Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Uconish is offline Member

Contest day pics

These are a few of the pics i have form the day of the show. They ae all me, by myself, but as soon as i get some of the line up shots i will also post them. The balck trunks are form the morning and maroon are from the night.......Let me know what you think....I lost amost 40lbs during the prep. Next time im going to keep my offseason BF lower, so if i diet and cardio with the same intensity, then im going to be peeled. I was dissappointed at first, but the more i think about it and the more i look at my photos, i think i made i sick tranformation, escpecially for my first time, and i got myself intot the best possible shape i could. But next time it will be even better.
    Last edited by Uconish; 02-26-2007 at 03:18 PM.

Dangerdan is offline Senior Member
    Looking good Uconish. Congratulations again on your first show.

Random is offline RETIRED VET
    Nice work man! you have nothing to be ashamed of, most guys dont have the guts/will-power to do what you did, now go eat, rest up, and train hard for next show!

CD

PROTEINSHAKE is offline Protein Power
    WAY TO GO BRO!!! I think you did a hell of a job & look great. You had a plan -stuck to it -And worked hard & it shows. I would & you should be proud of your physique..you really pulled it together A TON in the last 10days...congratulations man.

Quadrablue is offline Female Member
    For your first show you look awesome. Way to go!

Carlos_E is offline National Level Bodybuilder/Hall of Famer/RETIRED
    Congrats man. Next show you'll do even better.
    Muscle Asylum Project Athlete

IBdmfkr is offline AR VET
    Lookin great.

Did I miss it, what'd you place?
    -B D
    DO NOT ASK FOR A SOURCE, NONE SHALL BE GIVEN.
    -NO SOURCE CHECKS!-

[email protected]
    If asking cycle advice Post up Stats/previous cycle experience/goals!

If asking diet advice Post Stats/current diet/goals!

“Your desire to change must be greater than your desire to stay the same.”

I B D
    AR VET

I just cant stop thinking about doing another show.....SInce saturday, its like all that matters to me now. I think ive created a monster.

Undecided09 is offline Senior Member
    Congrats on the show...I really want to see what the other competitors looked like....My guess is they are goign to be more diced up than you were, considering the amount of BF and water you appear to be holding still...However, you managed to maintain some serious LBM after cutting down that much, congrats on that...thats the most impressive part of your physique!

spound is offline Anabolic Member
    You looked great bro! You made the most out of the time you had at the end there....jsut start a little earlier next time and you will be HARD to beat. Great job.

These are pics from the open line up......Will discuss the outcome in a minute, got some more pics........
    Last edited by Uconish; 02-26-2007 at 03:20 PM.

Okay, so incase if anyone misssed it, i placed fourth in the novice and i didnt even place in the open.....Kind of a bummer, but im over not placing higher in the novice. As far as the pics, the ones with me and the bald black gentle men are from the open show. The placing was the guy in the purple i think took fourth, the blad guy took 2nd, the guy with the tats and maroon trunks was first, and i dont have a pic of the guy thats third, but, he won the novice. Now, if youre wondering who placed fifth ahead of me? First, the guys that placed second and third in novice did not do the open, so i thought for sure i would win fifth, respectable........However, that wasnt the case. I included some pics from the novice line up. THe guy in the blue trunks, to the far left, yeah, he was placed ahead of me in the open. Lets just say im still really bitter about that. If i was just a inybit drier in my f*ckin lower abs, i think i could of done ALOT better. Anyways, lets here it, what you think?
    Last edited by Uconish; 02-26-2007 at 03:20 PM.

Flat out bro....if they put that guy to the far left in nevy blue trunks IN FRONT OF YOU....then that is bullshit and a disgrace to our sport...he must have known one of the judges or something b/c you were bigger, had better shape/symmetry and even better conditioning than that guy!! I am sorry, that's gotta leavea bitter taste. As far as the otehr guys in the novice, it is hard to tell b/c of the angle of the pics, but if you would have had your conditioning on point you would have beaten almost all of those guys, most of them look smaller than you, but they had better conditioning. Conditioning rules all in smaller shows. In my novice class I beat a guy who was shorter than me and outweighed me by at least 30 lbs...he was not in bad shape either, but he wasn't peeled and his posing sucked ass. Don't be ashamed, you looked even better on stage than your previous pics, althoguh some of your posing needs a little work. In that ab/thigh shot, it does not look like you blew all the air our of your gut and it looks like it made your belly look a little distended at the bottom.

