Rwy
    Rwy is offline Productive Member

Worst time for sports coming soon

I hate summers. No basketball and no football. Baseball sucks so bad unless they are all on test and hitting home runs.

Really looking forward to Football this year.

RipOwens is offline Member
    Yea it's just a waiting game until football. Think anybody will pick up Tebow at some point?

Rwy
    I dont think so unless he switches position. He is a born leader though.

I am a huge Tebow fan but I am a huge football fan and he does not belong playing qb in the nfl

basketballfan22 is offline Senior Member
    I am definitely in the same boat. I am not at all a baseball fan; although attending the games can be pretty fun. As far as Tebow is concerned, I am not really a fan of his. He definitely has no room in the NFL as a quarterback either. I live in Colorado; and when I had to hear some stupid fans cry about Denver's decision to acquire Peyton over Tebow, it would make me go insane.

RipOwens is offline Member
    Maybe not, but you'd think someone would give him a 1-season shot to see what he can do. Took the broncos to the playoffs (great team even without him), and the jets .... well, not sure anybody knew what they were doing.

Rwy
    Think of it this way. Sanchez ran into his own lineman this year and fumbled the ball that went back for 6. I dont think anything has ever occured that has been this bad. Yet they still choose to play Sanchez over Tebow and even the 3rd string guy.

Rwy
    Quote Originally Posted by basketballfan22 View Post
    I am definitely in the same boat. I am not at all a baseball fan; although attending the games can be pretty fun. As far as Tebow is concerned, I am not really a fan of his. He definitely has no room in the NFL as a quarterback either. I live in Colorado; and when I had to hear some stupid fans cry about Denver's decision to acquire Peyton over Tebow, it would make me go insane.
    Its a great story. I love great stories and it was great watching all those comebacks after my games was over. This guy has a career in motavitional speaking that would probably make him more money than football

Rwy
    There is usually a really good football thread here during the season. No homers or disrespectful fans. Just guys talking football. Of course you have your 90's front running cowboys fans but they dont say much lol

Quote Originally Posted by Rwy View Post
    There is usually a really good football thread here during the season. No homers or disrespectful fans. Just guys talking football. Of course you have your 90's front running cowboys fans but they dont say much lol
    Lmao! Is that a shot at me?!? Although I was only 3 when they won their first title in the 90s, the Cowboys are still my team. Don't label me a fair-weather fan though. Despite the fact that I was born and raised in Colorado, I am a Cowboys and Spurs fan. I have been since I was little, and the Cowboys haven't done shit for the vast majority of my life. I am not one of those delusional fans though. Who is your favorite team? The damn Giants?!?

Think of it this way. Sanchez ran into his own lineman this year and fumbled the ball that went back for 6. I dont think anything has ever occured that has been this bad. Yet they still choose to play Sanchez over Tebow and even the 3rd string guy.
    Exactly! That is how bad Tebow is at quarterback. When Mark Sanchez is considered the better option, you know you suck.

Its a great story. I love great stories and it was great watching all those comebacks after my games was over. This guy has a career in motavitional speaking that would probably make him more money than football
    In my opinion the only thing that Tebow has done that people think is "cool" and "motivational" is be a devout Christian, which means nothing to me personally.

Rwy
    Lmao! Is that a shot at me?!? Although I was only 3 when they won their first title in the 90s, the Cowboys are still my team. Don't label me a fair-weather fan though. Despite the fact that I was born and raised in Colorado, I am a Cowboys and Spurs fan. I have been since I was little, and the Cowboys haven't done shit for the vast majority of my life. I am not one of those delusional fans though. Who is your favorite team? The damn Giants?!?
    Yes I am from NY. Of course I love the Giants. I actually will say shit to people on the street if I see them wearing Cowboys clothes. However we have been owning you guys the past few years so day boys dont bother me as much as I dislike the eagles. I think the word hate may come into play lol

HOwever I feel your pain because you have an idiot owner as do the knicks. Who constanlty always gets in the way

Rwy
    In my opinion the only thing that Tebow has done that people think is "cool" and "motivational" is be a devout Christian, which means nothing to me personally.
    I am not down with the religion part however home boy is supposedly a virgin and he has hotter ass being thrown in his face then we will ever see!! lol

