Jakt is offline Associate Member

how did you guys get into doing shows? i'd like to start!

i've been wanting to do one for yrs now and never had... just want to get this all down pat... i would just do it for fun and all natural shows only, maybe others, but thats what i'm into (nothing against AS, just not for me)

i've done some photoshoots here and there have more coming up... so maybe a show or two would be cool to look back on....

thanx

Random is offline RETIRED VET
    Cool, yea just find a date of a show and get started...start cleaning up your diet and preparing for the show...Once you set a date and start its like you totoally change mentally! For me its like i transform into a machine and nothing gets in my way..i never cheat on my diet and once you have that date in your mind it gives you a surge like to other to bust your a s s in the gym. Plus once you start dieting you start seeing little changes almost every day as you get into the best shape of your life...i have the utmost respect for anyone who has competed simply because its a long road till the end but once you get there you can look back and see how much youve accomplished...for me ive Always made my best gains during my contest diet and right after....good luck man i hope you decide to compete...

MrMent1on is offline National Level Bodybuilder
    Well for me it was like this.. After lifting on and off for quite a few years in college, not being able to keep any size/weight because I only lifted when school as in session, more like 6 months on 6 months off. I went to my first bodybuilding show and instantly knew I wanted to be up there.

Iron freak is offline Associate Member
    I trained for seven years as a powerlifter.was the state rep and put meets on in a gym I owned for five years(ALOT OF WORK).I decided I need a new challange.

Carlos_E is offline National Level Bodybuilder/Hall of Famer/RETIRED
    I always been competitive. Used to compete gymnastics when I was younger. When I quit gymnastics I decided I wanted to get big and compete bodybuilding. I set a goal weight for myself and said once I reach that weight I'll do a show. I reached the weight, picked a show, got a contest coach and that was it.
    Muscle Asylum Project Athlete

Jakt is offline Associate Member
    sounds good man.. thanx for that info guys, i'll def do one this yr, i have too..

tele20 is offline Junior Member
    The shows do seem to be very complicated, but its really very easy. Learn your poses, get into shape, and you'll be golden.

Thread Information