View Poll Results: Who will win the 2013 NBA Finals and in how many games?

Voters
4. You may not vote on this poll
  • San Antonio Spurs in 4

0 0%
  • Miami Heat in 4

0 0%
  • San Antonio Spurs in 5

0 0%
  • Miami Heat in 5

1 25.00%
  • San Antonio Spurs in 6

2 50.00%
  • Miami Heat in 6

0 0%
  • San Antonio Spurs in 7

1 25.00%
  • Miami Heat in 7

0 0%
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: 2013 NBA Finals: San Antonio Spurs vs. Miami Heat

Bio-Active is online now AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by zaggahamma View Post
    u mean tomorrow

and what did u think of the foul calling at the end of the game honestly

or do u figure that the big burley james didnt get the calls he deserved earlier so its all even
    Bro there were a ton of fouls not called in the game and a lot of fouls that were poor calls. Duncan over millers back and miller gets called for the foul? It was a terribly officiated game period!

"Maximus" is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rwy View Post
    Joey Crawford missed that foul on duncan and then called the phantom on bron on the other end. It was terrible but there were not calling anything towards the end. It seems like they were letting them play.

It was def his way of saying **** you Duncan. In basketball you are playing against an opponent and the league. The league wants 7 games the league is going to get 7 games.

The officiating sucks every game and thats a given but Lebron James showed why he is the best player in bball right now.
    And there is so much hearsay with that post of yours, that I am actually wasting my time even replying back to you or any heat-hating conspiracy theorist out there.. I mean, jezzz "you guys" had it all last night: the advantage, the "refs'" calls lmao, and even were up 30 freaking seconds towards the championship.. but no, a few fowls and missed free-throws, was what really caused the Spurs the game not the officiating, Loch Ness monter, Lebrons residing hairline nor his HGH usage LMAO...

Rwy
    Rwy is offline Productive Member
    Quote Originally Posted by "Maximus" View Post
    And there is so much hearsay with that post of yours, that I am actually wasting my time even replying back to you or any heat-hating conspiracy theorist out there.. I mean, jezzz "you guys" had it all last night: the advantage, the "refs'" calls lmao, and even were up 30 freaking seconds towards the championship.. but no, a few fowls and missed free-throws, was what really caused the Spurs the game not the officiating, Loch Ness monter, Lebrons residing hairline nor his HGH usage LMAO...

Lets not forget worst fan base in sports lol

Chris Bosh to fans who left Game 6 early: ‘Don’t come back for Game 7′ | ProBasketballTalk
    zaggahamma likes this.

That was crazy... Its the finals why would you leave early when you are only down by 3?
    "Maximus" likes this.

And who cares, really? You, that obviously seems to be butt hurt because your team either a) was eliminated because it is... LOL whatever, b) your team does not have an elite group of competing athletes, and/or c) your jealous because your team could not land Lebron???

I didn't noticed nobody leaving from the section I was because I was too into the game supporting my team, whether it had lost or not (they actually pulled off the upset lol).. At least I can consider myself a true Heat fan. I can name you the entire 1996 roster without googling it to the best of my knowledge. I can show you memorabilia from the early games at the OLD arena (not the AA Arena where the Heat plays now, since early 2000s) as proof if you want, when my dad used to take me to the Heat games.. That there are bandwagon fans AND HATERS, LMAO, your comment is just a living proof of it and those who left early thinking that the Heat were going to lose last night!

Nice comeback though! Next time, post more articles if you want.. Tomorrow, I will be here whether my team lose or not!

...I hope to see you on this thread, if the Spurs lose though LMAO!!

zaggahamma is offline Mr. Moderation
    i talked to people that root for the heat and admitted the end of the game was the worse officiating EVER

i do agree that there were a few bad calls in the course of the game that went both ways but the BLATANCY at the end was ridiculous

yes the spurs STILL could have won ....a missed free throw or a couple, pops could have made them fould and the 3 pointer wouldnt have been an option which i feel equals the sin of the officiating

bottom line...the heat aint all that...and that game was handed to them

btw....loved seeing the receding hairline chump getting that elbow macaroni to his snoz

btw....loved seeing the receding hairline chump getting that elbow macaroni to his snoz
    lmao.. at least that woke him up and got you even more upset!

I will be here joining you after 9pm from my phone.. whether we win or lose.
    zaggahamma likes this.

i talked to people that root for the heat and admitted the end of the game was the worse officiating EVER

i do agree that there were a few bad calls in the course of the game that went both ways but the BLATANCY at the end was ridiculous

yes the spurs STILL could have won ....a missed free throw or a couple, pops could have made them fould and the 3 pointer wouldnt have been an option which i feel equals the sin of the officiating

bottom line...the heat aint all that...and that game was handed to them
    But zagga, I can't take you serious on this statement because you have shown to be biased. If you are going to use the "officiating" to trash the game because it didn't go your way, you need to come clean and talk about it from both ends and not just from "how bad it was officiated towards" the Spurs.. Actually, the refs were calling almost everything in favor of the Spurs last night; I was there and saw it with my own to eyes.

