vic99 is offline Junior Member

First time comp at 35, diet questions

I am doing my first comp at 35 next June 06. I am in week 4 of a bulking cycle and at 18%bf and 225 and growing. Since I am a newbie to this after my 12 wk bulker what should I do next in Nov? I want to come as big as possible at the top end of the middle weights. After this bulker should I start a 6 wk cutter? Should I continue to bulk until 16 wks out. What is the best way for a newbie? I have tried for 20 years and more recently pretty hard. What is the best course considering I a new and need to cut several lbs.

stats
    35, 225, 5'10" 5 cycles, years of lifting.

gio86 is offline Member
    i would suggest to get your bf down with a really clean/bulk type diet to atleast 12% and start seriusly cutting 16 weeks out.

(i dont know if your familiar you can check the diet sticky) But when i mean a clean/bulk diet it means separating carbs and fats from each other..research a little bit more.
    good luck pz

MrMent1on is offline National Level Bodybuilder
    Quote Originally Posted by vic99
    I am doing my first comp at 35 next June 06. I am in week 4 of a bulking cycle and at 18%bf and 225 and growing. Since I am a newbie to this after my 12 wk bulker what should I do next in Nov? I want to come as big as possible at the top end of the middle weights. After this bulker should I start a 6 wk cutter? Should I continue to bulk until 16 wks out. What is the best way for a newbie? I have tried for 20 years and more recently pretty hard. What is the best course considering I a new and need to cut several lbs.

stats
    35, 225, 5'10" 5 cycles, years of lifting.
    Can I tell you from now so its no surprised to you. you will come in as a middle weight about 176lbs. you will get mixed feelings on your question. here is my opinion. I know deep down yo uwant to come in as heavy as possible, so if yo ucould keep bulking and get that weight up to 240lbs. then you could come in at a light heavy. so I would keep bulking until 16 weeks out before I start to diet. the reason why I tell yo uthis as my own opinion i sbecuse I went thru the same exact think my first competition. I was 230lbs at 15%BF on competition day I was 176lbs and that was after 12 weeks of dieting. how that helps.

I thought it would be better to come he at the top of middle weights and not the bottom of light heavys? I know I will loose more weight than I think. I have been hovering around 230 at 17.5% the last few days. The extra weight has been tough to carry. I have the "I am juicing look" in the face. Thanks to Barry every thinks you have to juice to gain. I like the advice of keep bulking until 16 wks out. I do want to come in as heavy as possible. Since this is going to be just an accomplishment for me and I dont expect to go fair in BB. Just something I want to do at 35. Thanks for the advice.

PROTEINSHAKE is offline Protein Power
    cool deal man...you sound like you have the right mindset for this. I am anxious to see your progress(being 35 myself). If you are able....try to take pics during the preperation like many other guys have on the site..you will probably great great feedback from the smart guys on here that have done it before..good luck to you.

Will do. I posted a now dated picture about body fat about a month ago. I will post a pic at the beginning of my cutting. Maybe week by week will be interesting. I like the idea of bulking until I get 16 wks out. I will keep you posted.

PROTEINSHAKE is offline Protein Power
    MR Mention did a great pre contest pic & progress file....so did captaindominate & others....it was great to see the progress..i think it could be motivational for you as well..

Thread Information