View Poll Results: Who will win the 2013 NBA Finals and in how many games?

Voters
4. You may not vote on this poll
  • San Antonio Spurs in 4

0 0%
  • Miami Heat in 4

0 0%
  • San Antonio Spurs in 5

0 0%
  • Miami Heat in 5

1 25.00%
  • San Antonio Spurs in 6

2 50.00%
  • Miami Heat in 6

0 0%
  • San Antonio Spurs in 7

1 25.00%
  • Miami Heat in 7

0 0%
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: 2013 NBA Finals: San Antonio Spurs vs. Miami Heat

Bio-Active is online now AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by zaggahamma View Post
    no just noticed

when u lashed me for saying the fouls were mostly against the spurs i figured u were part of the big 3's groupie club

lmao

didnt u say u were at the game too?
    Oh man i would have loved to be there but no. I am so competitive by nature. I absolutely hate it when people rub my nose in it when my teams lose so i give the same respect back always. If Miami looses it would be the Spurs that i would want them to loose to! You just never know when you get 2 elite teams playing at this level. Honestly in my opinion it should have been the Spurs playing Miami in the finals last year as well. I never thought OKC was that good. For crying out loud didn't the spurs win the first 2 games in that series?

zaggahamma is offline Mr. Moderation
    Quote Originally Posted by jim230027 View Post
    Oh man i would have loved to be there but no. I am so competitive by nature. I absolutely hate it when people rub my nose in it when my teams lose so i give the same respect back always. If Miami looses it would be the Spurs that i would want them to loose to! You just never know when you get 2 elite teams playing at this level. Honestly in my opinion it should have been the Spurs playing Miami in the finals last year as well. I never thought OKC was that good. For crying out loud didn't the spurs win the first 2 games in that series?
    and win like 70 games?

okc had a very fast team and talent out the yang..if they had pops coaching...........

Almost time!!

Sfla80 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I've been avoiding this thread lol.

But I have one question for you two. Win or lose isn't this much better then a spurs pacers final...or any other team for that matter?

One of the best finals we have had in decades really!

Good luck to the spurs tonight, you will need it

Quote Originally Posted by Sfla80 View Post

But I have one question for you two. Win or lose isn't this much better then a spurs pacers final...or any other team for that matter?

Of course.... I am glad that it will be over tonight though! cant handle much more.

your asking if i have the chance NOT to see lebron james, hear lebron james name, ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH?

lol..

here we GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

basketballfan22 is offline Senior Member
    OH GOD BOYS! HERE WE GO! Game 7 of the NBA Finals. Doesn't get more intense than this. If my Spurs lose, I will be going on hiatus for a while, lol. GO SPURS GO!!!

Zodiac82 is offline AR's Scrapple Lover
    damn Im late as hell to this thread....zagga u shoulda told me in the Meal Thread this was goin on lol....gooooooo Spurssssss....cant stand Lebron

doubt if I stay up for all....gotta be to work at 6am

-Release the Kracken!!!-
    zaggahamma likes this.

Fvcking refs picking up right where they fvcking left on.....mother fvcking ridiculous....fvck this league....hack away at the spurs.....no fn calls....bump the heat and theyre at the line

and still close

And every mother fvcking time they do get a call on them its like mother fvcking honey boo boo drama mother fvcking time

"Maximus" is offline Anabolic Member
    Awesome series guys! In my case, my team won and I am happy, however, my sympathy is with my fellow forum members who unfortunately the team some of you were rooting for, the Spurs, didn't make it to the championship this season. My respect to you all.

glad u enjoyed

glad its over

sorry for bballfan moreso

i didnt want to post anything but i was refreshing every 10 min waiting to counter...then i saw my boy max...

lol

felt bad for my boy tim duncan missin the lay in then heavin the tip back 10 ft too far

lotta good action and i'll leave it on a good note
    "Maximus" likes this.

i see jim and zodiac lurking below

"Maximus" is offline Anabolic Member
    Yeah bro, I felt bad for him too seriously. I really enjoyed how him and james embraced after the game, and how Pop demonstrated his sportsmanship at the end as well.

I know sometimes passion and emotions flare during a given series but at the end of the day, we all are band of brothers, or so I want to see it this way in my case.

I had fun with you guys, plus my heat haters.. I love you guys too.

I look forward to keep engaging in spirited debates with you guys.

zaggahamma likes this.

Yes pops and duncan are great men

james hit the 3 ball tonight as well as the french lieutenants wife

Quote Originally Posted by "maximus" View Post
    yeah bro, i felt bad for him too seriously. I really enjoyed how him and james embraced after the game, and how pop demonstrated his sportsmanship at the end as well.

I know sometimes passion and emotions flare during a given series but at the end of the day, we all are band of brothers, or so i want to see it this way in my case.

I had fun with you guys, plus my heat haters.. I love you guys too.

I look forward to keep engaging in spirited debates with you guys.

super

Well it was fun talking to you guys, especially you zagga. I would invite you to my fantasy football league, but I know you don't like it. Perhaps I will drop by from time to time in one of your golf threads; although I would have nothing to offer, lol.

