chuck89gt5.0 is offline Senior Member

Carb loading without the use of diuretics

Can I get some feedback to what would be the best way to carb load and drop water the last week of a show for a person who is doing it the natural way, no gear or diuretics?

I have read that if NO diuretics are used then carb up will be much shorter, for example start carb loading friday and saturday morning.

A second question is how easy is it to spill over even if water is completely cut out? I have seen some guys look much fuller and harder the day after the show from eating so much shit after the show. What would be the best bet?

MIKE_XXL is offline SCAMMER
    Cut water at 18-20 hours before stepping on stage and shiatload (carb/fat load - 1 meal) the morning of the show...XXL

Wow, so the no carb loading at all just 1 shit load meal that morning?

So just keep carbs as normal until saturday morning or cut them back at a cetain time?

I would not decarb, just keep your carbs at moderate levels week before, eat the saem carbs you ate all diet, then saturday morning (assuming you prejudging being afernoon) eat all you want, NO WATER!
    Enjoy Bro!
    XXL

Well check in is at 7:30 AM and prejuding is at 9 AM would it be better to have a shit meal before bed friday night?

What weight class are you going in? and how close do you think you will be to the limit?

Its height class which is great for me cause im 6'2
    So weight is no factor.

Bump

I was planning on slowly carbing up starting thurs and having 1 shit meal before bed friday night and 1 shit meal saturaday morning then just snacking on rice cakes and honey before hitting the stage. I have niacin,vanadyl sufate maybe some red wine too.

Between prejudging and finals was going to eat some potatoes and chicken.
    Should I eat more simple sugars before hitting the stage again in the evening or will I have too much in me by then?

anabolicwannabe is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MIKE_XXL
    I would not decarb, just keep your carbs at moderate levels week before, eat the saem carbs you ate all diet, then saturday morning (assuming you prejudging being afernoon) eat all you want, NO WATER!
    Enjoy Bro!
    XXL
    no carb loading as stated in your sticky?
    i'm back here after a year. took 6 months off from training for personal reasons so i really need to be kept updated with the latest contest prep man!

bigsd67 is offline Anabolic Member
    When I did my first show I kept my carbs at a moderate level and did a carb fat load the morning of and I dried out and filled out very nicely. I think this was the best approach so far when not using diuretics and/or gear. Listen to MIKE he knows his sh!t.

Quote Originally Posted by bigsd67
    When I did my first show I kept my carbs at a moderate level and did a carb fat load the morning of and I dried out and filled out very nicely. I think this was the best approach so far when not using diuretics and/or gear. Listen to MIKE he knows his sh!t.
    yeah i know. that's why i need to ask what is "moderate"?
    because in his sticky in this forum, his contest prep method was traditional carb load followed by shitload..
    just wondering if there's a change in his methods..
    unless the carbs stated in his sticky are already at "moderate" level?

IBdmfkr is offline AR VET
    You guys have got to understand there is no set way to do a comp prep.. it is trial and error, being that we can't see you within the week coming up to the comp it makes it extremely hard to give advice on what to do, each person it different, ex. some hold more water all the way up to comp like myself, others may not be as lean as another person which would affect their water retention etc..
    Try different approaches and see what works, then next time you diet down you'll have a basic idea of what needs to be changed.

Quote Originally Posted by I**mfkr
    You guys have got to understand there is no set way to do a comp prep.. it is trial and error, being that we can't see you within the week coming up to the comp it makes it extremely hard to give advice on what to do, each person it different, ex. some hold more water all the way up to comp like myself, others may not be as lean as another person which would affect their water retention etc..
    Try different approaches and see what works, then next time you diet down you'll have a basic idea of what needs to be changed.
    Although i agree to some degree, WE ARE MORE THE SAME THEN DIFFERENT...human phisiology is the same in each person, sodium retains water in my body just like in yours, electrolyte inbalance will cause crmps in you just as much as in me...so the basics of contest prep are the same for all, small manipulations can be made to improve it for individuals, but the idea and rules of the human body apply to all of us the same...

I feel no decarb, medium carbs leading up to the show, stopping water at 18hours before prejudging and shiatload morning of saturday show will work for most and is liely the most effective and safest ways to go about last few days...XXL

Quote Originally Posted by anabolicwannabe
    yeah i know. that's why i need to ask what is "moderate"?
    because in his sticky in this forum, his contest prep method was traditional carb load followed by shitload..
    just wondering if there's a change in his methods..
    unless the carbs stated in his sticky are already at "moderate" level?
    Yes my way of thinkihng has changed a bit since i wrote that sticky...XXL

Quote Originally Posted by MIKE_XXL
    Yes my way of thinkihng has changed a bit since i wrote that sticky...XXL
    alright thanks alot!
    despite following your methods to a "T" last year i think this may do it better..
    because last year somehow i crapped the last 3 days when i was carbloading so i don't know if i crapped out what i was loading..
    so if i did, and i filled out fine then your new method probably works better..

i rather go with a safer approach and be NEAR where i should be, rather than take a risk of two step forwards but 3 steps back..

Thread Information