View Poll Results: Who will win the 2013 NBA Finals and in how many games?

Voters
4. You may not vote on this poll
  • San Antonio Spurs in 4

0 0%
  • Miami Heat in 4

0 0%
  • San Antonio Spurs in 5

0 0%
  • Miami Heat in 5

1 25.00%
  • San Antonio Spurs in 6

2 50.00%
  • Miami Heat in 6

0 0%
  • San Antonio Spurs in 7

1 25.00%
  • Miami Heat in 7

0 0%
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: 2013 NBA Finals: San Antonio Spurs vs. Miami Heat

zaggahamma is offline Mr. Moderation
    Quote Originally Posted by basketballfan22 View Post
    He went into hiding under the guise of being busy with work and the wife.
    lmao

i was thinking the same thing

he's a busy guy that max from south beach

basketballfan22 is offline Senior Member
    Yep, I saw that. I was worried during the last game, and I was hoping it was just a cramp. I know he hasn't played well the past two games, but he attracts the attention of the defense. This really sucks.

i look for him to get a double double manana

20/11

Well hopefully Tony Parker will be healthy for today. If we win this game, we will have an extremely great chance of taking it baby! GO SPURS GO!!!

yessiree bob

got an old friend in town from my tampa days

gonna both root for the spurs

cooking out shrimp, steelhead trout, italian sausage, corn on cob, fresh green beans, rican rice and beans

2 cakes

might have to copy and paste this for the other thread lol

played golf today...enjoyed...almost played 27 holes in 93/94 degree weather....WOW!

didnt watch any tv today to hear any hype but did yesterday

seems they think if parker not healthy we done??????????????

i stand by my double double not only he gonna play but gonna BALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

turned it off

felt like my friend was right

like the nba has narrated the games

didnt even attempt to find the open 3's for green and neal tonight....sure a couple but

eh

wtf

just doesnt make sense

bball?

God that was frustrating. We were in the game, but fell apart. Neal and Green are freaks. I am so disappointed in the rest of our team. You are correct in that we should have passed those two the ball more because they were still hot. As far as Manu is concerned, he can retire for all I care. Parker was killing Miami too in the first half, but he couldn't do shit in the second. Then Wade has a flashback game. I said the series would be dictated by Manu and Wade, and today was evidence of that. If we lose Game 5, we are done. Plain and simple.

good call

u always see it as it is

manu is DISGUSTING i agree....just wanna rip the last strand of hair out of his fvcked up scalp

so many missed layups and put backs by all in the series

Quote Originally Posted by zaggahamma View Post
    good call

u always see it as it is

manu is DISGUSTING i agree....just wanna rip the last strand of hair out of his fvcked up scalp

so many missed layups and put backs by all in the series
    Okay it's time for me to logout because you are reigniting my anger, lol. Seriously. THESE PAST TWO GAMES WE KEPT MISSING EASY ****ING BASKETS. HOW MANY TIMES CAN MIAMI BLOCK OUR SHOTS TOO?!? WE SHOULD BE MAKING SOME OF OUR "AND-1s" TOO.

WE NEED TO BOX THEM OUT TOO! I AM SICK OF THE OFFENSIVE REBOUNDS WE KEEP ALLOWING! Sorry for the anger, but God!

lol yeh i NEVER get angry.....geez....chill out

lmao

yeh usually its that 500 tattooed mohawk fvcker grabbin the put backs but i didnt see that fvcker play one minute and they still jammed us up

fn neal making 80 ft 3 pointers but no....lets lob it into that ****ing 8ft duncan so he can miss the 4 footers all night or get blocked by 6'4" wade or that headband wearing shiat bird lbj

or lets let ray fvcking 90 year old allen grab rebounds all fvcking night

WTF???????

