RAM2500 is offline Member

4 weeks out NPC Show

35 more days until the show. I've been told I need to drop about 15 lbs. I'm doing 3 miles a day 4 days a week and my diet is near perfect. A guy local here is helping with my poses, his name is Rusty Jeffers, its the best $50 an hour I've spent. I'm takin 80mg of Anavar and 100mg Winstrol Ed along with 375mg of Test E. I thought with this cycle good diet and plenty of cardio I would drop the 15lbs no problem. So far no luck. I'm entering the Masters (over 40), the Novice and the light heavy weight. Oh by the way I'm 43 and this is my first show. any advice! thanks
    Last edited by RAM2500; 11-15-2006 at 08:19 AM.

SVTMuscle* is offline Banned
    You do look pretty good..especially since your old enough to be my dad ;-), but you have alot of shredding to do. I would bump the Test E up 500mg (375 is just random) but that is probaly why you feel like you arnt loosing the weight because of water and Test E isnt exactly a cutting agent.
    And instead of jogging a specific distance, I would switch it up to doing 45 minutes of mild treadmill or eliptical 2x a day, in the AM and before bed, but of luck to you man!

DSM4Life is offline Snook~ AR Lounge Monitor
    Blog Entries
    You want to drop weight and your taking test e ? Not a good choice. Been reading longer easters are good for bulking, shorters for cutting. Test e will also bloat you some i know it is right now with me.

up the Test E ??

Test E retains water, If anything I was thinking about not using any test, Rusty said to dis-continue any oil based gear

Quote Originally Posted by SVTMuscle
    You do look pretty good..especially since your old enough to be my dad ;-), but you have alot of shredding to do. I would bump the Test E up 500mg (375 is just random) but that is probaly why you feel like you arnt loosing the weight because of water and Test E isnt exactly a cutting agent.
    And instead of jogging a specific distance, I would switch it up to doing 45 minutes of mild treadmill or eliptical 2x a day, in the AM and before bed, but of luck to you man!

MrMent1on is offline National Level Bodybuilder
    Here is my recommendation. Switch the Test E to Test Prop. Cardio first thing in the morning on an empyt stomach 45 minutes to a hour. also cardio the last thing before bed with a 0 carb shake after like isopure. If your carbs are high then drop it to about 150 grams daily. if you still need to drop a lot with 2 weeks to go then drop the carbs down to only 50 grams thats 1 cup oat meal immediately after your morning cardio and thats your only carb for the day. hope that help.

DSM4Life is offline Snook~ AR Lounge Monitor
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RAM2500
    Test E retains water, If anything I was thinking about not using any test, Rusty said to dis-continue any oil based gear
    Test is normally always recommended no matter what the goal is but the most important choice is deciding what compound to use.

scriptfactory is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MrMent1on
    Here is my recommendation. Switch the Test E to Test Prop. Cardio first thing in the morning on an empyt stomach 45 minutes to a hour. also cardio the last thing before bed with a 0 carb shake after like isopure. If your carbs are high then drop it to about 150 grams daily. if you still need to drop a lot with 2 weeks to go then drop the carbs down to only 50 grams thats 1 cup oat meal immediately after your morning cardio and thats your only carb for the day. hope that help.
    Good advice.

Quote Originally Posted by MrMent1on
    thats funny i was gonna recommend him switching to Prop also, but I was waiting for you or Nark to come and do it. I figured I'd let you have the glory for that one

I've just recently stopped all test based on my coachs recomondation. Any advice on the anavar and winstrol ?

I've just recently stopped all test based on my coachs recomondation. Any advice on the anavar and winstrol?
    please dont tell you stoped Test cold turkey in the middle of a cycle?

No

No doing just a small amont 375mg a week.

I would highly recommend like mr mention said, switch to Test Prop if you can.

