Page 1 of 10 123456 ... LastLast
    MrMent1on is offline National Level Bodybuilder

Mr. Ment1on 12 Weeks Out LOG.

12 WEEKS OUT 223lbs
    OK Bros. I decided to do a 12 weeks out Log starting today. Competition is July 15th. I'll do this with new pictures every monday. I'm trying to loose weight as slow as possible to keep as much muscles as possible. I'm going to need your HELP!! Especially Doc & Mike but from everyone as well. Feel free to critique.
    Here is my Stats as of this morning
    Height 5'9"
    Weight 223lbs dry
    Arms 20"
    waist 33"
    legs 28"
    Chest 53"
    and what looks like 10% BF. I tried to get a hydrostatic wei***n (underwater wei***ng = accurate, true BF%) but none of these freaking colleges got back to me.
    Here is my problem and this is where I need help. I tend to loose too much muscle mass when I diet down. if I'm 10% BF @ 223lbs then I need to loose 7%BF which equals to about 15.61 lbs, lets say 16lbs of BF then i'd say drop another 10 lbs of water equalling - 26lbs leaving me at 197lbs. thats my goal.. does this sound logical ?? Tell me what do you guys think
    Last edited by MrMent1on; 02-29-2008 at 08:02 AM.

C_Bino is offline $BAM-7246~AR-Hall of Famer
    Good stuff bro, Ill definitely check in on your progress throughout. Hydrostatic weigh-ins are hard to get sometimes. I knoe my university was too cheap to let me do it.
    Your goal sounds good (weight wise). As far as losing the muscle mass I have found (while cutting this past time) that if I keep my carbs up its not too bad, obviously limit them before bed etc, and it may mean a bit more cardio and lotsa glutamine but honestly when I kept the carbs higher (only oatmeal and yams) I definitely stayed stronger and retained the mucle.

Best of luck man.

mwolffey is offline Anabolic Member
    look great bro, great v shape...legs could use some overall size, but ive seen pics of you cut and you have insane definition, so i would not worry...overall great..back pics please. Ill be reading this thread alot....

IBdmfkr is offline AR VET
    Looking great Ment1on.. Mind posting a typical days diet while "offseason" and how you'd change it going into your 12wk out? Curious to know your calorie intake/day etc.. GOODLUCK on the show!
    -B D
    DO NOT ASK FOR A SOURCE, NONE SHALL BE GIVEN.
    -NO SOURCE CHECKS!-

[email protected]
    If asking cycle advice Post up Stats/previous cycle experience/goals!

If asking diet advice Post Stats/current diet/goals!

“Your desire to change must be greater than your desire to stay the same.”

I B D
    AR VET

*Narkissos* is offline Anabolic Member
    Looking Crazy big A

Your goal sounds logical too by the way

Quote Originally Posted by C_Bino
    Good stuff bro, Ill definitely check in on your progress throughout. Hydrostatic weigh-ins are hard to get sometimes. I knoe my university was too cheap to let me do it.
    Your goal sounds good (weight wise). As far as losing the muscle mass I have found (while cutting this past time) that if I keep my carbs up its not too bad, obviously limit them before bed etc, and it may mean a bit more cardio and lotsa glutamine but honestly when I kept the carbs higher (only oatmeal and yams) I definitely stayed stronger and retained the mucle.

Best of luck man.
    Yes I did that the last time and retained my strength almost to the end. so this time I'll try it with even more carbs and see what happens.

Quote Originally Posted by mwolffey
    look great bro, great v shape...legs could use some overall size, but ive seen pics of you cut and you have insane definition, so i would not worry...overall great..back pics please. Ill be reading this thread alot....
    I would like some more overall size, but that all comes with time. Let me see if I could edit in a back picture. There you go back picture just edit in, but that back double bicep does no justice for me, I didnt lean back.
    Last edited by MrMent1on; 04-25-2006 at 06:48 AM.

marcus300 is offline ~Retired~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~
    Looking good and on target, am sure you will be at your goal on time, you said you are lossing to much muscle size while dieting, how are you dieting reducing carbs? at what rate? have you tried cycling carbs?

Quote Originally Posted by IBdmfkr
    Looking great Ment1on.. Mind posting a typical days diet while "offseason" and how you'd change it going into your 12wk out? Curious to know your calorie intake/day etc.. GOODLUCK on the show!
    To be honest I could be a whole lot bigger. my problem is eating. i eat whatever with just watching my protein intake and I dont eat enough. My first 4 weeks are I just drop junk food and sugar, then the next 4 weeks is to go from white rice and potatos to brown and sweet potatos, keep in mind I do not want to lose no more than 1 to 2lbs a week. hopefully with a cleaner diet I wouldnt mind if i could add a few pounds, being that i'm still eating white rice and potatos. I'll be doing as Bino says more carbs and more cardio. I usually dont do cardio until 3 weeks out.

Quote Originally Posted by Narkissos
    Looking Crazy big A

Your goal sounds logical too by the way
    Thanks bro, I like that 2012 photo you'll probably be bigger than that Iin 6 years with your knowledge.