I have to admit that Game 6 was harder to get over than Game 7. Maybe it was because we were 28 seconds away from a championship. I am interested to see the changes (if any) the Spurs make during the offseason. My only consolation right now is the chance to make it back to the Finals. We will be older, and teams like OKC will be fully healthy so that may be tall task.

I am so proud of Kawhi Leonard. If everyone else played with his effort, we would have won it last night. He more than redeemed himself for the missed free throw in Game 6. Of course I feel terrible for Duncan for the point-blank miss he had towards the end, but even the all-time greats miss some. He is still the greatest player of his generation, and he played fairly well for a 37-year old man. LeBron stepped up yet again (I never understood the false claims that he chokes) as did the Heat's shooters. Congratulations Miami Heat.
    zaggahamma likes this.

Sfla80 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Well said sir! And congrats on and amazing series played.

I hate to say this, but pretty sure Duncan played all that he could and left everything out there, for his last year. Hate to see him go but I believe that's gonna be the big change for u guys.
    zaggahamma likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by basketballfan22 View Post
    Well it was fun talking to you guys, especially you zagga. I would invite you to my fantasy football league, but I know you don't like it. Perhaps I will drop by from time to time in one of your golf threads; although I would have nothing to offer, lol.

I have to admit that Game 6 was harder to get over than Game 7. Maybe it was because we were 28 seconds away from a championship. I am interested to see the changes (if any) the Spurs make during the offseason. My only consolation right now is the chance to make it back to the Finals. We will be older, and teams like OKC will be fully healthy so that may be tall task.

I am so proud of Kawhi Leonard. If everyone else played with his effort, we would have won it last night. He more than redeemed himself for the missed free throw in Game 6. Of course I feel terrible for Duncan for the point-blank miss he had towards the end, but even the all-time greats miss some. He is still the greatest player of his generation, and he played fairly well for a 37-year old man. LeBron stepped up yet again (I never understood the false claims that he chokes) as did the Heat's shooters. Congratulations Miami Heat.
    thanks bro

you as well

yes the youngster did play pretty hard

i'm a vince lombardi quote believer

havent started or seen a golf thread lately..if u were serious about there being one send me the link i'll check it out...i asked a friend to play today but too busy...would have been good to sweat some more as much as that is hard to believe but its fn hot out there and i walk a lot even when i have the cart...so peaceful stress relieving out there...second only to fishing and f__ing...lmao

i have to admit i'm turned off bball quite a bit as ive seen several season of interuption in competition that i dont enjoy and its actually quite the opposite of stress relief

still gonna try to keep the integrity and sportsmanship to both teams...who knows maybe i'll be right back in a thread next summer

i really did stop watching baseball until the home run drama and now i still only watch playoffs and the big show...but bball is way more exciting

and yes lbj hit those 3's which solidified his claim as a great player..when miller was cold i was liking our chances more and more but the french lieutenants wife and lbj more than filled in for him

i didnt see the congratulatory hug that max was talking about but sounds just like the spurs

thanks bro

you as well

havent started or seen a golf thread lately..if u were serious about there being one send me the link i'll check it out...i asked a friend to play today but too busy...would have been good to sweat some more as much as that is hard to believe but its fn hot out there and i walk a lot even when i have the cart...so peaceful stress relieving out there...second only to fishing and f__ing...lmao

i have to admit i'm turned off bball quite a bit as ive seen several season of interuption in competition that i dont enjoy and its actually quite the opposite of stress relief

still gonna try to keep the integrity and sportsmanship to both teams...who knows maybe i'll be right back in a thread next summer

i really did stop watching baseball until the home run drama and now i still only watch playoffs and the big show...but bball is way more exciting

and yes lbj hit those 3's which solidified his claim as a great player..when miller was cold i was liking our chances more and more but the french lieutenants wife and lbj more than filled in for him

i didnt see the congratulatory hug that max was talking about but sounds just like the spurs

Basketball has never been a stress reliever for me. It only makes me more stressful; yet I love it so much. I need and enjoy the breaks between seasons because my heart can't handle it, lol. I do enjoy fishing, but I seem to not be able to catch anything. I don't like baseball; the only time I MAY watch it is during the World Series. I will be here talking the NFL though; but sadly my Cowboys aren't shit compared to my Spurs, lol. I don't get the reference "french lieutenant's wife" that you keep using, lol. I turned of the TV once the game was over, so I can't comment on the Spurs' reaction to their elimination. They are the classiest organization in all of sports (I don't understand how some people hate this organization), so I am sure they handled it gracefully.

battier....he's french, no?

so i call him that...lol

sorry

dont think anyone got it..was funny to me

lol

off to gym

nice hot day

biking to gym

Well said sir! And congrats on and amazing series played.

