beatz85 is offline New Member

Talking Hoop it up Help!

This may not be the right forum, but I will try anyways
    I have a basketball tournament in one week and I need to get into great condition. I am an athlete, 14 years of competitive tennis, so intensity is not a factor.

I have been lifting heavy on an intense strength training program for about 4 weeks and put on 10lbs. I realize now for the time being i need to focus on conditioning like plyo, running fast miles, stretching, etc. i want to keep lifting in conjunction with my running and conditioning i just do not know what weight lifting routine i should undertake. I would like to keep as much muscle as possible and lose the some fat, most of all be able to sprint around forever.
    Would appreciate any help!!

The tourney starts on sat morning, when should I stop lifting?
    My stats 5'8" 155 23 years old

reardbandit is offline Associate Member
    Probably stop lifting around thursday or so, depending on how intense your program actually is. If you do deads on that last day, you may even want to stop on wednesday, or just have a real easy day on thursday.

Just keep in mind that it is extremely difficult to both gain muscle and lose fat at the same time, while at the same time being able to "sprint around forever." IMO, MMA fighters are the best all-around athletes in the business, but when you look at a lot of them, they dont look like pro bodybuilders. A lot of them don't even have that good of musculature. So really, you gotta pick a priority and stick with it. Do you wanna be BIG, do you wanna be muscular, or do you wanna be well-conditioned? You may get two, but only the best can manage all three.

Thread Information