Thread: football gloves

buckeyefootball4 is offline Senior Member

JJEB2 is offline Member
    only concern about the nike is if they get wet from weather. the nfl equip has the dbl grip. both are good but i like the nfl euip better. only reason they are lower price is bc they prob are last season.

Quote Originally Posted by JJEB2
    only concern about the nike is if they get wet from weather. the nfl equip has the dbl grip. both are good but i like the nfl euip better. only reason they are lower price is bc they prob are last season.
    i agree 100% bro. im trying to see what i shall have them do there 1 vs 1 with soccer shoes are reg shoes etc

JJEB2 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by buckeyefootball4
    i agree 100% bro. im trying to see what i shall have them do there 1 vs 1 with soccer shoes are reg shoes etc
    i would go reg spikes. honestly as well i ams ure u know this but they got to pick their route so tell them to show variation and not to get cocky and go deep. show that they can run all the routes. crisp and clean.

i would go reg spikes. honestly as well i ams ure u know this but they got to pick their route so tell them to show variation and not to get cocky and go deep. show that they can run all the routes. crisp and clean.
    they are art turf cant use cleats on turf. those lil short routes for rb dont work bc lb can just sit on those.

JJEB2 is offline Member
    they are art turf cant use cleats on turf. those lil short routes for rb dont work bc lb can just sit on those.
    the out worked alot. u need to use them at the right time. set the lb up. out and up first one then an out second bc every guy did an out and up every route.

the out worked alot. u need to use them at the right time. set the lb up. out and up first one then an out second bc every guy did an out and up every route.
    nope, i wouldnt.. my rbs are all running deep routes bc 1: its a mismatch, 2: take advan of over agggressive lbs, 3: take advan of stuff lb who cant turn hips, 4: display to scouts they can run deep routes bc all rbs can run baby routes but they want ones who can strecth the field. not sure if u saw bush workout but how many baby routes u saw him running, only rbs who dont have hands run baby routes 90% of the time. u even said that u had a hard time covering the deep routes!
    Last edited by buckeyefootball4; 05-27-2006 at 08:30 AM.

JJEB2 is offline Member
    nope, i wouldnt.. my rbs are all running deep routes bc 1: its a mismatch, 2: take advan of over agggressive lbs, 3: take advan of stuff lb who cant turn hips, 4: display to scouts they can run deep routes bc all rbs can run baby routes but they want ones who can strecth the field. not sure if u saw bush workout but how many baby routes u saw him running, only rbs who dont have hands run baby routes 90% of the time. u even said that u had a hard time covering the deep routes!
    they only give ya 6 routes so most lbs sat on the deep routes and worked up to the shorter routes. not to mention 1 of the routes was strictly for TEs so that leaves only 5. u def can catch a few that dont turn there hips but most of the gusy after the first few were just waiting for that deep route and already turned their hips when the rb started to break the line.

they only give ya 6 routes so most lbs sat on the deep routes and worked up to the shorter routes. not to mention 1 of the routes was strictly for TEs so that leaves only 5. u def can catch a few that dont turn there hips but most of the gusy after the first few were just waiting for that deep route and already turned their hips when the rb started to break the line.

dude i have the route tree that they give to rb so i know what routes they are. second my boy who went to ILL combine said the samething not one lb could cover deep they were getting ****ed wit no grease. and for those lbs who guess thats bad bc scouts can pick up on that, u try and guess on bush and u will get ur ass burn.

JJEB2 is offline Member
    dude i have the route tree that they give to rb so i know what routes they are. second my boy who went to ILL combine said the samething not one lb could cover deep they were getting ****ed wit no grease. and for those lbs who guess thats bad bc scouts can pick up on that, u try and guess on bush and u will get ur ass burn.
    well i am just telling you from the sticker that they gave the rbs and tes. i saw it after we were done with one on ones. they may run it different down there but there was only 6 toutes and 5 were for rbs. i think tahts why they didnt post the one on ones on the film bc only a few guys sat on the routes. there were 3 guys that would just play the deep route and one kid that kept playing it deep and this one kid would run a post and an in and just **** this kid. the thing is they didnt post the one on ones on the vid for NJ i really dont know why.

well i am just telling you from the sticker that they gave the rbs and tes. i saw it after we were done with one on ones. they may run it different down there but there was only 6 toutes and 5 were for rbs. i think tahts why they didnt post the one on ones on the film bc only a few guys sat on the routes. there were 3 guys that would just play the deep route and one kid that kept playing it deep and this one kid would run a post and an in and just **** this kid. the thing is they didnt post the one on ones on the vid for NJ i really dont know why.
    thats wierd.

the routes:
    in route
    out route
    hook route
    corner
    out and up
    rev out

there u have it

JJEB2 is offline Member
    there was only a angle route for the rbs, a out and up, in, out, corner. the post was for the tes minus the angle.

there was only a angle route for the rbs, a out and up, in, out, corner. the post was for the tes minus the angle.

where is ur one vs one??