I am not down with the religion part however home boy is supposedly a virgin and he has hotter ass being thrown in his face then we will ever see!! lol
    I can't imagine the kind of tail he could pull in, but again his reason for being a virgin is religion based. I don't think there is anything wrong with sex, so his virginity is not a big deal to me. His ability to stick to his convictions (regardless if I agree with them) is impressive. There are many devout Christians who don't believe in sex before marriage, but I can guarantee a vast majority of them would succumb to temptation if they had the ability to sleep with any girl they wanted.

Yes I am from NY. Of course I love the Giants. I actually will say shit to people on the street if I see them wearing Cowboys clothes. However we have been owning you guys the past few years so day boys dont bother me as much as I dislike the eagles. I think the word hate may come into play lol

HOwever I feel your pain because you have an idiot owner as do the knicks. Who constanlty always gets in the way
    Actually the Eagles are my least favorite team. I will say I HATE them. You are correct about Jerry Jones. He is turning into Al Davis. He is a ****ing moron, and he needs to allow more intelligent men to make the football decisions. Jerry just needs to write the checks. I never start shit with random people about their sports teams (as a Cowboys fan I can't even if I wanted to); but if someone opens their mouth, I am more than willing to exchange comments, lol.

By the way, what football thread were you talking about? I only joined this forum at the end of January, so I am not familiar with all of the popular threads.

Rwy
    It can be fun jarring with other teams fans as long as it doesnt cross the line.

I was at the giants skins game this year jarring with a skins fan and we were giving it to him when we were up but man did we get quiet in the 4th quarter until Eli threw that bomb to cruz but this guy run out before cruz hit the end zone lol

we have a lot to be scared of with rg3 in our division....not good

It can be fun jarring with other teams fans as long as it doesnt cross the line.

I was at the giants skins game this year jarring with a skins fan and we were giving it to him when we were up but man did we get quiet in the 4th quarter until Eli threw that bomb to cruz but this guy run out before cruz hit the end zone lol

we have a lot to be scared of with rg3 in our division....not good
    Yeah, as long as the shit talk is done in fun; then I have no problem with it. People can get pretty stupid though, and that is what I hate. RGIII is a ****ing stud. I hate the Redskins, but I never wish injury upon anyone. I hope Griffin has a long career. His style of play may make that unlikely though.

zaggahamma is offline Mr. Moderation
    yup i wont watch baseball till playoffs

but was the same for basketball this season

and football hasnt been getting my attention til late in season either

what a game that first one of the series between heat and pacers was...best one i can remember

Quote Originally Posted by zaggahamma View Post
    yup i wont watch baseball till playoffs

but was the same for basketball this season

and football hasnt been getting my attention til late in season either

what a game that first one of the series between heat and pacers was...best one i can remember
    Really? You should have watched Game 1 between the Spurs and Warriors. The Spurs came back from 16 with only 4 minutes remaining. It eventually went into double overtime. Shit gave me a thousand heart attacks.

Really? You should have watched Game 1 between the Spurs and Warriors. The Spurs came back from 16 with only 4 minutes remaining. It eventually went into double overtime. Shit gave me a thousand heart attacks.
    oh wow

yeh i missed that whole series...something draws me to the East...so weird a game to a hundred points could come down to ties...lol

Quote Originally Posted by zaggahamma View Post
    oh wow

yeh i missed that whole series...something draws me to the East...so weird a game to a hundred points could come down to ties...lol
    The East?!? You mean the JV conference, lol?

Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member
    That's why God invented the Harley Davidson. Gives you something to do while waiting for football season..............

lmao...as long as the heat dont win imma happy man

Dee3152 is offline New Member
    Can't wait till football starts already. Baseball is so boring.

Rwy
    Easy lets not forget you are a cowboys fan!!! lol

Rwy
    Quote Originally Posted by Dee3152 View Post
    Can't wait till football starts already. Baseball is so boring.
    I cannot say that becaus thats like saying I want my summer to end fast!!!

Thread Information