chuck89gt5.0 is offline Senior Member

Importance of posing

About how far out from a show do most of you start practing posing how many times a week and for how long?

Also I have heard that posing helps make your muscles look harder, can someone explain this theory?

spound is offline Anabolic Member
    THe earlier, the better. Also, the more, the better. I started at 8 wks out poasin 2-4 times per week anywhere from 20-45 minutes per session. Trust me you NEED to pose, its very important, if the judges have you up there comparing everyone holding poses for as olong as they want you will be huffing and puffing and looking like an idiot if you didnt pose enough leading up to the show.

getbig32 is offline Associate Member
    plus if you get someone that has the know how...you can pose and make yourself look better on stage ...such as if there is someone taller than you and has more mass if you squat down more on side poses it makes you appear bigger....

MrMent1on is offline National Level Bodybuilder
    Its important to start practicing as far out as possible, so you get use to it. you can tell the people who dont practice, they are trembling just to hold a pose. and breathing while holdong a pose becomes difficult. so start practicing from now.

chuck89gt5.0 is offline Senior Member
    Cool ,thanks guys, I am 8 1/2 weeks out and I am starting posing this weekend with my boy who has competed before and knows his shit.

Thread Information