Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: CARB UP, FAT LOAD, WATER all explained and planned out for you

MIKE_XXL is offline SCAMMER
    IF anything red wine right before the stage time. Night before no need, it has a bit of sugar and alcohol which is a mild diuretic, no great benifit of injesting it night before. I would leave it all out at most have 1/2 glass before stage times...XXL

Canuck#1 is offline New Member
    Just checkin in...show is tomorrow. Started carb up late Tuesday after workout (weighing 183 and 4.9% b/f) did about 400 gr Wed, 325 yesterday and aiming for about 200-250 today. Have slowly filled out, chest especially looks better. Cuttin water at 5pm, gonna do steak/fries for last meal then a full shitload around 7am as pre judging is 11am.
    Last edited by Canuck#1; 06-11-2010 at 01:26 PM.

Awsome Bro, go get them...let me know how you make out...good luck...XXL

Bella~Sugar is offline New Member
    I have read alot of these post and i enjoy your input so much, just thought i would say that

Bella~Sugar is offline New Member

Talking Narkissos

Quote Originally Posted by *Narkissos*;1***148
    nice Mike.

Diesel...i'd drop the morning oatmeal...in favour of a pro-fat meal.
    I am new here and i do just want to give a shout out to a few of the members that always seem so willing to help out other members.. its great to read the awesome advice that you give
    ~~Bella~Sugar~~

Quote Originally Posted by Bella~Sugar View Post
    I have read alot of these post and i enjoy your input so much, just thought i would say that
    Thank you for your kind words.
    XXL

greekfreak is offline New Member
    Hi Mike!!! long time no hear!! did u get the pics i sent u last yr?? i hope u can use them for your work..well the bug bit again and its prep time again for 3 comps again.. im 6weeks out from comp 1 ,a national event then off to Rome for World Champs a week later and 4 weeks later defend my title in Greece at the Pan Hellenic nationals.. can u help me again please and implement any new changes etc to yr plan i used last yr?? by the way when are yr comps bro?

No i never got the pics i did yuse the text you used and comments you made for advertising...my show is in 9 weeks first one in years so it will be interesting...i am sure we can work something uot Bro...glad to see you are competing again...XXL

hi Mike, sorry u didnt get the pics.. i will try email them to u again...im 4 weeks out and feel alittle behind as i cant do any extra cardio in the mornings so im doing abt an 1hr after wieghts... but hey balancing a new job with competing is quite a challenge!!! anyway u mentioned in an answer to someone recently u dont load after the depletion training in the last week building up to d-day.. so the rice cakes following the workout is out? the dry oats and chicken/steak/peanut butter still increased and decreased before the shitload on the morning?? glad to hear u back in the posing trunks... hope u run a journal again.. wishing u the very best...

Well it's a complicaated answer, for someone in your condition i would still carb up, but most including me do not shred to that level, so general advice is just shtload meal on saturday morning with no carb deplete the week before, this work great for most all...for you the advice would be a bit different as you get extremely lean and you have more room to play be cause of that...i know all about work BRo, i got career, personal business with is keeping me busy with clients and further growth and development, 3 girls under 6 years old, and wife...on top of that i am trying to help out a bit on forums...iti is crazy...ohh and now dieting for show...i will PM you different e-mail address...XXL

buy a tv... it helps control large families!!! haha!! i know u got yr hands full and i appreciate how important TIME is... believe me.. i got to my workshop i leave 4 @ 6.30 am and knock off around 7 in the evening and wolf down 2 meals of the day behind the wheel of my truck to/fro work (1hr drive) and straight into the gym arnd 8.30 pm till 10pm doing 1 bodypart and my cardio... anyway enough of my bitching... u still didnt answer my question .. i dont do the section with the rice cakes and the sequencing gradual drop in carbs daily.. i.e 350/250/180 the last 3 days?? just run in at 50-100g daily till fri nite drop the water 18hours out and load @ 6am with shitload and continue with oats/steak/chicken thru comp day??