GOTTA GET GAME 5

and fullfill my prediction

lol yeh i NEVER get angry.....geez....chill out

lmao

yeh usually its that 500 tattooed mohawk fvcker grabbin the put backs but i didnt see that fvcker play one minute and they still jammed us up

fn neal making 80 ft 3 pointers but no....lets lob it into that ****ing 8ft duncan so he can miss the 4 footers all night or get blocked by 6'4" wade or that headband wearing shiat bird lbj

or lets let ray fvcking 90 year old allen grab rebounds all fvcking night

WTF???????

GOTTA GET GAME 5

and fullfill my prediction
    Lmao. You should see how angry I get in real time during the games. I don't understand how that old ass Allen is defending us and rebounding either. There are many frustrating things about this series.

Zagga, I know we had talked about this before; but This Is The End got really good reviews. I am going to go watch it tomorrow, so I will tell you what I thought of it. How was The Internship? It didn't get the best of reviews.

Zagga, I know we had talked about this before; but This Is The End got really good reviews. I am going to go watch it tomorrow, so I will tell you what I thought of it. How was The Internship? It didn't get the best of reviews.
    oh sorry i thought i reviewed it...must have been facebook...

it was just aight...imo....seen lot funnier films especially with that duo....not sure if it was cuz they had to keep it pg13 or what but it was decent funny, kind of a feel good /cutesy/self help/learn/grow family type movie but like i said still had some humor and definitely not a walk out movie which I WILL DO

1-10 i give it a 6.9 where 2 other recent now u see me 6.5 and great gatsby 6.....go back a few months..."this is 40" i give 8.8....love rudd's movies....if i think of a few others ive seen recent i'll rate those so u can compare and see if you have similar opinion or what not or ask me a few that you may have liked or even disliked and i'll rate
    tell u right now i'm not a fast and the furious, transformers, karate ....movie liker ...lol
    damn we got another day with no bball....played golf this weekend helped make it go a lil faster....damn its hot out

Haha, oh man you even go into decimal points when rating. That's hardcore! I only rate by 0.5 increments, but I work on a 10+ scale so 10+ is the absolute pinnacle a movie can achieve. I have seen literally thousands of movies (I am a movie buff); and growing up, I used to rate all the movies I watched. I will list a few (I believe there are less than 10 in all) of my 10+ movies:

Gladiator, The Green Mile, One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest, Braveheart, and The Shawshank Redemption.

I know it is unfair to compare movies from different genres (especially comedies), but I do anyway. As far as some of my favorite comedies ever, they would be the following:

Superbad, Dumb and Dumber, Tropical Thunder, Pineapple Express, and Zoolander.

Despite how much I love actually going to the movies, I don't go that often (little pricey); therefore a VAST majority of films that I watch are either rented (via Netflix or pay-per-view) or are watched on premium channels, e.g. HBO and Showtime. Here are a few recent movies that I have seen and liked:

The Perks of Being a Wallflower, Lincoln, Silver Linings Playbook, Django Unchained, Moonrise Kingdom, and Argo.

I think you and I have similar taste in movies as I too don't like the types of movies you listed. I would add to that list: musicals, romantic movies (for the most part), and even big time war movies. I know it is weird for a guy to not love action movies with a lot of shooting and killing (there are some I really like, but it is because they had compelling stories), but I tend to not be too crazy about them.

I haven't seen This is 40, but I do like Paul Rudd a lot. I think that movie is geared towards an older crowd, and my sister (she is 39) seems to believe that I wouldn't like it that much.

I can be somewhat of a movie snob, but I am not too bad. I enjoy independent films (not to the extent of my sister who seems to hate ANY big-budget film), comedies, and quality dramas. My taste in movies tends to correlate well with how critics review films as there have not been many films that have been rated poorly that I enjoyed, and vice versa.

Hopefully the extra day off will allow the Spurs to recuperate that way we can beat the shit out of the Heat.
    Last edited by basketballfan22; 06-15-2013 at 11:49 AM.

