretty damn convincing one.

Thread Information