kdtl61 is offline Junior Member

cutting water and scale weight change

OK here is a typical week for me before a show. Please give me your thoughts.

Sunday am. I'll weight my self 173#.
    My diet at this point has not changed for several weeks about 2700 calories.
    Come wed of show week I carb load. Up to 400 grams in one day. Normal daily intake is 200 grams. Thurs and Fri. I go back to normal diet.
    Water intake has been 1 1/2 gallon a day for complete diet. Can't seem to get that 2 gallon per day quota.
    Thursday water will be 1 gallon, friday 1/2 gallon.
    Sat. show day sip water.
    I start taking dandielion rood 1500 mg every 6 hours on thursday am. till Friday night. Along with b-6 250 mg every 12 hours.
    Here is what is so funny.
    I'll get up Saturday morning and weight myself maybe if i'm lucky i'll be 172# most times I see no scale weight change during this 7 day window. I always look crisp sat. for my shows I do well at the shows. I just can't understand with the carb up day, the water depletion and dandilion root I'm still at the same weight.
    I hear all these stories about this guy lost 7 pounds this week etc.
    Another guy lost 11 pounds since wed. You all have heard the same stuff.

The main reason I'm posting this is this year I'm going to have to work hard to make the 176 middle weight class. So I have been thinking about trying aldactone for the first time. Will it pull more water out of my system? If you can advise me on aldactone that would be helpful.
    Any advise would be great.
    Thanks,
    kdtl61

silverfox is offline Retired Moderator
    Well yes aldactone will work better than herbs, take about 50mg per day divided doses about 1 week out depending on condition. I found when i carb deplete and cut water, but carb up at same time my weight comes out about the same.. so go figure.

MIKE_XXL is offline SCAMMER
    I usually gain about 12 pounds throught the carb up and loose about 10 pounds of water after the diutetics kick in, i have done it 3 times, each time a little bit different and almost always get the same outcome. So i guess that's my body. i tries Taraxatone and lasix both times lost the same amout of water, i used Lasix only on friday started at noon and i used Taraxatone for 3 days stared on Wednesday Noon.

Kid Shred is offline Member
    I've never messed with the Lasix or the Aldactone, just used Taraxatone and got medium resluts on ridding the water. Are there any specific formulas or guidelines, for starting the Lasix/Aldactone on the Thurs night (2 days out) from the showto see how it goes?
    Last edited by Kid Shred; 03-29-2002 at 12:15 AM.

Sounds like my best next course of action should be to try the Taraxatone. Before I go the aldactone route. The biggest reason why i'm looking so closly at the next level of diuretic is trying to stay in a weight class. After the fall season of 2002. I'm planning on taking a full 16 plus months off competing so I can jump up in the light heavies.
    I have always been know for being very big and full as a middle weight. I have not gone flat for a show yet. Mostly because I have never used lasix to really pull water out.

Anyother ideas you might suggest?
    Thanks,
    kdtl61

Dr. Derek is offline Member
    I think you have to experiment and find out which diuretic works best on your system, I use aldactone and dyazide, mike uses traxatone and lasix, if I was to use that combo I would come in slipping through the cracks in the stage. good luck. My weight does not change that much from the start to the end, I do not monitor it in the inbetween for phsychological reasons.

Update,
    I'm less then 3 weeks out from the Pittsburgh and am weighing
    177. My carbs are still low. I'm trying to get down to 174 so I can carb up mid week before the show. Any other thoughts on getting ride of water?

Kid Shred is offline Member
    Bump, I need to know as well.

primodonna is offline Female Member
    kdt...when's the last time you had a really high carb day?
    What happens here, stays here

Hello Primo,
    I'm currently eating 130 grams of carbs a day. Give or take a few animal crackers. The Pittsburgh show is May 4th. Today i'm 176.
    I'm very crisp in the morning. Everything is coming together nicely. I have been on a fat burning cardio blitz for the last 4 weeks and I'm beat. My diet plan is to start bringing the carbs up this weekend only by 25 or 30 more per day. So, Monday of the show I'll be at 190 approx. Then Wed. I will spike to 300 max carbs. Then Thurs and fri. back to 200 or less.
    Monday morning I'll get on my scale at 6:00 am and check my weight. I'm projecting 174 1/2 OK I'm hoping. All of my shows in the past my Monday scale weight has equaled my show weigh in weight. Kinda freaky with the carb up and water deplete. Never vary more then 1/2 pound.
    My water schedule will be Mon, Tues, Wed. 2 full gallons I normally only get 1 1/2 gal. Thurs- 1 gallon friday 1/2 gal by 5:00 pm. sat am meals 3 oz max till I weigh in.
    I dry out with dandelion, B-6 and potassium. maybe some caffine pills. Do you have any last minute show tips for me?

Thanks,
    kdtl61

Thread Information