Haha, oh man you even go into decimal points when rating. That's hardcore! I only rate by 0.5 increments, but I work on a 10+ scale so 10+ is the absolute pinnacle a movie can achieve. I have seen literally thousands of movies (I am a movie buff); and growing up, I used to rate all the movies I watched. I will list a few (I believe there are less than 10 in all) of my 10+ movies:

Gladiator, [I]The Green Mile[/I], One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest, Braveheart, and The Shawshank Redemption.
    ALSO SEEN AND LIKED A LOT
    I know it is unfair to compare movies from different genres (especially comedies), but I do anyway. As far as some of my favorite comedies ever, they would be the following:

Superbad, Dumb and Dumber, Tropical Thunder, Pineapple Express, and Zoolander.
    ALSO SEEN AND LIKED (AND HOW ABOUT FORGETTING SARAH MARSHAL, ROLE MODELS, KNOCKED UP...)
    Despite how much I love actually going to the movies, I don't go that often (little pricey); therefore a VAST majority of films that I watch are either rented (via Netflix or pay-per-view) or are watched on premium channels, e.g. HBO and Showtime. Here are a few recent movies that I have seen and liked:
    We buy the tickets at costco 2 for 16.99 so 8.50 each for a night movie, yes 11.00 bucks is STEEP for us as well and we smuggle in food/drink

The Perks of Being a Wallflower, Lincoln, Silver Linings Playbook, Django Unchained, Moonrise Kingdom, and Argo.
    recently saw...was still in movie theaters! enjoyed...i like the girl and coopers a good actor

I think you and I have similar taste in movies as I too don't like the types of movies you listed.was thinking the same thing I would add to that list: musicals, romantic movies (for the most part), and even big time war movies. I know it is weird for a guy to not love action movies with a lot of shooting and killing (there are some I really like, but it is because they had compelling stories), but I tend to not be too crazy about them.
    this is what i say as well but i feel the exact opposite...cant seemed to get psyched up saying cant wait to see walker, etc, now the rock in action...although i like some of the rock's serious/dramatic/family movies...i dont like the tough guy catch phrases/personas, etc.

I haven't seen This is 40, but I do like Paul Rudd a lot. I think that movie is geared towards an older crowd, and my sister (she is 39) seems to believe that I wouldn't like it that much.ONE OF THE FVCKING FUNNIEST EVER...my wife is 28 and i'm 44 not sure if cuz she hangs with me and older people but she had no problem relating and busting a gut...but those r the type of movies we love...the one with him and jen anniston on same level as funny WANDERLUST sure youve heard of it

I can be somewhat of a movie snob, but I am not too bad. I enjoy independent films (not to the extent of my sister who seems to hate ANY big-budget film), comedies, and quality dramas. My taste in movies tend to correlate well with how critics review films as there have not been many films that have been rated poorly that I enjoyed, and vice versa.

Hopefully the extra day off will allow the Spurs to recuperate that way we can beat the shit out of the Heat.
    wow , i'm glad i didnt bore you with my long text i can see that this is not the case

cool, yes, the decimal system might not be carved in stone but if we try to micro compare i may pull that system back out at some time just to help portray

i tried bolding my responses we'll see how it comes out...i havent perfected the gbrice multi quote system yet....lol

i was telling my friend well if the series continues we win you win we win you win...... SPURS WILL BE CHAMPS!

guess its our thread anyway bro...we'll talk movies and basketball....lol

going to see man of steel today

guess its our thread anyway bro...we'll talk movies and basketball....lol

going to see man of steel today
    Lmao, yeah. I will happily discuss movies and basketball. Not so much golf though, hence the no response to that portion of your post .

I just saw Rwy's post about Man of Steel, and he said it is the best comic movie ever. I HIGHLY doubt that as The Dark Knight was nothing short of incredible. I would probably give that movie a 9 or a 10, and I am very selective with how I rate movies. Heath Ledger was Oscar-worthy for his portrayal of The Joker. I am sure Man of Steel is really good though.

wow , i'm glad i didnt bore you with my long text i can see that this is not the case

cool, yes, the decimal system might not be carved in stone but if we try to micro compare i may pull that system back out at some time just to help portray

i tried bolding my responses we'll see how it comes out...i havent perfected the gbrice multi quote system yet....lol

i was telling my friend well if the series continues we win you win we win you win...... SPURS WILL BE CHAMPS!
    It was a little hard to decipher that post, lol. Gb's style is just so much cleaner. I couldn't quite understand your post on the whole action movie comment. You said you agree, but yet you feel the exact opposite. Lol, how is that possible?