WastedTalent09 is offline Female Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MIKE_XXL;1***011
    Yes it is a veriation of shitloading, with a traditionl style carb up in the begining of the week...i believe that fat loading with junk food on Saturday before the show is extremely effective and will almost always bring a person in looking tight, hard and dry...it is a better way of doing things the the traditional carb up, i feel 90% of people will react well to this "sh1tloading" approch...XXL
    I agree, how many times have you heard someone say "I came in so much harder the next day" (after a competition). usually because after a comp they go out, live it up, and well... eat sh!t.

Quote Originally Posted by WastedTalent09 View Post
    I agree, how many times have you heard someone say "I came in so much harder the next day" (after a competition). usually because after a comp they go out, live it up, and well... eat sh!t.
    Exactly!

Hi Mike... just woke up today ( Sunday ) for a huge victory breakfast of oatmeal pancakes and black coffee as last nite i managed to win the Mr Cyprus Masters!!! i followed the same protocol as u've laid out and once again i came in full hard vascular and ripped... nearly blew it tho at prejudging due to a bad paintjob, thanx to trusting someone else on a dodgy new paint.... i made the others look beta than they should have...the great thing using yr method is u dont ever feel weak , or drained,dehydrated and on stage handle alot of comparisons...PLEASE get back to me on how to prepare for world Champs this coming weekend in Rome... THANK U once again my friend.... ...

Congrats Bro, just follow the saem protocal you have it's working so if it ain't broken don't fix it :-) I think you got it down pat now...unfortunatly my time is very limited right now with life and business and work...once again CONGRATS!

thanx for reply mike with all yr busy stuff.... hows yr prep going? i clocked in 200grams over wght limit and had to go into a open wght class so was outsized by shorter bigger guys... i managed to place 5th out of 11 athletes.... Mike please can i ask u a coupla questions... Can i run anadrol 50 to fill up in the last week b4 a comp running 2mg arimedex and 2mg dostinex to control any water retention? have u ever used anadrol 4 comps? i get real amazing pumps when ive used it off season cycles... reason im asking is ive got the next comp in 3wks and its a Masters open class so will be standing next to giants again... Thanx...

My life got even more complicated in the past few weeks and the show had to be put on back burner,,,still dieting vbut not sure uf the amount of stress i am under will allow meto compete. Anyway that sucks about 200gm (1/2lbs) however 4th out of 11 in higher weight class is an outstanding result, great work...I have used Anadrol in the past to fill ouy so i wouold say go ahead use it for a week. i would deff use Armidex and bromo (for pregesterone related water retantion) i am unsure what dostinex is...so i think you are good to go...hey we have had great success getting you ready for show, i would appreciate if you referance my work and send clients my way as i do have few opening at the moment...thanks and good luck...XXL

Red face

Sorry to hear that u got probs, if u feel u can still go on, do so... i hope u manage to compete... thanx for replies bro... i will run 50mg anadrol ED with 2mg arimedex and 2mg bromo (dostinex is european name...) i believe in yr advice so will try this out!!! my comp is on 28th nov so will keep u informed:

Sorry Mike.. when u say run anadrol for a week, i assume u mean the last week leading up to comp day? Please if u get bk 2 me soon id appreciate it as comp is this coming weekend 28th nov... Thanx..

YEs the last week before the show, sorry!
    XXL

WOW almost 20,000 views on this thread i am honored by all that have read this thread...perhaps i should put together another more upto date thgread for peaking. I have changed my way a bit, the basic strategy is still the same but there are small changes, or better yet do a show and let that be motivation to write new stuff...hmmm???

Well Mike im home again from mainland Greece where i competed in THE WABBA Mr ODyessias Championships... i placed 4TH in the open class Masters.. I came in at a full good condition, considering most other athletes peaked the scales +90kg and me @ 80kg!!! Thats the end of my 2010 season and again i followed yr protocol as usual with a few little twists i will share with u (privately ). THANX again my friend...NOW wheres the pizza!!!!

