silverfox is offline Retired Moderator

SLEEP??? i want some.

Being my second time doing this i figured it wouldn't be as bad, but in fact i am a wrose nut case than 1st time, wife is about ready to kill me, i walk by every mirror in house and comment on how shitty i look, anyhow adding to my stress i can't sleep. Now yes the clen /t3 and other contest goodies keep you up at night, also from about 3am to 5:30 i seem to piss about every 10min. I usualy sleep from about 11-12 to 3 on good night. I have tried a "puff" on two or 3 but doesn't help much, plus being last 5 weeks, don't think that is a good solution. GHB is not a good idea for me because i tend to "really" like things like that, and would be scared of never coming off the shit. Any suggestions?

primodonna is offline Female Member
    Take more than the recommended daily dose of melatonin or benadryl
    What happens here, stays here

I will try that, have done the herbal crap but will load up.

Dr. Derek is offline Member
    I use over the counter sleeping meds, I can tell you that GHB does work but I had a friend that was slightly addicted and one night he went to bed and he didn't wake up, no shit stay away from it. There is also a supplement I think its call 5 htp, which is a fast acting version of tryptophiane (i dont know if that spelled right) Good luck, I think we all have the same problem.

MIKE_XXL is offline SCAMMER
    I know exactly what you are talking about, first i can't sleep, then i am tiered, then i get bitch because i am tired and hungry, and then i can't sleep becaues i am hungry and bitchy...it just never ends..........but 5 weeks to go, got to tought it out now.

Think only solution ot to quit job and train full time so i can nap in afternoons...LOL

Pete235 is offline Retired Moderator
    Get a carpenter to rig up a little snooze area under your desk ala George Costanza and sleep under your desk at work. However, your students might wonder where in the hell you are

ripped_82 is offline Member
    Bro i would suggest that you stick with the natural stuuf. Some timed released melatonin will do the trick, and if you want add some 5-HTP with it. Thats what i do. Im doin T3 and Clen now and have no teouble sleeping.

Melatonin is a natural hormone that regulates the human biological clock. Double-blind research with young adults has shown that melatonin facilitates sleep.1 Another study of healthy, young adults reported that melatonin significantly shortened the time needed to go to sleep, reduced the number of night awakenings, and improved sleep quality.2 Other researchers reported the time needed to get to sleep was reduced with melatonin.3

Melatonin is also helpful in relieving symptoms of jet lag. One double-blind trial, involving a sample of international flight crew members taking either melatonin or a placebo for three days before and five days after an international flight, found that melatonin significantly reduced symptoms of jet lag and resulted in a quicker recovery of preflight energy levels and alertness.4

Less than 1 mg of melatonin has lowered pressure within the eyes of healthy people,5 but studies have not yet been published on the effects of using melatonin with people who have glaucoma. Melatonin might help some people suffering from depression. A small double-blind study suggested that supplementation with small amounts of melatonin (0.125 mg taken twice per day) may reduce winter depression.6 People with major depressive disorders sometimes have sleep disturbances. Melatonin has been shown to be effective at improving the quality of sleep of people with major depression.7 However, because of the possibility that melatonin could exacerbate depression, it should only be used for this purpose, under a doctor’s supervision.

When some people take melatonin to treat sleep disorders, chronic tension headaches are relieved.8 Melatonin has also relieved cluster headaches in double-blind research.9 Some researchers have suggested that melatonin’s role in regulating core body temperature may be responsible for preventing cluster headaches,10 which have been reported to be triggered by increased body heat.11

Melatonin also regulates immunity. One group of doctors reported two successfully treated cases of sarcoidosis that it attributed to melatonin’s immune-modulating effect.12 Also, because of its effects on the immune system, melatonin has been given to people with cancer in many research trials. Low blood levels of melatonin are associated with an increased risk of uterine cancer.13 Melatonin has significantly reduced the level of prostate specific antigen (PSA, a marker for cancer) in prostate cancer patients.14 Melatonin inhibits breast cancer cells in test tubes15 and has put some women with breast cancer into remission in preliminary research.16 Melatonin supplementation has improved disease-free survival in people with melanoma17 and increased survival in people with brain cancer18 and lung cancer.19 Melatonin exerts anti-inflammatory activity that may be responsible for its anticancer properties.20

In a double-blind trial, people who had difficulty sleeping as a result of tinnitus were better able to sleep if given 3 mg melatonin per night for one month rather than a placebo.21 Although melatonin did not reduce overall symptom scores for tinnitus, people in this trial with higher symptom scores did appear to obtain some benefit.

