Thread: Comp. Body Fat?

Steakeater is offline New Member

Comp. Body Fat?

I am thinking about doing some kind of local BB show in the future, and was wondering, what is the average Body Fat is for a competator? I am currently dropping 1-1.5% a week. When I started dieting around 8 weks ago, I was 20%. Now I am around 11.5%. My stats are:

6'1"
    29 Y.O.
    236 lbs
    W/ 11.5% body fat

Thanks,
    STEAK

saboudian is offline Senior Member
    Average is 3-5 %BF.

I wouldn't lose more than 1% BF per week. Usually more than that and its a lil too drastic and there's risk of losing muscle. This usually isn't a probelm unless you start making drastic cuts in reducing cals or something along those lines.

If you're even thinking about competing, I would go for it.

quebecbulk is offline Associate Member
    lots of factors can be taken into consideration: metabolism, diet, gear etc...but all in all like saboudian said 1%/pw is prolly the most you wanna lose. As a matter of fact this is pretty much what im losing this time around(14%--->9% in 5 wks).

good luck

Danielle is offline Female Member
    Quote Originally Posted by saboudian
    Average is 3-5 %BF.

thats exactly what i was going to say...........when my friend won 1st in his ameteur comp...............he was @ 2.5% the day of, with the water test and all..............but you can only stay at that low bf for barely even a day........and truthfully, he looked horrible..............his face looked so sucked in and his clothes looked so loose on him..........but dont get me wrong, his body looked amazing..........hence, the 1st place finish............
    Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, THAT IS STRENGTH

DEVLDOG is offline Retired VET
    i think your gonna find it a little harder once you get down to single digits.it's not gonna come off as easy as when you first started.

Thread Information