Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Beetlegeuse

Thread: Jon jones turns down 10 million dollars

Hughinn is offline Banned

Jon jones turns down 10 million dollars

Beetlegeuse is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Dana will give in. I know it, you know it, and Jon Jones knows it.

But Jones is nowhere near the draw he (and his team) make him out to be. He's never been on a card that has broken the 1 million PPV mark. Brock Lesnar sold a million at UFC 100 in 2009. McGregor sold 2 million at UFC 246, at the same venue (T-Mobile/Vegas) in January of last year. Which is why DW paid him $5 million in appearance money to get his ass beat by Dustin Poirier at UFC 257, which sold 1.6 mil PPVs. And I'm sure he'll still get paid more than Poirier at their three-peat, which almost certainly will sell more than a million PPVs.

I don't see Ngannou-Jones as a blockbuster because UFC 260 only sold 400,000 PPVs. Ronda Rousey could have done better than that.

Nonetheless, Dana will buckle because Jones is one of those fighters who has him mesmerized. If Jones made the fight contingent on White giving him a blowjob in the center of the cage before the fight, Jones would get his knob polished courtesy of DW.

Jones is toxic and should have been relegated to fighting bums like Kimbo Slice in back alleys on Saturday night for pocket change. Instead his enabler -- Dana White -- turned him into a millionaire and continues to give him a platform for theatrics like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Beetlegeuse View Post
    Dana will give in. I know it, you know it, and Jon Jones knows it.

But Jones is nowhere near the draw he (and his team) make him out to be. He's never been on a card that has broken the 1 million PPV mark. Brock Lesnar sold a million at UFC 100 in 2009. McGregor sold 2 million at UFC 246, at the same venue (T-Mobile/Vegas) in January of last year. Which is why DW paid him $5 million in appearance money to get his ass beat by Dustin Poirier at UFC 257, which sold 1.6 mil PPVs. And I'm sure he'll still get paid more than Poirier at their three-peat, which almost certainly will sell more than a million PPVs.

I don't see Ngannou-Jones as a blockbuster because UFC 260 only sold 400,000 PPVs. Ronda Rousey could have done better than that.

Nonetheless, Dana will buckle because Jones is one of those fighters who has him mesmerized. If Jones made the fight contingent on White giving him a blowjob in the center of the cage before the fight, Jones would get his knob polished courtesy of DW.

Jones is toxic and should have been relegated to fighting bums like Kimbo Slice in back alleys on Saturday night for pocket change. Instead his enabler -- Dana White -- turned him into a millionaire and continues to give him a platform for theatrics like this.
    My problem with jon jones, is that his skills and techniques are so far overrated it's not even funny.

Now, before anybody flames me for that statement allow me to explain.

At something like 6 ft 5in with a 85in reach, Jon jones is by far one of the biggest men ever to make the lhw weight limit of 205. Most fighters in that division all over the world generally average 5ft 9in to maybe 6ft 1in pr so with reaches around 72 to 76in. There's a few a little bigger, and a few a little smaller, but thats solidly normal 205lb fighting men.

Jon, is right at 6ft 5in with an 85in reach. And if you study his fights and style, his entire game is built around him exploiting his profound physical advantages over smaller men. On the few occasions Jon's physical advantages have narrowed, such a Dominic Reyes at 6ft 3 and Alex Gustafson, Jon has struggled and even been lit up pretty good by his opponents.

His style is very simple, long range sniping type attacks from a safe range, then at grappling, if his striking fails, as it often does, he is nearly always the stronger man.

Jon's frame is bigger than the majority of heavyweight fighters in the world. And the biggest part of his success is having the genetics to carry such a massive frame under a 205lb weight limit.

Jon knows how to use his large physical advantages, as he is also very technical in his approach to fighting, and despite having every physical advantage available, he also doesn't mind fighting dirty.

Jon has never faced an opponent he did not have such advantages over.

At heavyweight, Jon will not have such profound advantages, and will not get to be the biggest strongest man in the division. Then we'll see if he has the skills he and some other people claim.

Jon is not a big draw, because his fights don't garner interest. Jon is like the big bad bully in the division, and people like to see adversity and heart. They like to root for the guy with the odds against him or at least the guy being bold enough to take a risk. Jon has never faced a bigger stronger opponent before. Nor has he faced anybody favored to beat him based on thier match-up.