Those bad calls you are referring to at the end of OT, what are they? Really? Can you point them out without BS opinion? The facts only.. I can name one for you: it was hilarious to see Manu Ginobili travel all the way to Argentina for that last play. And I am not making fun of it, just watch the replays!

Rwy
    But I already stated that the heat will probably win.

I dont dislike Lebron. I think he is great to watch. I would take him on the Knicks in a heartbeat. I do hate Dwade though. HATE HATE HATE DWADE

Enjoy it while you can bc Lebron will be taking his talents some where else next year

Quote Originally Posted by "Maximus" View Post
    But zagga, I can't take you serious on this statement because you have shown to be biased. If you are going to use the "officiating" to trash the game because it didn't go your way, you need to come clean and talk about it from both ends and not just from "how bad it was officiated towards" the Spurs.. Actually, the refs were calling almost everything in favor of the Spurs last night; I was there and saw it with my own to eyes.

Those bad calls you are referring to at the end of OT, what are they? Really? Can you point them out without BS opinion? The facts only.. I can name one for you: it was hilarious to see Manu Ginobili travel all the way to Argentina for that last play. And I am not making fun of it, just watch the replays!
    the very last shot in OT green got hit quite hard and even van gundy said it was a foul

yes there were bad call both ways but i saw it in favor of the heat....i agree that that type of opinion gets bias but i say when theres a bad call against the team that i'm rooting for...i DONT want to see bad calls AT ALL

I understand that u cant see everything and make all calls 100% but the nba has a severe problem

basketballfan22 is offline Senior Member
    God that was one of the most difficult games for me to get over in a LONG time. I am still a little emo right now, but tomorrow I should be back to normal. As long as my Spurs can bounce back and learn from their mistakes, we have a great shot. I just hope our young guys who messed up (e.g. Kawhi Leonard) will forget about last game and just continue to play great. If we lose, don't expect to hear from me (at least in this thread) for a while, lol. I am trying to not dwell on the past, so I refuse to discuss Game 6. It just makes me angry and depressed. I was in a cloudy haze after the game. That is after I lost my shit.

Zagga, Rwy has a thread on golf just under this one.

Rwy
    Quote Originally Posted by basketballfan22 View Post
    God that was one of the most difficult games for me to get over in a LONG time. I am still a little emo right now, but tomorrow I should be back to normal. As long as my Spurs can bounce back and learn from their mistakes, we have a great shot. I just hope our young guys who messed up (e.g. Kawhi Leonard) will forget about last game and just continue to play great. If we lose, don't expect to hear from me (at least in this thread) for a while, lol. I am trying to not dwell on the past, so I refuse to discuss Game 6. It just makes me angry and depressed. I was in a cloudy haze after the game. That is after I lost my shit.
    Tough game for a spurs fun to swallow.....going to be tough for you guys tomorrow

Zagga, Rwy has a thread on golf just under this one.
    i'll look for it

if my memory serves only 2 games were close out of the 6?

Yep. Only Games 1 and 6 have been close. I predicted Spurs in 7, so let's hope I am correct.
    zaggahamma likes this.

Big game tonight!!!
    zaggahamma likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by jim230027 View Post
    Big game tonight!!!
    I am absolutely terrified (granted, I always am in regards to the Spurs). I had a bad dream about it, so let's hope I am not precognitive. My Spurs have to play the best game we have ever played. GO SPURS GO!!!

I am absolutely terrified (granted, I always am in regards to the Spurs). I had a bad dream about it, so let's hope I am not precognitive. My Spurs have to play the best game we have ever played. GO SPURS GO!!!
    theyve actually BEEN playing real good...minus a few missed ft's

hope they keep it up

theyve actually BEEN playing real good...minus a few missed ft's

hope they keep it up
    All depends on Miami IMO. If Miami is aggressive to the basket and plays the defense they are capable of it could be a long night for the spurs. If not it will be a bad night for Miami. Both teams have shown that if they show up with there A game that they can blow the other out. Nothing bigger than a NBA 7 NBA finals!!

All depends on Miami IMO. If Miami is aggressive to the basket and plays the defense they are capable of it could be a long night for the spurs. If not it will be a bad night for Miami. Both teams have shown that if they show up with there A game that they can blow the other out. Nothing bigger than a NBA 7 NBA finals!!
    yeh their long arms and steal/disruptive type defense is their strength as i think the spurs know how to combat their offense somehow

i havent watched too much of the critics/commentary the last 40 hours...has anyone brought up the officiating..to any significance?

yeh their long arms and steal/disruptive type defense is their strength as i think the spurs know how to combat their offense somehow

i havent watched too much of the critics/commentary the last 40 hours...has anyone brought up the officiating..to any significance?
    Not a whole lot brought up about the officiating the critics are just talking about how the spurs gave away the game and they thing momentum has swung Miamis way. Honestly its not even worth listening to. Arguably we have the 2 best teams playing in game 7 tonight! I am like a kid in a candy store! Butterfly's in my stomach just thinking about tonight

Screw Game 6. The Spurs can't dwell on what could have been. Manu was fouled for sure, and he should have been able to shoot some free throws. However Tim Duncan was illegally substituted after Allen hit the three. In the end the Spurs should have won that game had they done JUST 1 thing correctly at the end. STOP ALLOWING OFFENSIVE REBOUNDS! If they would have rebounded LeBron's shot, Allen wouldn't have had the opportunity to shoot it. After Bosh gets the rebound, we should have fouled him; but instead we allow the greatest shooter of all time an open 3-pointer. Kawhi Leonard should have hit both free throws at the end, so the Spurs would have been up 4 instead of just 3. We choked on the line in the end, our turnovers are killing us, and so is our inability to BOX OUT and get the defensive boards. The three biggest keys to victory are defense, turnovers, and rebounding. We failed on all three of those at the end.

