Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Beetlegeuse

Thread: UFC considering Nurmagomedov-v-StPierre

Beetlegeuse is offline Knowledgeable Member

UFC considering Nurmagomedov-v-StPierre

MMA Junkie is reporting that Dana White has said he was open to the possibility of a Khabib-Georges fight after whoever (&whenever) Nurmagomedov's upcoming title defense. Khabib says he will only do two more fights and Dana says he will give him anybody he wants for his final fight. And St Pierre said some time ago he was open to un-retiring to get a piece of Nurmagomedov.

Opening odds are Khabib -200 and Georges +170. They're also making book on whether the fight will take place before the end of next year. The writer garbled that bit but the odds were -1000 and +550 but it isn't clear which was for before 31 Dec 2021 and which was after.

I'm saddened by the thought of Nurmagoemdov leaving pro MMA at such a young age because I don't think we've seen the best of him yet, and he's been in the deep end of the pool for such a relatively brief period of time. I've long felt that the two greatest sports tragedies of my life were Bo Jackson's injury-shortened career(s) and Mike Tyson's Don King-engineered fall from grace. Maybe my perspective is distorted up because I'm 'too close' to pro MMA on account of the political correctness in most of the other pro sports has turned me against them but Nurmagomedov leaving the sport when we've seen so relatively little of him against MMA A-listers has to be close.
    Godzilla8 likes this.

BG
    BG is offline The Real Deal - AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    GSP said hes not interested in fighting anymore, but that was they were talking about Usman, Ill see if I can find the article. He said Khabib and him tried to make the fight back when George was dieting down but the UFC wasn't interested.

**This isnt the exact one but it has George talking about the UFC not wanting the fight, they were probably counting on Conner rematch. https://www.sportbible.com/ufc/legen...habib-20200722

Here it is and it was about Usman, maybe he see's Khabib an easier fight......
    https://www.mmafighting.com/2020/7/2...orth-it-for-me
    Last edited by BG; 07-29-2020 at 01:55 PM.

Disclaimer-BG is presenting fictitious opinions and does in no way encourage nor condone the use of any illegal substances.
    The information discussed is strictly for entertainment purposes only.

Everything was impossible until somebody did it!

I've got 99 problems......but my squat/dead ain't one !!

It doesnt matter how good looking she is, some where, some one is tired of her shit.

Light travels faster then sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Great place to start researching ! http://forums.steroid.com/anabolic-s...-database.html

According to Middle Easy, Joe Rogan Instagrammed the poster for Nurmagomedov-Gathje on October 24 and Khabib replied saying he'd be fighting GSP in April.

Middle Easy is reporting that Kevin Lee says he'll be working as GSP's training partner in preparation for the Nurmagomedov fight.

Middle Easy's Rory Robinson writes that Georges has spoken of his intent to fight Khabib in just about every interview he's given of late.

GSP says no one in the UFC has offered him the Nurmagomedov fight.

But I'm not sure that that's relevant because DW has said that Khabib gets whatever Khabib wants, and Khabib has said he wants GSP.

Ashop is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Beetlegeuse View Post
    GSP says no one in the UFC has offered him the Nurmagomedov fight.

But I'm not sure that that's relevant because DW has said that Khabib gets whatever Khabib wants, and Khabib has said he wants GSP.
    Its a fight I would love to see and that KHABIB himself wants. I think if KHABIB beats Justin in this next fight, it could happen.

BG
    I think Khabib is going to have a tough time with Justin. Justin not being as tall, he can strike viciously from close range and has a great scrambling ability.......I think Khabib shouldn't be looking past him.

Disclaimer-BG is presenting fictitious opinions and does in no way encourage nor condone the use of any illegal substances.

It doesnt matter how good looking she is, some where, some one is tired of her shit.

Light travels faster then sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Great place to start researching ! http://forums.steroid.com/anabolic-s...-database.html

Bio-Active is online now AR-Hall of Famer
    It’s all about the matchup. Only way Justin has a chance is if he stops the take down and keeps it on the feet. If it goes to the ground Khibib is gonna wear him out

BG
    Justin’s been wrestling with Usman, I know it’s not the same but he will be in shape.

Ashop is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BG View Post
    I think Khabib is going to have a tough time with Justin. Justin not being as tall, he can strike viciously from close range and has a great scrambling ability.......I think Khabib shouldn't be looking past him.
    If the fight stays standing up KHABIB will have his hands full. Justin is the real deal without question, an absolute killer.

Thread Information