I have heard of and seen Wanderlust, but I thought it was just-okay. I did enjoy My Idiot Brother.

If you can, what are your top 10 movies of all time irrespective of genre? If that is too difficult, I will allow you to break it up into genres.

It was a little hard to decipher that post, lol. Gb's style is just so much cleaner. I couldn't quite understand your post on the whole action movie comment. You said you agree, but yet you feel the exact opposite. Lol, how is that possible?

I have heard of and seen Wanderlust, but I thought it was just-okay. I did enjoy My Idiot Brother.
    yes I LOVED my idiot brother I SEE SO MANY I FORGET THEM!

and sorry, i was wondering if my desc. of action movies was gonna get cluttered...sorry...here it is:

not into cars...i like em but just not crazy about em...dont care how fast or furiously u gonna be drivin em or how GQ u look whist driving them...or climbing out of em....

action movies i like tend to revolve around rescues, national defense (butlers recent movie OLYMPUS HAS FALLEN), terminator, commando.....have u seen mel gibson's RANSOM???????? Johnny Depp's NICK OF TIME?

i'll give u my rating of MAN OF STEEL just before game time tonight

agree with your DARK NIGHT rating....i saw all and like that one the best...i really like the whole escape from prison with the jump saga....like the leading girl too never liked the others...like hathaway a lot

good drama to see

"my sisters keeper"

yes I LOVED my idiot brother I SEE SO MANY I FORGET THEM!

and sorry, i was wondering if my desc. of action movies was gonna get cluttered...sorry...here it is:

not into cars...i like em but just not crazy about em...dont care how fast or furiously u gonna be drivin em or how GQ u look whist driving them...or climbing out of em....

action movies i like tend to revolve around rescues, national defense (butlers recent movie OLYMPUS HAS FALLEN), terminator, commando.....have u seen mel gibson's RANSOM???????? Johnny Depp's NICK OF TIME?

i'll give u my rating of MAN OF STEEL just before game time tonight

agree with your DARK NIGHT rating....i saw all and like that one the best...i really like the whole escape from prison with the jump saga....like the leading girl too never liked the others...like hathaway a lot
    Okay, I understand now. I have not seen Ransom or Nick of Time.

The game is tomorrow night my man, not tonight.

Hathaway? I think you are mistaking The Dark Knight with The Dark Knight Rises (which was also really good). I was referring to the former with The Joker. It is pretty much universally claimed to be the greatest comic book movie of all time.
    Last edited by basketballfan22; 06-15-2013 at 02:33 PM.

good drama to see

"my sisters keeper"
    I have seen that one. It was pretty good and a little sad.

Rwy
    Rwy is offline Productive Member
    Lmao, yeah. I will happily discuss movies and basketball. Not so much golf though, hence the no response to that portion of your post .

I just saw Rwy's post about Man of Steel, and he said it is the best comic movie ever. I HIGHLY doubt that as The Dark Knight was nothing short of incredible. I would probably give that movie a 9 or a 10, and I am very selective with how I rate movies. Heath Ledger was Oscar-worthy for his portrayal of The Joker. I am sure Man of Steel is really good though.
    I thought the third batman was better then the second as a whole but Heath Ledgers performance as the villain blows any villian performace away in comic book movie history. However take away heath and the Dark Knight was just an ok movie.