Not a whole lot brought up about the officiating the critics are just talking about how the spurs gave away the game and they thing momentum has swung Miamis way. Honestly its not even worth listening to. Arguably we have the 2 best teams playing in game 7 tonight! I am like a kid in a candy store! Butterfly's in my stomach just thinking about tonight
    What is arguable about it? There is no debate that these are the two best teams.

What is arguable about it? There is no debate that these are the two best teams.
    There are a lot of people out there that think Miami shouldn't be in the finals. I am not saying anyone here said that.

Lol, people can hate Miami all they want; but they are EASILY the best team in the East. If they win tonight, then they are the best team in the NBA. If my Spurs lose, I want them to lose to the the best team; and that is exactly what will happen if we come up short tonight. Champions must show perseverance, and that is exactly what Miami did last game. Now it is our turn to overcome a tough game and show the world why we are champions. After all we have done it four times before. **** the critics and so-called experts who are ruling us out tonight. That is why I haven't watched any coverage since the game. No one thought San Antonio would be this far to begin with, so what the **** do they know.

Lol, people can hate Miami all they want; but they are EASILY the best team in the East. If they win tonight, then they are the best team in the NBA. If my Spurs lose, I want them to lose to the the best team; and that is exactly what will happen if we come up short tonight. Champions must show perseverance, and that is exactly what Miami did last game. Now it is our turn to overcome a tough game and show the world why we are champions. After all we have done it four times before.
    I just hope it is a great game. I felt the same way with Parkers injury! It would absolutely suck if Miami won the series because of Tony not being able to preform!

they played d against parker well in the last game and the spurs stll found a way to separate and take a strong lead but like bball said spurs failed to put the dagger in

its like not shooting the fvcking monster in the head in a movie and the fvcker comes back with a ski mask on your ass

balls of steel to come back and grab game 7

my prophecy was stolen

hopin bball's will come true
    basketballfan22 likes this.

they played d against parker well in the last game and the spurs stll found a way to separate and take a strong lead but like bball said spurs failed to put the dagger in

its like not shooting the fvcking monster in the head in a movie and the fvcker comes back with a ski mask on your ass

my prophecy was stolen

Its a chess match of constant adjustments

my prophecy was stolen

Like your friend had pointed out, if the trend of alternating wins keeps happening, the Spurs will be the 2013 NBA champions! I made two predictions. If Manu plays like his old self, we will likely win; and the Spurs will take it in 7. In my opinion, the former prediction will have to come true in order for the latter to be true.

Hopefully Timmy can have a flashback game like he did in the first half of Game 6. Only this time he needs to play that well the entire game!

Its a chess match of constant adjustments
    i agree...i think other than not fouling pops is a master

i'm still in denial over game 6

it was like a ghost but i blamed it all on the refs

but it still goes down in the books without asterick

that would have made my year

defeat from the jaws of victory...blah blah blah

goin into this one wanting vengeance but feel like we're chasing a ghost

idk maybe someone can relate

well...need a lil cat nap before firing up the grill and coolin down the coronas

i'll check this and chime in lil before the tip

You are in denial?!? How do you think I feel? Lol. Gregg messed up, but he is a top 3 (perhaps even top 2) NBA coach of all time. If any team can bounce back from such a crushing loss, it is a team coached by him.

yes he is

and i do feel for you knowing that they are your home team and heart and soul

for me ...i admit i would have been rooting for the lakers just as much...however i do seem to like the spurs team/aura/persona/grace/humility

also my bud from hondo texas

pawn master is offline Junior Member
    spurs wasted Duncans biggest game in a long time. They looked defeated at the end of game 6. Green cant shoot on the road. Spurs won game 1 in Miami on the last shot. Miami will win Friday night. Wish I had seen this thread when the poll was on. I had Miami in 7 the whole series.

they dont play on fridays

and u reminded my about how well timmy played and how many points he had...good point

welcome to the thread

minus saying the heat will win

Zagga, recall when this thread had 105 views? Now it's over 2,000, lol.
    zaggahamma likes this.

they dont play on fridays

and u reminded my about how well timmy played and how many points he had...good point

welcome to the thread

minus saying the heat will win
    Ha did you notice i haven't made any comments about who i think will win?

Ha did you notice i haven't made any comments about who i think will win?
    no just noticed

when u lashed me for saying the fouls were mostly against the spurs i figured u were part of the big 3's groupie club

lmao

didnt u say u were at the game too?
    Bio-Active likes this.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread Information