You were robbed bro.....plain & simple...you look great dude & I can tell you are fired up for the next one...I'll respond to ur PM when I get a few mins to give it 100% of me...

im not ashamed at all. In the open, three guys that placed higher than me were masters, and the bald guy i beleive is in his thirties. So if i can size up with them now, at my age, if i get my conditioning a little tighter, which i will because it will me my main focus this offseason, keeping my bf lower, i know i will do much better.

In the novice pics, i placed higher than everyone you can see, excpet for the guys from the far right

Jakked, gotta go study, be back in few hours, but thanks for your comments and help for that question i asked you.
    Last edited by Uconish; 12-13-2006 at 10:57 AM.

I think you looked great up on stage but I deff can understand your placing.
    You are holding tons of water and still look like you're a week or two out. Mainly your abs/obliques/lower back/ and soft glutes.

Keep a detailed log so you can dial it in better next time around. My first contest was an awesome experience as well, can't wait to do another.

I resized your pictures for you.

First off thanks......second, how do i get rid of the water, do you think if i had dieted 16 weeks instead of 14 then that little bit of water would have been gone.

Quote Originally Posted by I**mfkr
    I think you looked great up on stage but I deff can understand your placing.
    You are holding tons of water and still look like you're a week or two out. Mainly your abs/obliques/lower back/ and soft glutes.

Keep a detailed log so you can dial it in better next time around. My first contest was an awesome experience as well, can't wait to do another.

Quote Originally Posted by Uconish
    First off thanks......second, how do i get rid of the water, do you think if i had dieted 16 weeks instead of 14 then that little bit of water would have been gone.
    What gear were you running for prep and how many days/weeks out did you stop gear?

Fat will hold water, I believe you were still holding a bit of fat in those areas and you might not have depleted or carbed up properly.

It's hard to say, I didn't write your prep or see what you did coming into the show.

SInce this was a learning experience, lets try to figure out where i went wrong. Remember, this was my first time doing this and i really didnt have anyone help me out, so i used as much info as i could from the board. Honestly, the reason why i think i was still holding fat in my lower abs is because the amount of EFA's in my diet during the prep might have been alittle too high, especially as my carbs dropped lower and lower. Next im going to drop my efa's down, and pretty much follow the same diet and cardio and see what happens. I stopped using all supplements at two weeks out. Also, i think my carbs were alittle to high to begin wiht during my diet, because from what i found out, i am very very very carb sensative, so next time i will cut to lower carbs quicker. The cool thing is, looking back on the board, i pretty much have a detailed log of what i did week to week, so i will analyze when i get more time and try to figure stuff out. The pics of me are from 12 weeks out, lets just say im never letting myself get that fat again!!!!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Contest day pics-sako-stage-1-009.jpg   Contest day pics-sako-stage-1-011.jpg  
    Last edited by Uconish; 12-13-2006 at 06:08 PM.

damn--u were fat
    is it just me or does anyones trunks fit rite??

uconish--u have a PM my friend

chuck89gt5.0 is offline Senior Member
    Hey I was at that show! I dont remember seeing you there. Congrats, there was some pretty good competition! Did you see the black dude with the horrible GH gut, I mean he made Ronnie look like he has a 29 inch waist. Did you get a chance to talk to Cutler or get an autograph?

jakked, i cant acces my pm box, its like it disappeared or something, anyone else have the same problem.

Chuck, hey it was the same show, Cutler is one big SOB, and a pretty nice guy, he put on a hell of a show, and stopped to take pics with pretty much everyone. ANd yeah, the competiton in my class was tough, but that only makes me want it mor.

btw......what was your weight for the show???

jakked, i cant acces my pm box, its like it disappeared or something, anyone else have the same problem.

