silverfox is offline Retired Moderator

Judging, points system

for most contests am i correct is saying the person with lowest points wins class, lowest second and so on? Or is there other things considered? Might sound dumb questions, but got results from my show, and my point total was 2x lower than guy they gave 3rd, in fact only 1 point off 2nd place, but i was put 4th? Not sure guess i maybe don't understand how it judged or what the points mean.

primodonna is offline Female Member
    Interesting...this is just NPC, i don't know about your organization, but if there are 5 people in the class...each judge places the competitor based on how they look compared to the other competitors...(1st being best and 5th being worst) so if you get 3 1st places and 4 3rd's you are beat by someone who got 7 2nd place votes (they drop the highest and lowest scores)

If this is the way yours does it, by the points you should have gotten 3rd
    What happens here, stays here

Dr. Derek is offline Member
    I have judged shows before and you are correct. You judge by placings I.E if there is a panel of 7 judges and the lowest possible score you could get is 5, because usually, and I say Usually, they throw out the highest and lowest. You are basically only judged during prejudging, but this year is different and you have to fill out a score sheet at night too. The reason you probably got fourth instead of third and because they threw out the highest and lowest score. I'm not sure which federation you competed in, they all do things alittle different, especially when they are small shows, they pretty much do what they want. Sounds confusing, it is I could explain it better if I wasn't so depleted

silverfox is offline Retired Moderator
    ya.. i thought so, but mine was only class that was off, for example read:

1st had 13, 2 had 17, 3rd had 31 then me at 18pts. I looked better at night show but pretty sure they didn't score it. I beleive they follow the IFFB guidlines... but not 100, will be chating with one of judges tonight so will get it explained.

Primo is right way cant i explain it that easy

Best answers come from the source itself. Peace Bro

Thread Information