JJEB2 is offline Member
    where is ur one vs one??
    no idea bro. i would like to know where my other 40 is as well. either the cam man ****ed them up or i just did that shitty. hahah it wasnt that bad but wasnt great either.

no idea bro. i would like to know where my other 40 is as well. either the cam man ****ed them up or i just did that shitty. hahah it wasnt that bad but wasnt great either.
    thought ur second 40 was better 4.7

JJEB2 is offline Member
    thought ur second 40 was better 4.7
    it was. the one they showed was a 4.8 which was my first one. my second was a 4.76. i have no idea why they didnt put those in the video. i also did the shuttle 3 times and i think the one i slipped on was my worst but they still played it.

it was. the one they showed was a 4.8 which was my first one. my second was a 4.76. i have no idea why they didnt put those in the video. i also did the shuttle 3 times and i think the one i slipped on was my worst but they still played it.

shitty.. make a list of some do's and dont's.

JJEB2 is offline Member
    do
    dont warm up in the beginning. wait until u get to ur group and they give you some time before the testing to get warm.

stay warm from each station. if ur guys are lucky they get height and weight first so they dont get cold.

make sure to have some kind of food, bars, shakes, or anything that can give some energy.

depending on the weather i would bring the proper attire.

hydration/potasium few days before. i started to cramp during my one on ones and i got ectremely tight. my right calve is bruised from cramping.

go at ur pace. take ur time before u get to the line, do ur shuttle. its on u and thats that.

have ur mind right. i saw alot of guys dicking around and just beinmg morons. there was almost a fight between an lb and some kid from VT who played rb. ur there for a reason so just be ready.

donts
    i would just say all the opposites of the above.

did u bring ur headphones and shoe bag onto the field. so u said u guys warmup then sit around listening to them talk

JJEB2 is offline Member
    did u bring ur headphones and shoe bag onto the field. so u said u guys warmup then sit around listening to them talk
    ahh very good point bro. yea i wrote a whole write up in the 40s thing about how it went piece by piece.

as far as the head phones and bags they said that grab the shoes u wanted to us at that moment and when you do ur one on ones u wcould switch. so i brought my bag with me and kept my bag onto the field but by the fence. it was set up into the stations so my 40 was right by where my ipod was. i forgot my ipod at first and then i saw a few guys using theirs so you definately can bring it onto the field with you and ur stuff. so they do give youa sec to run over and grab what u need and then u do have some time in between to grab it.

so overall there really wasnt too many donts or bad things

JJEB2 is offline Member
    so overall there really wasnt too many donts or bad things
    nah just be ready for the up and down but ur guys know whats comming so tell them just to stay warm. at my place they let the guys cheat the reps. as they tell u they are there for u. so i think that they were very leint with things. it just all depends.

nah just be ready for the up and down but ur guys know whats comming so tell them just to stay warm. at my place they let the guys cheat the reps. as they tell u they are there for u. so i think that they were very leint with things. it just all depends.

so they never said anything bout not locking out lol

JJEB2 is offline Member
    so they never said anything bout not locking out lol
    they said it but honestly they didnt enforce it too much. i saw it once but one guy ****in did 25 i think and his ROM was 7-8 inches no more. it was ****in sickening. i have too much pride to do that even tho my numbers would be affected. i just would know that i cheated myself. honestly it really pissed me off how shitty his reps were. a guy that hit 41 did all shit reps as well.

overall how was the other guys who attended? the one i saw last yr was shitty damn qb could even drop back etc.

JJEB2 is offline Member
    overall how was the other guys who attended? the one i saw last yr was shitty damn qb could even drop back etc.
    honestly most were garbage. one guy stood out at lb. he wasnt that fast and didnt have a great vert but you could tell he was a ball player. he did very well on his one on ones. as i said before i think the fastest time was a 4.47 or 4.48. som eguys were prepared but there were the guys that had no clue what was going on. testing and playing is two different animals but as far as the testing i saw a few athletic kids but i expected more. alot of these guys were very big guys.

Thread Information