run4td is offline New Member

4 days out need help

I am entering my first show Sat 10/7 and have read alot of different ideas on water, carb, and sodium balancing and not sure what to do. A friend who has competed has me cutting my carbs down to 40 g Mon-Thur and carb loading Fri night, i am also going from 1 gal distilled water Mon, 1/2 gal Tue, 1/2 Wed, 1/4 Thur, sips Fri. My sodium and fats are cut out as well. I am eating 6 egg whites and 2 rice cakes w/ sodium free penutbutter for bfast then 2lbs of flounder and 2 cups of asparagus through out the rest of the day. I have been reading about people carb loading 3 days out and also increasing water and sodium levels untill day before. I am 5'9 218 about 3.5-4% bf and need info FAST

Thanks guys

chuck89gt5.0 is offline Senior Member
    I would keep your water consistant till about 18-22 hrs till showtime, no need to taper it down.

UpstateTank is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by run4td
    I am entering my first show Sat 10/7 and have read alot of different ideas on water, carb, and sodium balancing and not sure what to do. A friend who has competed has me cutting my carbs down to 40 g Mon-Thur and carb loading Fri night, i am also going from 1 gal distilled water Mon, 1/2 gal Tue, 1/2 Wed, 1/4 Thur, sips Fri. My sodium and fats are cut out as well. I am eating 6 egg whites and 2 rice cakes w/ sodium free penutbutter for bfast then 2lbs of flounder and 2 cups of asparagus through out the rest of the day. I have been reading about people carb loading 3 days out and also increasing water and sodium levels untill day before. I am 5'9 218 about 3.5-4% bf and need info FAST

Thanks guys
    hey when are we gonna do legs so you can make me puke?
    good luck at your show...let us kno how it goes!

Uconish is offline Member
    i would follow the carb up/ shit load prep that is a sticky made by mike.....he knows what hes talking about

MIKE_XXL is offline SCAMMER
    Quote Originally Posted by Uconish
    i would follow the carb up/ shit load prep that is a sticky made by mike.....he knows what hes talking about
    Yeah that's what i would do...LOL...

Thanks Bro!

XXL

run4td is offline New Member
    Thank guys, im just really nervouse and dont wanna screw this up, i know everyone says you need to experiment but i hate to loose and if i screw up its all on my shoulders so i need all the knowledge i can find. Ill post pics after the show

MIKE_XXL is offline SCAMMER
    Good luck Bro, i have done 7 shows and all in different approches, this i believe tought me more about BBing then anything else i have ever read...so don't be affraid to experiment we all hate loosing but as long as you learn something that's what counts...i have lost some shows but what i learned and passed on to others on this board has won some shows for others, to me it's all worth it in the end...Good luck Bro!
    XXL

Thread Information