My prediction is that heavyweight jon will be a decently competitive fighter. But he will not be a dominant reigning champion. He doesn't have the heart or fortitude overcome disadvantages. He's always had them his whole life. Never done without them or had to overcome them. He'll have plenty of excuses why the heavyweight division doesn't come ro fruition for him. And none of those excuses will be that he's just not that good when it comes to fighting people his own size. Because that's when skill, heart and determination come in. Jon has none of that.
    Last edited by Hughinn; 04-06-2021 at 08:16 AM.

SteroidKiwi is offline New Member
    It is an interesting decision on his part. I'd like to see this play out.

The story that Derrick Lewis is telling is that he's got Ngannou necks, he's just waiting on Francis to set the date.

So if Lewis is right that means I'm wrong, which means this time -- and for the first time -- Bones blinked first.

But the deal ain't inked yet.

Dana says that Ngannou-Lewis is going to happen this summer.

In the meanwhile, Bones continues to bulk up for the jump to heavyweight that might never happen. Which is a pity. I was looking forward to watching Francis rearrange his facial bone structure.

Quote Originally Posted by Beetlegeuse View Post
    Dana says that Ngannou-Lewis is going to happen this summer.

In the meanwhile, Bones continues to bulk up for the jump to heavyweight that might never happen. Which is a pity. I was looking forward to watching Francis rearrange his facial bone structure.
    Yeah. Looks like Jones priced himself out of that one

He thinks he should get Mcgregor money. But he only draws about half the pay per view audience. They showed him the line by line, and he said he doesn't care. He wants what he wants.

So they moved on without him.

He didn't want that fight anyway.

Dana uses some seriously strange logic for this shit. He keeps letting Cowboy Cerrone get his brains bashed out when he should have been forced into retirement two or three years ago because he never failed to come when Dana crooked his finger. In return for years of loyalty, Dana agrees to let you get dain bramage.

Same with Bisping. You can sum up Bisping's career in two facts: he never turned down a fight, and he got one lucky punch on Luke Rockhold. For this he gets in the UFC hall of Fame and has a steady gig as the second worst commentator in all of MMA (second only to Joe Goldberg).

It baffles me why Dana makes such an effort to kiss Jones' ass. Fuck him, move on, next contestant PLEASE ....
    Last edited by Beetlegeuse; 05-11-2021 at 11:52 PM.
    Hughinn likes this.

Now Dana White is telling us (probably based entirely on the fact that Bones is being his usual obstinate self, and Dana is finally growing tired of his shit) might be ready to retire. "He can never fight again, it’s up to him." Considering how many months Dana spent telling us that Nurmagomedov was not ready to retire, and all the while Khabib had no intention but to retire, ... I'm not very convinced.

But the one person I am fairly certain is feeling out Jones' intentions right about now ... is Scott Coker. Bellator could soon start a new division comprised entirely of former UFC champions....

Jones is back to being a slow-motion train wreck.

Nobody can figure what he's up to because first he did the penis promenade with Dana White and for the first time, Dana won. So he's already been out of action for what, a year? ... because he was bulking up to fight at heavyweight, and there's not only no fight waiting on him, there doesn't seem even to be a potential fight.

So two days ago Bones tweeted this:

“... I’m about to give birth to something big, something out of the ordinary,..” “...[O]n a path that no man on this planet has ever walked. Can’t rush greatness.... ”

Okay, ... so, ... like, has he ... found the cure for the common cold? Solved Hilbert's Problems? Discovered extraterrestrial life? Because with that much ballyhoo, it's got to be something really big, right?

So how come with all that "bigness" looming, today he's whining about the move to heavyweight being harder than he expected, so he's postponing his debut at heavy for another year.

It's only been a couple of weeks since the MMA press was reporting how big Jones looked, He even Instagrammed his own "Charles Atlas" photos, and the MMA press was reporting that he already was up to 245. Which puts him 39 lbs to the good of what he'd need to make heavy (Miocic fights at ~235), so what's he bitching about?

Anyway, Chael Sonnen could sense the chum in water so he went after Jones with his trademark compassion:

If you want to read the entire exchange, Chael was in rare form and it is good for a chuckle.

But Jones hasn't fought in 15 months and in another year he'll be two months short of 35 and won't have been in the ring for 27 months. So it makes me wonder who he thinks he's impressing with all this grandstanding an no fighting.

Thread Information