Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Hughinn
  • 1 Post By Fluidic Kimbo
  • 1 Post By Beetlegeuse

Thread: The UFC is going public

Beetlegeuse is offline Knowledgeable Member

The UFC is going public

The IPO is for $21.3 million, opening at $24 a share.

I've never got the sense that William Morris/Endeavor gave a hoot about the health of the sport, and was only looking to squeeze out all they could from what the Fertitta brothers had handed them, but their moves with ESPN and ABC TV make it look like they might have a plan to broaden the sports market penetration, if not its appeal.

Fluidic Kimbo is offline Morale Officer (de facto)
    I've never been a scammer, but if I was ever to become a scammer then I'd probably target the people with below-average intelligence who wear UFC hoodies and are looking to buy shares in UFC.

Never mind that $24 share price.......... I'll give you them for $9.99 .... Just send the bitcoins to BV8FH£$%£$£$%"!$%£""^GSGTSTqw$%£%234SDG5

Hughinn is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Fluidic Kimbo View Post
    I've never been a scammer, but if I was ever to become a scammer then I'd probably target the people with below-average intelligence who wear UFC hoodies and are looking to buy shares in UFC.

Never mind that $24 share price.......... I'll give you them for $9.99 .... Just send the bitcoins to BV8FH£$%£$£$%"!$%£""^GSGTSTqw$%£%234SDG5
    Say what you want.

But I've been a a combat sports fan for 30 years. Most of my life.

What the ufc had done for combat sports is by far one of the most evolutionary things in sports history. Hell, the reason I'm here and using aas is just so I keep up with this hobby of mine. Literally, boxing , wrestling and fighting.

I can remember the days when we used to wonder what would happen if you put a greko roman wrester against a judo master?
    Or a boxer vs a karate black belt?
    We used to gather in horse corrals, parking garages and backyards to examine these questions.

To me, there's literally nothing more masculating, fulfilling and satisfying than studying and practicing and fighting. Aside from shooting sports and survival techniques and study.

The ufc did it mainstream.

I'll buy some stocks.
    Last edited by Hughinn; 04-30-2021 at 08:22 AM.
    Fluidic Kimbo likes this.

David LoPan is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    Might buy a mutual fund with that stock but I am not a fan of IPOs. To much risk for my taste. Then again, I would bet 5 bucks on a football game.

Fluidic Kimbo is offline Morale Officer (de facto)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hughinn View Post
    Hell, the reason I'm here and using aas is just so I keep up with this hobby of mine. Literally, boxing , wrestling and fighting
    I was 14 or 15 when I properly started attending a martial arts class regularly, it was ninjutsu. I was 17 when I moved on to Thai boxing, and I was training two or three days a week in the Thai gym. I was 20 when I had my first Thai fight, I and had two more fights after that. I'm considering getting in the ring again but I'm now 15 - 20kg heavier so I don't know if it would work out.

I like fighting sports but I don't typically like how they're managed or promoted. I thought the Thai's did it correctly and respectfully but unfortunately that illusion was disolved when I went to go live in Southeast Asia and got to see what they're really like.

Since then I figured I should become a serial killer (I started a thread about it here in the Lounge).
    Hughinn likes this.

Beetlegeuse is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hughinn View Post
    ...What the ufc had done for combat sports is by far one of the most evolutionary things in sports history....
    UFC taking MMA mainstream (against the protests of the safety nazis) was the most revolutionary development in the history of hand-to-hand combat.

Art Davie and John Milius dreamed up the UFC as a means of letting all the different MMA styles compete on an even footing (Rorion Gracie also was part of that team, but he did it to prove Gracie Jiu Jitsu conquers all, ... which was a short-lived dream) . And it has succeeded beyond their wildest dreams, but not in a way they expected. It's still an ongoing experiment but the Octagon has proved the most important crucible in the history of combat sports. What it has shown is that there is NO best fighting style. It's producing a multitude of hybrid fighting systems that have no loyalty to style or nationality. All that matters is being the guy who gets his hand raised and the plan changes with every new opponent. A little boxing, a little Tae Kwon Do, a little Greco-Roman, a little shoot fighting, a little BJJ, ... a little dis, a little dat. In a very real sense it's the embodiment of Bruce Lee's "Style Of No Style."

It's so revolutionary that even the Special Forces around the world are looking to professional MMA as a testbed and a touchstone.

Empty-handed combat has changed more in the last 28 years than it had in the previous 200,000, and as a direct consequence of the UFC.
    Hughinn likes this.

Thread Information