Melatonin supplementation may be helpful in treating epilepsy; 5–10 mg of melatonin taken at bedtime reduced the frequency of seizures and improved sleep in a group of children with epilepsy in a small, preliminary trial.22 However, in a group of children suffering from neurological disorders, 1–5 mg of melatonin per night led to an increase in the rate of seizures.23 Children with a seizure disorder called “myoclonus” were reported to have been cured by supplementing with 3–5 mg of melatonin per day in a preliminary trial.24 Until more is known, children with neurological conditions should take melatonin only under medical supervision.

Melatonin may be useful in the treatment of fibromyalgia. In a small, uncontrolled preliminary study, 3 mg of melatonin at bedtime was found to reduce tender points associated with this disorder. Pain and fatigue improved only slightly.25

Children with Angelman’s syndrome (a rare, genetic disorder characterized by severe mental retardation, seizures, and sleep disturbances) may benefit from low amounts of melatonin. In an uncontrolled study, children with Angelman’s Syndrome who took 0.3 mg of melatonin one-half to one hour before bedtime had significant improvement in nighttime sleep patterns and a reduction in movement disturbances during sleep.26

Animal studies indicate that melatonin secretion may regulate cardiovascular activity,27 28 blood pressure,29 and blood flow to the brain.30 In healthy young men, oral administration of 1 mg of melatonin significantly reduced blood pressure and levels of stress hormones within 90 minutes.31 To date, no clinical trials in humans have tested the efficacy of melatonin for hypertension.

Normally, the body secretes melatonin for several hours per night—an effect best duplicated with time-release supplements. Studies using timed-release melatonin for insomnia have reported good results.39 Many doctors suggest 1–3 mg of melatonin taken one to two hours before bedtime. Studies with people suffering from sarcoidosis or cancer have used very high amounts of melatonin—typically 20 mg per night. Such levels should never be taken without the supervision of a doctor. Melatonin should not be taken during the day.

good info ripped_82 i knew it helped you sleep now i know why.. thanks.

No problem bro. You need your sleep. Good luck

ya i am sure my cholesterol levels are thought the roof which will not help the diet for sure.

primodonna is offline Female Member
    Just a word of caution about melatonin...at least for me anyway, it is much more difficult getting up in the a.m. after taking some the night before and takes a lot longer to feel functional ...even with ECA
    What happens here, stays here

I think Kava works wounders, however, recent studies have shown that use of Kava on a regular basis has negative effects on your liver. I know it was recently pulled of the shelves in Germany or England i believe.

The kava-lactones, sometimes referred to as kava-pyrones, are the most important active constituents in kava extracts. High-quality kava rhizome contains 5.5–8.3% kava-lactones.1 Medicinal extracts used in Europe contain 30–70% kava-lactones. Kava-lactones are thought to have anti-anxiety, mild analgesic (pain-relieving), muscle-relaxing, and anticonvulsant effects.2 3 Some researchers speculate that kava may directly influence the limbic system, the ancient part of the brain associated with emotions and other brain activities.4 Kava is a unique anti-anxiety alternative because it does not seem to impair reaction time or alertness when used in the amounts recommended below.5

Kava has been extensively studied as a treatment for anxiety.6 The amount often used in clinical trials is 100 mg of an extract (standardized to 70% kava-lactones) three times per day. Double-blind trials, including one that lasted six months, have shown that kava effectively reduces symptoms of anxiety in people with mild to moderate anxiety.7 8 One trial found that kava also reduced symptoms of anxiety in menopausal women.9 One trial found kava to be just as effective as benzodiazepines (a common class of drugs prescribed for anxiety) in treating mild anxiety over the course of six weeks.10

(may or may not be supported by scientific studies): A nonalcoholic drink made from the root of kava played an important role in social ceremonies in some Pacific islands, including welcoming visiting royalty and at meetings of village elders. Kava was valued both for its mellowing effects and to encourage socializing. It was also noted for initiating a state of contentment, a greater sense of well-being, and enhanced mental acuity, memory, and sensory perception. Kava has also been used traditionally by healers in the Pacific islands to treat pain.

cobra kid is offline Junior Member

Trazadone

My doc prescribed this to me because I have an incredibly fucked up sleep pattern. It's unbelievable, 1, and i'm asleep in a half hour. I took 2 once and literally couldn't even stand.

defdaz is offline Associate Member
    Dude,

try GABA. I use it and it knocks a good couple hours off how much sleep I need and I feel very refreshed the next day. Love the stuff, me!!!

Thread Information