Carlos_E is offline National Level Bodybuilder/Hall of Famer/RETIRED
    What does your diet look like? Are you doing high or low impact cardio?
    Muscle Asylum Project Athlete

*Narkissos* is offline Anabolic Member
    35 more days until the show.
    Welcome to the fold bro.

I've been told I need to drop about 15 lbs.
    Why 15 specifically?
    To make class weight?
    To be 'in shape'?

I'm doing 3 miles a day 4 days a week
    3 miles jogging? Walking?

How many minutes does 3 miles equate to? (we deal with tangible numbers during preps: grams; mcgs; inches; percentages; minutes etc.) And how is your cardio timed? Like are you doing a.m. empty stomach etc.?

and my diet is near perfect.
    'near' isn't good enough.. whether this be your first show or your 40th.

Post it up with your weight and bodyfat percentage etc.

A guy local here is helping with my poses, his name is Rusty Jeffers, its the best $50 an hour I've spent.
    Rusty is a cool guy... mustache and all

I'm takin 80mg of Anavar and 100mg Winstrol Ed along with 375mg of Test E.
    Var and winstrol dosages are pretty ok in my opinion. The test-E i'd switch to prop and add an AI like aromasin .. Don't get me wrong tho.. i don't believe that prop is better for cutting (Guys here associate no bloat with 'good for cutting'.. which is total bullshit. Water isn't fat). Why'd i'd advise you switch is because it will make it easier in the latter weeks (i.e. the last week) of your prep when you're trying to shed subcutaneous water.. to actually shed it. Before the last week, water retention is no concern.

I thought with this cycle good diet and plenty of cardio I would drop the 15lbs no problem. So far no luck. I'm entering the Masters (over 40), the Novice and the light heavy weight. Oh by the way I'm 43 and this is my first show. any advice! thanks
    You're just over a month out.. time to pull out the stops. I don't think you're 'fat' by any account. You look lean.. just a lil watery. I mean, i'm seeing vascularity in your quads.. and separation in your obliques.. so you can't be fat. Bump the cardio.. Graduate your diet from good to 'exact'. I don't believe in the whole no test no cycle mantra.. but personally i wouldn't have dropped it if i didn't 'have to', just switched esters and added an AI (like aromasin). And finally.. outside of your sessions with Rusty, you need to pose daily. Get your significant other or training partner to take you tru.. 15-30 minutes per day. In the first couple years of contest prep.. i did no cardio... only posing. Most think that posing only pushes out water. That it does.. but it also burns calories...and adds detail. Remember it is the static and prolonged contraction of nearly ever voluntary muscle group in the body.

Good luck
    Narkissos

*Narkissos* is offline Anabolic Member
    Why would it matter?

He's still running androgens.

Contest preps require dropping certain compounds at certain points... Read up on contest preps and you'll see that most manipulate compounds to the exclusion of aromatizing steroids at a certain point out. No test no cycle is bullshit.

Attention Narkissos

Just want to start out by say thanks for the attention you gave my post. first thing you mentioned was 15lbs, I was told by the gal who makes the posing suits i should try and lose at least 10lbs and shoot for 15. She sees most of the people who enter the NPC show. Just her advice. Rusty said wait and he will make that determination tonight.

next thing you mentioned was Cardio, im doing 2 days aweek of jogging 3 miles and the other 2 days on the stair master. I usually average 150 flights and 3 miles in 30 minutes. My heart monitor says I burn roughly 400 cal. per session. The sessions are usually after work around 5:00PM on a semi empty stomach.

My stats are: 43 years old. I weigh about 197 and the last time I had my body fat checked it was 8% using calipers.
    My diet is almost no fat, about 20grams max. The carbs are around 150.

That picture of me was right after I bought my first suit. I was NOT pumped or warmed up at all. These 2 pictures are a better indicator of what I look like.
    Thank you again Narkissos.

Quote Originally Posted by Narkissos
    Why would it matter?

He's still running androgens.