Superman and the Hulk are my two favorite comic book characters. So i am partial to superman

If you can, what are your top 10 movies of all time irrespective of genre? If that is too difficult, I will allow you to break it up into genres.
    this will be hard to do just based on my memory as u can see i forgot even seeing a recent movie...that i REALLY liked "mh idiot brother"

not fine tuned or official yet but i named my all time comedy favs...with my memory i'd have to see them all again in a short period of time to rank them cuz i know most would have an identical (including decimal) rank

role models
    forgetting sarah marshal
    knocked up
    super bad
    pineapple express
    this is 40
    wunderlust

again, not necessarily in that order...as i remember they all were similar hillarious

movies that i'v walked out on , again, that i can remember...never finished...just walked out of theater

this recent muppets movie(jason segel)(another actor that i really like)(hate musicals...thought i might like cuz he was in...NOT....never saw the wizard of oz from beginning to end)

lont time ago...cliffhanger(stallone)

all time drama/big picture types

titantic

titantic is the only one that keeps popping into my head

used to love tom cruises earlier pics (color of money, few good men, top gun, coctail, days of thunder)

enjoyed dicapprio's BLOOD DIAMOND a lot

well, i figured out about being wrong about when the game was on earlier in the day...just seemed utterly ridiculous AGAIN that they skip 2 days....lol

i'll try to tweak the list and get em in 1-10

and the batman movie i was talking about...not sure where i confused ....hathaway and bale...did he not have to escape a prison?

The Dark Knight Rises - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Quote Originally Posted by Rwy View Post
    I thought the third batman was better then the second as a whole but Heath Ledgers performance as the villain blows any villian performace away in comic book movie history. However take away heath and the Dark Knight was just an ok movie.

Superman and the Hulk are my two favorite comic book characters. So i am partial to superman
    Just an okay movie? Really? I think it was definitely the best one, and Heath's performance made the movie legendary. To me it sets the bar that all superhero movies should aspire to be like.

This is the End is pretty ****ing hilarious by the way. I definitely recommend that movie to anyone. One of the funniest films I have seen in a while.

this will be hard to do just based on my memory as u can see i forgot even seeing a recent movie...that i REALLY liked "mh idiot brother"

not fine tuned or official yet but i named my all time comedy favs...with my memory i'd have to see them all again in a short period of time to rank them cuz i know most would have an identical (including decimal) rank

role models
    forgetting sarah marshal
    knocked up
    super bad
    pineapple express
    this is 40
    wunderlust

again, not necessarily in that order...as i remember they all were similar hillarious

movies that i'v walked out on , again, that i can remember...never finished...just walked out of theater

this recent muppets movie(jason segel)(another actor that i really like)(hate musicals...thought i might like cuz he was in...NOT....never saw the wizard of oz from beginning to end)

lont time ago...cliffhanger(stallone)

all time drama/big picture types

titantic

titantic is the only one that keeps popping into my head

used to love tom cruises earlier pics (color of money, few good men, top gun, coctail, days of thunder)

enjoyed dicapprio's BLOOD DIAMOND a lot

well, i figured out about being wrong about when the game was on earlier in the day...just seemed utterly ridiculous AGAIN that they skip 2 days....lol

i'll try to tweak the list and get em in 1-10

and the batman movie i was talking about...not sure where i confused ....hathaway and bale...did he not have to escape a prison?

The Dark Knight Rises - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Yeah, I like Jason Segel too; but I disliked and too did not finish the The Muppets. Based off of your comedies, you really should watch This is the End, both Segel and Rudd make cameos (that's not really a spoiler).

How did you like Inception? I really enjoyed it. I am a fan of Leonardo DiCaprio both as an actor and person. The Departed is an excellent mafia movie too.

The reason I thought you were mistaken was that I was talking about The Dark Knight and how it is by far the best superhero movie ever made. You responded that you agreed and that you liked that one the best too. Then you described the plot to the last one The Dark Knight Rises. I just wanted to clarify that I was talking about the second movie, not the third.

Yeah, I like Jason Segel too; but I disliked and too did not finish the The Muppets. Based off of your comedies, you really should watch This is the End, both Segel and Rudd make cameos (that's not really a spoiler).