Good to hear you had a great outcome at the show...people like you are the easiest people to advice, anyone that is willing to follow is a perfect trainee...once again glad you did well, shoot me a note on your fine tunning interested what you did...and you are welcome.

bigdaddyets is offline Junior Member
    Blog Entries
    Very cool! Thanks for taking time to explain.

I_Want_Abs is offline Senior Member
    Hey Mike thanks for posting all this info for us mate! I've read every page and you've helped a lot of people out. Thanks for your generosity!

I am competing in my first comp in 2 weeks from this Sunday. I have been doing my own comp prep and following a Skiploading approach with my own spin on it, don't know if you're familiar with Skiploading or not. I have acheived great results and leaness the only thing I am worried about is dropping my water and nailing my condition for the show, as I have never done this before and it's an unknown area for me.

What are your thoughts on not using a diaretic to help shift water? I have done this all natural and do not feel comfortable introducing something to my body that I am not sure how I may react. Do you think it would be fine to load my water the final week or two and then just cut it 18 hours out? Would this still ellicit a desirable result?

Thanks for any input mate. It's appreciated!
    Last edited by I_Want_Abs; 04-27-2011 at 03:02 AM.

Yes it would still work however the timing is even more crucial, have you thought about over the counter diuretics?
    Yes i am familiar with skips methods of loading.

Quote Originally Posted by MIKE_XXL View Post
    Yes it would still work however the timing is even more crucial, have you thought about over the counter diuretics?
    Yes i am familiar with skips methods of loading.
    Thanks for the reply Mike!

When you say the timing is more crucial do you mean the timing of stopping water or timing with loads?

I have done a trial run of Scivation Showtime for 3 days which i feel did nothing at all. I have thought about trying some dandilion root also but havn't done a trial run with it. I have read that it's effects will be minimal but can help. What are your recomendations for over the counter diuretics that are not too harsh?

Cheers mate!

i do not have much expiriance with over the counter diuretic, i have used taraxatone in the past with good results...when you did trial run did you stop drinking water, or just take pills...???...do not do trial runs with water and diuretics to close to the show, and too close i mean 4 weeks out, it can mess you up for the time it actually counts, the show. that being said you are less then two weeks out, do not mess with your water anymore, it takes a long time for electrolites to get back to balance...and what i mean about timing is everything, the water cutting the load etc.
    good luck...XXL

i do not have much expiriance with over the counter diuretic, i have used taraxatone in the past with good results...when you did trial run did you stop drinking water, or just take pills...???...do not do trial runs with water and diuretics to close to the show, and too close i mean 4 weeks out, it can mess you up for the time it actually counts, the show. that being said you are less then two weeks out, do not mess with your water anymore, it takes a long time for electrolites to get back to balance...and what i mean about timing is everything, the water cutting the load etc.
    good luck...XXL
    I did my trial run of Scivation Showtime about 4 weeks out. I stopped drinking water only 3 hours before bed and didn't drink for the first 3 hours of the day just to watch how my body responded (I din't want to play around with my water TOO much while dieting due to dehydration with training and electrolyte levels as you said). I don't think I responded any different to any normal day which is whay I got worried about how my body would respond to stopping water earlier and what would happen with a load the night before!

With my skiploads I know on the 5th morning without stopping my water and without loading the night before I wake up lean and vascular but flat as hell and still holding some fluid. Also after my loads at the moment I am pretty much on VERY low carbs. I only have carbs pwo in the form of 100g oats. The rest of the day is chicken, broccoli and fish oil and every second night I have a steak.

I think I will follow your advice with cutting water, the shitload the night before and the morning of but I may also add in some good carbs through the week to help fill me out that little bit more due to the fact I know I will be flat 5 days after my skipload.

Thanks for your help Mike.