Quote Originally Posted by marcus300
    Looking good and on target, am sure you will be at your goal on time, you said you are lossing to much muscle size while dieting, how are you dieting reducing carbs? at what rate? have you tried cycling carbs?
    I've never tried cycling carbs. I never took it that serious. My first show I basically depleted myself too much of carbs, my last show which was my 4th show I kept my carbs at about 150gm then 50gm 3 weeks out which was too soon.. kept most of my strength almost to the end. so this time I'll try even more carbs, I'll just do as Bino suggested more carbs and more cardio. If there's anyone here who as kept most of their muscle mass while dieting for a show can map out a carb intake for me to go by i'll gladly follow.

Quote Originally Posted by MrMent1on
    To be honest I could be a whole lot bigger. my problem is eating. i eat whatever with just watching my protein intake and I dont eat enough. My first 4 weeks are I just drop junk food and sugar, then the next 4 weeks is to go from white rice and potatos to brown and sweet potatos, keep in mind I do not want to lose no more than 1 to 2lbs a week. hopefully with a cleaner diet I wouldnt mind if i could add a few pounds, being that i'm still eating white rice and potatos. I'll be doing as Bino says more carbs and more cardio. I usually dont do cardio until 3 weeks out.
    Sick genetics bro...
    -B D
    -NO SOURCE CHECKS!-

[email protected]

I B D
    AR VET

Sick genetics bro...
    Ultimately I'd love to get to where Dave Palumbo and Dexter Jackson is where they dont have to do cardio or very little if any.

doittoit is offline Associate Member
    Hey man u look swole! much improved from your last comp pick(and i thought that one was good!) lol.....i think u are maybe even abit under 10%, definatley not over, it seems u are just holding water maybe from the hgh/aas?

doittoit is offline Associate Member
    oh ya, what is your offseason diet like macro wise approx?.....u said u eat whatever, as long as protein is ample, thats very similar to me, i dont for that clean bulk stuff!

Quote Originally Posted by doittoit
    oh ya, what is your offseason diet like macro wise approx?.....u said u eat whatever, as long as protein is ample, thats very similar to me, i dont for that clean bulk stuff!
    You are correct I hold a lot of water because I intake a lot of water. Here's a overview of off season and this is not everyday but to the most extreme
    meal 1: 2 packs instant oatmeal w/2 scoop protein
    meal 2: shake
    meal 3: solid meal (brown stew chicked with rice and peas)
    meal 4: solid meal (anything, like cheese stake sandwish w/ice cream) lol
    ultra fuel Pre WO
    Gym
    ultra fuel Post WO
    meal 5:shake
    Meal 6: sloid meal (typically half chicken with shripm fried rice chinese food) lol
    I try to get in over 350 to 400 gm protein. carbs I know is sky high. 200gm of carbs just from those 2 ultra fuel.
    The average guy do not follow this it will get you fat, make sure you have a pretty fast metabolism to eat like this.

bigsd67 is offline Anabolic Member
    dude you suck...i wish i could eat that way and stay under 10%...i forgot what ice cream tastes like.

getnlarge18 is offline Female Member

WTF? I wish *I* could diet like that and come in looking as good as you do! You've definitely got your genes working for you! As far as the cycling carbs, most people I've spoken to have said that they notice more loss of lean mass when they do that. Quicker fat loss, but at the expense of some muscle...

Quote Originally Posted by getnlarge18
    WTF? I wish *I* could diet like that and come in looking as good as you do! You've definitely got your genes working for you! As far as the cycling carbs, most people I've spoken to have said that they notice more loss of lean mass when they do that. Quicker fat loss, but at the expense of some muscle...
    Hey Hun heard you kicked ass in your last figure competition. ATTENTION everyone, This girl beat out 293 competitors last week, and picked up not one but two small sponsorships. We are talking in a few years Miss Olypima Figure here, I applaud you and dont blush you deserve for me to blow you up like this, so i believe everyone here would like to see your pictures so go ahead and block out your face and post your pictures right here in this forum. just dont get mad at me for blowing you up like this, I did it out of love LOL.

train410 is offline Junior Member
    this is going to be good bro good luck to you sounds like you have it all mapped out

Hey Hun heard you kicked ass in your last figure competition. ATTENTION everyone, This girl beat out 293 competitors last week, and picked up not one but two small sponsorships. We are talking in a few years Miss Olypima Figure here, I applaud you and dont blush you deserve for me to blow you up like this, so i believe everyone here would like to see your pictures so go ahead and block out your face and post your pictures right here in this forum. just dont get mad at me for blowing you up like this, I did it out of love LOL.
    LMAO @ 293 competitors. Uh...not even close! BUT...I did come in my best shape so far and placed 7th in my class. Not bad for my 2nd show. I'll post some pics soon...