How did you like Inception? I really enjoyed it. I am a fan of Leonardo DiCaprio both as an actor and person. The Departed is an excellent mafia movie too.

The reason I thought you were mistaken was that I was talking about The Dark Knight and how it is by far the best superhero movie ever made. You responded that you agreed and that you liked that one the best too. Then you described the plot to the last one The Dark Knight Rises. I just wanted to clarify that I was talking about the second movie, not the third.
    the most recent one...i thought u meant that one but oh yeh you liked the one with ledger in it...i also liked it better than all previous ones as well but thought the best was the most recent...unusual with sequels....i didnt care for the humor in the earlier ones....i like j nickelson but just didnt do it for me...and i like all j. depp's serious movies BUT CANT STAND THOSE FN PIRATE FVCKING PARADES!

i keep being told to watch inception and i HAVENT...started watching a boot leg viewing of it and it wasnt viewable to be able to follow enjoy....i remember something about dicaprio being in an interogation room or something in the beginning?

i'll DEFINITELY watch it...heard nothing but raves about it

another movie u may find silly that is one of my favs...idk..maybe it came around and i watched at at certain time in my life who knows but a movie that i have watched more than once (which is rare for me)...CITY OF ANGELS (nick cage, meg ryan)

we considered watching BOTH this is the end AND man of steel today...ended up not going at all...pretty big/bad storm round here....manana maybe

we considered watching BOTH this is the end AND man of steel today...ended up not going at all...pretty big/bad storm round here....manana maybe
    Damn! I was awaiting your review. Thus far I would say the reviews for This is the End are better than the ones for Man of Steel, but obviously they are entirely different movies.

I just assumed you had seen Inception, but I suppose it's best to not make such unfounded assumptions. It is definitely a really good movie, but you MUST pay attention. Honestly you may need to watch the film a couple of times for it to make complete sense. It requires you to think.

I am not sure if you hate movies with subtitles like 99% of America, but Pan's Labyrinth is probably the best foreign film I have ever seen.

Damn! I was awaiting your review. Thus far I would say the reviews for This is the End are better than the ones for Man of Steel, but obviously they are entirely different movies.

I just assumed you had seen Inception, but I suppose it's best to not make such unfounded assumptions. It is definitely a really good movie, but you MUST pay attention. Honestly you may need to watch the film a couple of times for it to make complete sense. It requires you to think.

I am not sure if you hate movies with subtitles like 99% of America, but Pan's Labyrinth is probably the best foreign film I have ever seen.
    i probably wouldNT even try a foreign movie

but yes i heard the same thing about inception

sorry i couldnt give u my review

u know what i HAVENT heard anybody raving about is ironman3 which i dont even know if i saw the first one....lol...i saw avengers that had ironman in it...it was just aight to me
    Last edited by zaggahamma; 06-16-2013 at 03:07 AM.

i probably would even try a foreign movie

but yes i heard the same thing about inception

sorry i couldnt give u my review

u know what i HAVENT heard anybody raving about is ironman3 which i dont even know if i saw the first one....lol...i saw avengers that had ironman in it...it was just aight to me
    I watched the first two Ironman movies, and I really enjoyed them. They may be my favorites superhero movies after the Dark Knight trilogy. The Avengers was pretty good.

man of steel 2:15 downtown disney

You will have time to catch the game at 6 MT too. I want you to compare it to The Dark Knight movies. Try to not use any spoilers though.

Spurs in 8 minutes! GO SPURS GO!!!

SAW IT!!!!!

no spoiling

equal and not greater to avengers...i liked it a lil less than my fav dark night(the last one) probably give the batman a 7 and man of steel 6.9

i dont like lois lane didnt think i would when i saw who and confirmed now i know her character is supposed to be plain jane but i'd rather look at a face for 2 hours like hathaways....freakin diane lane better lookin than her lmao

GO SPURS!

FN COMMENTATORS ARE SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO FCKING BANDWAGONISH!

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread Information