You are welcome and let me know how you ake out.
    XXL

You are welcome and let me know how you ake out.
    XXL
    Hey Mike I didn't place but came in in excelent condition! Have my second comp in 2 days time and already am looking a million bucks.. I'm planning to run the next couple of days as well as my load on morning of comp a little different but am second guessing something at the moment due to seeing some weight and condition fluctuations last night and now after looking back at my diary there is a little pattern I have noticed...

Either way I am still looking the goods and I'm bringing home a trophy from this one!

You have a PM mate.

Well hope you do well Bro!

Tha's why people hire people to take all second guessing out of the equation...i know a lot of people that are trainer, like me, and we all hire people for our competitions, it is very difficult to stay subjective and listen to yourself and make small adjustments without faking it all up...either way good luck...XXL

Hey Mike, sorry for the very late update...

Just wanted to let you know I did it mate! I placed in my second comp the week after! I competed in the novice men tall class and came 3rd from 17 competiors. I also competed in the mens open under 80kg's and came 4th from 12 competitors! I am so pleased with my results, the whole day was amazing. I looked so much fuller and had a better stage presence this time around. I learnt so much just from the show the week before and now I am hungry to do it all over again... Although, I am planning to take the next 2 years off from competing to grow into the under 90kg's class and enjoy my training, work and personal things some more.

I have loved doing it by myself and I enjoy the research and trial & error I do with my body. Training and nutrition is pretty much my life away from work, I devote the majority of my personal time to reading, educating myself and trialing ideas. Doing these comps has just opened up a new area of pushing myself that I have fallen in love with! Looking forward to coming back bigger and better next time

Good JOb BRo...congrats!

no1bigger is offline New Member

Arginine or pre-workout?

Bro read this thread a while back and decided to go with it for my show this weekend. Just started my carb load around 5:30 today being Tues. and I am following this using oatmeal, chicken and PB. I was wondering if you think I should use a pre-workout supplement with Arginine or I have pure AAKG 2:1 arginine powder I could use prior to going on stage? would this help my fullness or is my carb and shitload good enough. Thanks for any help you can give as I don't want to over do it. I competed 10 yrs. ago and won the middleweight back then but I know I have to be in top condition for this one as it is the WBFF federation's World's and not one of these dinky little shows so I want another crack at a first place which I am hoping you take me to with these guidlines and amazing thread.
    Cheers bro for the great read and all the time you have put into it.
    Last edited by no1bigger; 08-23-2011 at 08:57 PM.

^^^you are welcome and i hope you did well...i would leave the pre-workout drink out, just FYI...XXL

no1bigger is offline New Member
    Ya Bro I placed second at the WBFF Worlds in the middleweight division, but had a shot at first for sure but had to go off track a little a I struggled to make weight on Friday and didn't come in my best at pre judging. Wasn't expecting to hold so much water and feel so bloated from the carb and water load and had to fight to lose it for the scale. Have to be happy with my placing though knowing I wasn't at my best. Officially retired and fat now and eating like an animal. lol

Hi Mike... im back!!! yep its that time of the year again.haha!! i had a great off season and trained old school as usual and it paid off and now 1 week out im 4kg heavier than last year, dryer and on top of my game. My comp is next sunday and its the World Championships. im in the open weight Masters catergory. Any changes to yr amazing protocol that has worked for me time and time again with great success since 2009 . i wont try the anapolen trick like last yr and actually due to economics will stop all injectables as from mon b4 comp.. just running halotesten and arimedex till comp day. i go on stage at prejudging around 11.45am and 7pm finals. ANY CHANGES U RECKON I should impliment you know i will. just tell me thanx.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	masters champ 2010.jpg 
Views:	491 
Size:	24.9 KB 
ID:	117399

Good to hear Bro...congrats!

GreekFreak, no you all good to go Bro...the only changes i make are based on individuals as i do the client / trainer stuff, the main protocol stays the same...the finetunning is where the money costs...LOL...i hope it works again for you as i am sure it will, you are a smart guy and follow direction well, you should have no issues...good luck...XXL

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information