Quote Originally Posted by getnlarge18
    LMAO @ 293 competitors. Uh...not even close! BUT...I did come in my best shape so far and placed 7th in my class. Not bad for my 2nd show. I'll post some pics soon...
    Ops. I got that wrong, I did get that email on my phone, then lost it. Ok so there were a shit load of come figure competitors 113 to be exact and you came 7th in your class. you still kicked ass. and will continue kicking ass because you will only get better and better over time. I'll be there.

You know it! I actually had both a judge and a prominent photographer tell me that I've got Pro-potential....very encouraging!

*cough*...sorry for hijacking this.. Back to your journal!

MIKE_XXL is offline SCAMMER
    I think you are starting on a good note...you already look great for 12 weeks out...i will review this thread by the weekend and put in my 0.02cents...in any case good luck Bro...not like you willneed it...XXL

Quote Originally Posted by MIKE_XXL
    I think you are starting on a good note...you already look great for 12 weeks out...i will review this thread by the weekend and put in my 0.02cents...in any case good luck Bro...not like you willneed it...XXL
    Thanks Mike, you know i'll be looking for your input.

FranKieC is offline "AR's Pretty Boy"
    Good luck bro

Nice avatar Frankie!

Ment1on, yea it's nice having a fast metabolism but even so you have some great genetics to be able to eat like that an keep a physique like that. I have to eat high calorie/clean foods to obtain the most growth.. Lookin good.
    -B D
    -NO SOURCE CHECKS!-

[email protected]

I B D
    AR VET

you look great bro

Nice avatar Frankie!

Ment1on, yea it's nice having a fast metabolism but even so you have some great genetics to be able to eat like that an keep a physique like that. I have to eat high calorie/clean foods to obtain the most growth.. Lookin good.
    I'll tell you if it wasn't like that for me then I'd probable be a fat ass because I cannot eat clean food all year round only for those 3 months.

MIKE_XXL is offline SCAMMER
    What has worked pretty good for me in the past is carb cycling...what i have done at a lighter weight then you (200lbs) is something like this
    day1 carbs 100gm protein 350gm
    day2 carbs 150gm protein 300gm
    day3 carbs 200gm protein 250gm
    day4 carbs 100gm protein 350gm
    day5 carbs 150gm protein 300gm
    day6 carbs 350gm protein 300gm
    day7 carbs 150gm protein 300gm
    I would basicly cycle micronutrients and not just carbs...fat i would keep the same on all days and most of it coming from *****s3&6s...on day 6 which was saturday for me i would carb load, i would take in 350-400gm of carbs and recharge my system...this allowed me to loose 1-2lbs each week while staying full and maintaing my strength...hope thathelps a bit...i will be closely watchin your journal Bro...good luck and i know you will knock 'em out...XXL

your arms look great in that side chest pose, if you get a chance id like to see a side tricept, its my favorite...yoyu look like you will cut nicely bro

Quote Originally Posted by MIKE_XXL
    What has worked pretty good for me in the past is carb cycling...what i have done at a lighter weight then you (200lbs) is something like this
    day1 carbs 100gm protein 350gm
    day2 carbs 150gm protein 300gm
    day3 carbs 200gm protein 250gm
    day4 carbs 100gm protein 350gm
    day5 carbs 150gm protein 300gm
    day6 carbs 350gm protein 300gm
    day7 carbs 150gm protein 300gm
    I would basicly cycle micronutrients and not just carbs...fat i would keep the same on all days and most of it coming from *****s3&6s...on day 6 which was saturday for me i would carb load, i would take in 350-400gm of carbs and recharge my system...this allowed me to loose 1-2lbs each week while staying full and maintaing my strength...hope thathelps a bit...i will be closely watchin your journal Bro...good luck and i know you will knock 'em out...XXL
    Good looking out bro, that will help m eout a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by mwolffey
    your arms look great in that side chest pose, if you get a chance id like to see a side tricept, its my favorite...yoyu look like you will cut nicely bro
    Bro I just started my diet so not much definition there, you wanna see definition just wait til the last week.. but here's your request. forgive the gut, I forgot to pull it in lol.
    Last edited by MrMent1on; 02-29-2008 at 08:03 AM.

I don't even know what to say A... but THICK AS HELL!

Quote Originally Posted by Narkissos
    I don't even know what to say A... but THICK AS HELL!
    If onyl I could keep that thickness and loose the fat and water, lol but the fat and water is what makes me look thick, lol

Bro I just started my diet so not much definition there, you wanna see definition just wait til the last week.. but here's your request. forgive the gut, I forgot to pull it in lol.

you will cut great...good luck bro, ill be keeping an eye in this thread like i said

11 WEEKS OUT 220lbs.
    Ok Bros heres my Monday pictures update. After cleaning up my diet. Meaning just dropping sugar and all junk food and eating clean. I drop 3lbs this pass week. like I stated my goal is to drop no more than 1 to 2 pounds a week. All is well and going fine.
    Last edited by MrMent1on; 02-29-2008 at 08:03 AM.

Gad..

Big Bapper is offline Member
    Looking on target Bro.

Page 1 of 10 123456 ... LastLast

Thread Information