skribbble is offline Member

How much cardio is too much?

Cardio is an aerobic excercise and usually aerobics tend to take away from explosiveness which in the game of football is key. Ive been Jumproping for 5-10 minutes everymorning and sometimes more at night. Once or twice a week i do a cardio ab workout that takes about 30 minutes (10 minutes walking fast, then abs, 10 minutes jogging, then abs, then 1 minute intervals of jumprope and walking then abs). Let me know if im over doing it on the cardio.

LB55blitz is offline Devote Avril Lavigne Fan
    no sounds good man. when i do cardio i try to put as little stress on my legs as possible. at least the impact brought onto them. swimming and biking usually do the trick. obviously if your cuttin fat than you will become even faster, assuming your not dropping any muscle.

JJEB2 is offline Member
    i am currently cutting fat taking a low dose of halo and test prop. i usually try to do atleast do 20 mins of cardio a day after working out.

skribbble is offline Member
    NIce so after working out is the time to do cardio?

JJEB2 is offline Member
    before i left from school we were doin serious workouts in the snow for an hr after workouts. tire flipping and pulling the sled ect. but i have heard that if you do high intensity cardio after lifting it could effect the muscle that you just gained. i have no proof its just what i have heard

LB55blitz is offline Devote Avril Lavigne Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by JJEB2
    before i left from school we were doin serious workouts in the snow for an hr after workouts. tire flipping and pulling the sled ect. but i have heard that if you do high intensity cardio after lifting it could effect the muscle that you just gained. i have no proof its just what i have heard
    yep, true. if at all possible do cardio a separate time during the day. your body needs nutrients as soon as possible directly after workouts. but yea if you must do them at the same time, do cardio after.

gotta love tire flipping and sled pulling! . did a TON of that in HS. we had a workout one morning, we pulled 100 pounds sleds up a steep hill. 14 of the 16 guys there puked! one even took a shiit in the bushes. good stuff, gotta love it.

Thread Information