I hate to say this, but pretty sure Duncan played all that he could and left everything out there, for his last year. Hate to see him go but I believe that's gonna be the big change for u guys.
    I'm not sure on Duncan. Honestly, I think there was a better chance for retirement if the Spurs won. Manu, on the other hand, may retire. If Timmy does retire, I will bawl like a baby; and I am not ashamed to admit it. I know he had an amazing career and is the greatest power forward ever and perhaps a top 5 player ever, but it will still be hard.

battier....he's french, no?

so i call him that...lol

sorry

dont think anyone got it..was funny to me

lol

off to gym

nice hot day

biking to gym
    Good idea. A bike ride sounds nice. Battier is a French name, but his name should actually be "Battle." A mistake on his father's birth certificate is responsible for the name change; therefore he is not actually French. I thought you were talking about him, but I wasn't sure.

thanks bro

you as well

I Didnt know you were a golfer bro? I love to play even though i suck!! If i can play par to bogie i get pretty exited but keep in mind i usually cant.... lol

Quote Originally Posted by basketballfan22 View Post
    thanks...yes i love biking...mind you im talking 15 min to get there biking...lol...but i could ride for hour or 2 nicely...its so flat in orlando though nothing to look at really...i'm happy when i get to them gym...lol...then on the way back i look forward to my cool shake....damn bugs are a pain too

I Didnt know you were a golfer bro? I love to play even though i suck!! If i can play par to bogie i get pretty exited but keep in mind i usually cant.... lol
    par/bogie is not a sucky golfer by any means and i'm prolly bout the same....i usually will get a birdie or 2 on 18 holes but can easily earn an 8 or 10 on the very next hole...i like to play match play because of it...your in oregon though right

par/bogie is not a sucky golfer by any means and i'm prolly bout the same....i usually will get a birdie or 2 on 18 holes but can easily earn an 8 or 10 on the very next hole...i like to play match play because of it...your in oregon though right
    Yes i am in Oregon and remember i said if i can get par or bogie i get pretty excited... LOL I can get a birdie from time to time. We have a couple of huge courses here some of the holes almost 700 yards to the putting green

so now that golf thread has 2 posts TOTAL

so now that golf thread has 2 posts TOTAL
    Lmao, now 3.

thanks...yes i love biking...mind you im talking 15 min to get there biking...lol...but i could ride for hour or 2 nicely...its so flat in orlando though nothing to look at really...i'm happy when i get to them gym...lol...then on the way back i look forward to my cool shake....damn bugs are a pain too
    You don't even have to warmup when you bike or run to the gym. It's great at getting the blood flow going.

pawn master is offline Junior Member
    Ya bad info from a friend he said it was Friday night. doesn't matter I was right anyhow now he owes me $100 bucks. Not bad. GO HAWKS GO!

Yes i am in Oregon and remember i said if i can get par or bogie i get pretty excited... LOL I can get a birdie from time to time. We have a couple of huge courses here some of the holes almost 700 yards to the putting green
    damn thats a lengthy par 5....even my bohemethness wont reach that one in 2...lol

damn thats a lengthy par 5....even my bohemethness wont reach that one in 2...lol
    Yeah its crazy you have to learn to hit with your woods off the fairway. I bought a 7 wood a few years ago and i never hit the course without that club in my bag. I dont use a golf cart either. I always walk and just use a pull cart. I know i am old but it works. 5 post now in the golf thread

I rarely use the fairway wood...i only have one its a 5 metal...but used to not carry a wood when i had a 2 iron

probably can hit my 3 iron same as the 5 wood or maybe a little longer...are we mixing threads....lol...guess the series is over and bball started this

I rarely use the fairway wood...i only have one its a 5 metal...but used to not carry a wood when i had a 2 iron

probably can hit my 3 iron same as the 5 wood or maybe a little longer...are we mixing threads....lol...guess the series is over and bball started this
    Lmao, this is as much my thread as it is yours zagga. 95% of the posts in this thread are ours, so feel free to discuss anything. Yes, even golf *sigh*.
    zaggahamma likes this.

Fore!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hey bud

i keep hearing off and on even on prev movie threads on this site

the big lebowski

i know j goodman is in it and i think jeff bridges or am i mixing one of em up?

hows the movie iyo?

Stop everything you are doing right now, and watch it. I love The Big Lebowski. It was directed by the Coen brothers. Although it didn't do well when it was released, it has since become a highly praised film. There are a few other actors in the movie such as Steve Buscemi (he is in a lot of films by the Coen brothers), Julianne Moore, Philip Seymour Hoffman, Tara Reid, John Tutero, and even Flea from Red Hot Chili Peppers. Anyway, it is one of those films everyone should watch.

Dudeism is even a religion, lol.
    zaggahamma likes this.

A movie that I recently watched that was pretty good is Side Effects. It was way different than what I expected. I am not sure if I mentioned this before, but I am a big fan of films directed by Wes Anderson. Along with the usual suspects (e.g. Steven Spielberg and Martin Scorsese), my favorite directors are Wes Anderson, Christopher Nolan, the Coen brothers, and Quentin Tarantino (although I am one of the very few people who didn't love Kill Bill).

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread Information