pitchindude is offline Associate Member

Need Assistance...

Hey everybody, I have a few questions, but first let me tell you about me.
    I'm a junior in college and a "stand-out" baseball player. I'm mainly a pitcher, and I'm being scouted by a few teams who are "very interested". As of now my fastball velocity bounces between 87 and 90mph, with a curveball, cutter and circle changeup and good control of all my pitches. However, I am concerned that my velocity is not up to par and I would like to bump it up a bit.
    I am now considering steroids and need a bit of help. I would like to know If I should use, What I should use, How much I would need, How long to use, etc etc etc.

I assume u would need to know more about me, so here goes:
    -6'4"
    -240lbs
    -12% bodyfat
    -no medical problems

-My diet generally consists of 50% protien, 40% carbs, and 10% fats....how should I change this? I'm open to all advice.

In addition, I have easy access, and money to spend (been saving my paychecks for 5 years).

If there's anything else you need to know, feel free to ask.

asimov is offline Junior Member
    Hey dude, welcome to the board. Good question... I've been down that road, playing college ball...waiting for the MPHs to come around...played pro ball. At a point late in my career I used steroids . Quite honestly there is too much for you to do naturally to turn that kind of help at this point. I think that most people here would advise you that messing with your hormones at your age could compromise your natural growth potential. Between 20 and 22 yrs old I probably added about 6 or 7 MPH to my fastball, from 22 to 25 a few more.

Even now there's probably some untapped MPHs in that arm of yours. Pitching tears down your arm, pitch to pitch, day to day, week to week, etc...stuff you already know I'm sure. Take it from me, after a lot of years in the game, if you invest serious time and effort into your rotator cuff, you'll see results and you can see them quickly. And were talking about a small group of muscles here, you don't need steroids to build them up. Hit those, put time into your core and legs and you'll get a lot out of it.

I think you can do plenty before going down that road.
    Last edited by asimov; 08-25-2009 at 09:03 PM.

alex18 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by asimov View Post
    Hey dude, welcome to the board. Good question... I've been down that road, playing college ball...waiting for the MPHs to come around...played pro ball. At a point late in my career I used steroids . Quite honestly there is too much for you to do naturally to turn that kind of help at this point. I think that most people here would advise you that messing with your hormones at your age could compromise your natural growth potential. Between 20 and 22 yrs old I probably added about 6 or 7 MPH to my fastball, from 22 to 25 a few more.

Even now there's probably some untapped MPHs in that arm of yours. Pitching tears down your arm, pitch to pitch, day to day, week to week, etc...stuff you already know I'm sure. Take it from me, after a lot of years in the game, if you invest serious time and effort into your rotator cuff, you'll see results and you can see them quickly. And were talking about a small group of muscles here, you don't need steroids to build them up. Hit those, put time into your core and legs and you'll get a lot out of it.

I think you can do plenty before going down that road.
    this response was fooking awesome! very very well said!

oskey is offline New Member
    I played pro ball also, I actually threw harder in college 93-96, the immense amount of throwing that you do will most likely drop your current speed; I've seen so many kids throw 90 in college, then get released a year later because they were throwing 85. there are alot of exercises that can help you be more explosive off the mound but it does not guarantee velo increase. If you have good command of all those pitches with most big leaguers dont, who will have success so dont worry about speed, but that could be your ticket to getting there

Thread Information