• 1 Post By Ghostman_SW
  • 2 Post By Cylon357
  • 1 Post By Ghostman_SW
  • 1 Post By Cylon357
  • 1 Post By songdog

Thread: UFC on ESPN Plus

Ghostman_SW is offline Junior Member

UFC on ESPN Plus

I have a Verizon unlimited data package so they provide me with the free package of ESPN Plus, Disney Plus and Hulu.

Enjoy checking out the Fight Nights and the latest big PPV fights they put up. A casual fan and by no means a hardcore one.

Anyone else watch MMA or UFC here?

s1nc1ty is offline Member
    Yeah i been watching for some time and still do When i started watching the ufc the champs were BJ Penn, GSP, Anderson Silva, Lyoto Machida and Brock Lesnar and they all seeemed unbeatable lol
    Ghostman_SW and songdog like this.

I bought that PPV were Lesnar fought Mark Hunt and was shocked that it didn't include prelims for the high price. After that, the ex-wife and I started heading to Buffalo Wild Wings to watch UFC PPV's. Even with a meal and all her drinking (part of the reason she is an ex-) it was still cheaper than ordering it.

We saw a lot of the McGregor fights (Mendes, Aldo, Diaz, etc.). Holly Holm was not the most exciting fighter to watch but we both liked her and how she presented herself in the media.

Right now Nunes has nobody to fight. She has cleaned out two divisions and Cyborg is in Bellator.
    s1nc1ty likes this.

Cylon357 is online now Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    I haven't followed UFC for a while... Are Don Frye, Ken Shamrock and Tank Abbot still active?
    s1nc1ty and SampsonandDelilah like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Cylon357 View Post
    I haven't followed UFC for a while... Are Don Frye, Ken Shamrock and Tank Abbot still active?
    Ken Shamrock did some pro wrestling during the Pandemic I believe. Don and Tank have been retired for a very long time.

I still remember seeing Tank the first time and thinking...who is that fat slob? Then Tank proceeded to KO a Hawiian guy so hard that the guys legs and arms when stiff.
    Cylon357 likes this.

Cylon357 is online now Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostman_SW View Post
    Ken Shamrock did some pro wrestling during the Pandemic I believe. Don and Tank have been retired for a very long time.

I still remember seeing Tank the first time and thinking...who is that fat slob? Then Tank proceeded to KO a Hawiian guy so hard that the guys legs and arms when stiff.
    Yeah I knew those guys were long gone was just having some fun lol!

I remember thinking the same thing when Tank showed up. Man, he was one of those guys that if he was on, it was lights out for whoever was on the receiving end of those dukes. But if he was off, yeah it was not pretty.

Shamrock was in WWF before it became WWE, then evidently got back into MMA for a bit. He was a beast in his prime though. I think it was the first "ufc super fight" that pitted him against Royce Gracie. Shamrock kicked his a** for over 30 minutes but couldn't finish it in the time allotted, even with extra time. But Gracie looked BAD and Shamrock was still like let's go ahead and finish this.

Good stuff!
    Ghostman_SW likes this.

SampsonandDelilah is offline Knowledgeable Member
    The pool of fighters the UFC has now is absolutely unbelievable. What an incredible roster and you have to give to Dana for consistently putting out a world class product almost every weekend. From TUF, to the contender series to the ESPN and PPV cards, it’s simply fantastic

I finished the Ultimate Fighter Season 30 on Hulu and was a bit surprised to see Usman KO Pauga like that. Strong genetics in that family.

Tuivasa actually knocked Gane down once but those body kicks by Gane were brutal.

songdog is offline ARs TOP DOG ~ MONITOR ~
    I miss watching those fights but I am not paying those prices they are crazy!Hell the fighters in the UFC are really under paid.There was a article about that a while back.
    Ghostman_SW likes this.

Thread Information