Contest preps require dropping certain compounds at certain points... Read up on contest preps and you'll see that most manipulate compounds to the exclusion of aromatizing steroids at a certain point out. No test no cycle is bullshit.
    Last edited by RAM2500; 11-15-2006 at 08:19 AM.

PROTEINSHAKE is offline Protein Power
    you look great man...I would do as nark & mr ment & svt recommended first of all..2nd of all I would say its time to up that cardio being that you are 4 weeks out with a little bit left to lose..can you do an am session 45mins on empty stomach?? that would set you up nicely....look great man..lookin forward to more from you!!!

MIKE_XXL is offline SCAMMER
    Just want to start out by say thanks for the attention you gave my post. first thing you mentioned was 15lbs, I was told by the gal who makes the posing suits i should try and lose at least 10lbs and shoot for 15. She sees most of the people who enter the NPC show. Just her advice. Rusty said wait and he will make that determination tonight.

next thing you mentioned was Cardio, im doing 2 days aweek of jogging 3 miles and the other 2 days on the stair master. I usually average 150 flights and 3 miles in 30 minutes. My heart monitor says I burn roughly 400 cal. per session. The sessions are usually after work around 5:00PM on a semi empty stomach.

My stats are: 43 years old. I weigh about 197 and the last time I had my body fat checked it was 8% using calipers.
    My diet is almost no fat, about 20grams max. The carbs are around 150.

That picture of me was right after I bought my first suit. I was NOT pumped or warmed up at all. These 2 pictures are a better indicator of what I look like.
    Thank you again Narkissos.
    SOrry Bro, but you need some fat in your diet...especcially EFA (essential Fatty Acids) such as ***** 3s which some from Flaxseed oil, fish oil etc...they are a must in a any precontest diet...XXL

Mike_xxl

Hi Mike, can you tell me what essential Fatty Acids will do for me.
    Thanks bro

Quote Originally Posted by MIKE_XXL
    SOrry Bro, but you need some fat in your diet...especcially EFA () such as ***** 3s which some from Flaxseed oil, fish oil etc...they are a must in a any precontest diet...XXL

Hi Mike, can you tell me what essential Fatty Acids will do for me.
    Thanks bro
    Bodybuilding.com
    What Do They Do?

* Energy Production
    * Diffusion of oxygen into the bloodstream
    * Hemoglobin production
    * Vital for the transportation and metabolism of triglycerides and cholesterol
    * Brain and nerve tissue development
    * Control cell membrane fluids
    * Lower high blood cholesterol and triglyceride levels
    * Stabilize insulin and blood sugar levels
    * Treat arthritis
    * Anti-inflammatory effect
    * Helpful in inflammatory conditions
    * Relieve asthma.
    * Ease PMS symptoms
    * Decrease allergy response
    * Strengthen immune system
    * Reduce water retention, by assisting in sodium and water removal.
    * Aids in skin texture
    * Alleviate psoriasis
    * Calming effect and regulates mood [2]
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/efa.html

Thank you

Mike_xxl

OK MIKE_XXL
    one last question, can you tell that I need this EFA by the way I look or the way I explained my diet. Sorry for all the question.[

QUOTE=MIKE_XXL]Thank you [/QUOTE]

ANy pre contest diet should have lower fat intake, to to maintain health, keep the metabolism ramp, you need your EFAs, so i am saying it because your diet is lacking in this VERY IMPORTANT element...my first diet for a show, i hit a plateu and did not loose any weight i added some EFAs and i lost 2lbs the following week...i think and i know most will agree with me here EFAs are a MUST...20-30gmof fat from EFAs is a good start...XXL

Random is offline RETIRED VET
    EFAs are a MUST...20-30gmof fat from EFAs is a good start...XXL
    XXL, thats completely correct, EFA;s really keep the fat burning along with all the other benefits listed, personally it helps my joints during the finals weeks when youre not carrying much water......

Thread Information