Chuck, hey it was the same show, Cutler is one big SOB, and a pretty nice guy, he put on a hell of a show, and stopped to take pics with pretty much everyone. ANd yeah, the competiton in my class was tough, but that only makes me want it mor.

something going on with the site...they are updating so PM isnt in the usual spot...u can click my name..send pm...then on the left chek ur messages..

getbig32 is offline Associate Member
    you looked good man for your first show and you should feel great.....you will look better and better each time you diet down for a show.

wieght class was middle....after i ate a few times and took the stage, i was close to 180lbs........four days later and my bloated ass is pushing slightly over 200lbs......i hope this bloating im experiencing will dispurse.
    Last edited by Uconish; 12-15-2006 at 12:20 PM.

it will dispurse, but be sure to use this time to get some good rebound growth!!!

std4 is offline Junior Member
    did you train your abs offseason?

what sanction was the event? I hope it was not NPC. The guy in the blue trunks should not have placed higher than you, your back clearly has more separation, your triceps in the rear double bicep clearly show better than his, and his legs are so smooth it's a joke. The only thing he has is clearer abs, but not enough that he should have placed higher than you. One thing that really pisses me off is when judges dont take proportion and symmetry into account. When i look at a body, I'm looking for balance and the overall look, then I focus on the finer points.

[QUOTE=getnjakked]is it just me or does anyones trunks fit rite??
    You're right. I didn't notice but their trunks are too big on them. That's why you have to get them custom made.

wieght class was middle....i was over by like a pound, but they still allowed my to compete in the middles, weight was 177.4........four days later and my bloated ass is pushing slightly over 200lbs......i hope this bloating im experiencing will dispurse.
    I suggest continue eating your contest diet but throw in a cheat day every 3rd or 4th day. It cuts down on the bloat and gaining lots of fat quickly.

Yes it was an npc event, and the winner of each class, novice or open, got a bid to junior nationals, so it is a pretty big event......and that guy in the purple placed fourth i believe, and i didnt place anything, to top if off, did you see what i said about who they gave fifth in the open to.....the novice line up, the one without the the bald guy and pink trunks, yeah, the one where im standing next to two bald white guys, the guy all the way on the far left in the guy trunks, he placed in open....

Quote Originally Posted by stayinstacked
    what sanction was the event? I hope it was not NPC. The guy in the blue trunks should not have placed higher than you, your back clearly has more separation, your triceps in the rear double bicep clearly show better than his, and his legs are so smooth it's a joke. The only thing he has is clearer abs, but not enough that he should have placed higher than you. One thing that really pisses me off is when judges dont take proportion and symmetry into account. When i look at a body, I'm looking for balance and the overall look, then I focus on the finer points.

Are you sure this is what you mean.....it gains lots of fat quickly, i really dont wna to get fat anymore in the offseason.
    Quote Originally Posted by Carlos_E
    I suggest continue eating your contest diet but throw in a cheat day every 3rd or 4th day. It cuts down on the bloat and gaining lots of fat quickly.

Are you sure this is what you mean.....it gains lots of fat quickly, i really dont wna to get fat anymore in the offseason.
    I had a typo in my post.

Slowly coming off the contest diet will help cut down on bloat and quick fat gain. It's what I did. I gained 32 pounds in one month but I'm still striated and vascular and I have not gained a lot of fat.

JohnboyF is offline Banned
    Uncon great pics man! im surprised they let u compete being slightky over

sorry for hijacking...
    carlos,

did you allow your self to cheat/binge post contest... for a bit or what was the duration. I know I** is an advocate of one day.. then back to the grind...what abt urself?

Quote Originally Posted by FaizakaFez

sorry for hijacking...
    carlos,

did you allow your self to cheat/binge post contest... for a bit or what was the duration. I know I** is an advocate of one day.. then back to the grind...what abt urself?
    I started off like Victor said, 2 days on diet, 1 cheat day, 3 days on diet, 1 cheat day. Then I kinda went to eating the contest diet during the day at work and eating my cheat meal at night as dinner.

Quote Originally Posted by FaizakaFez

sorry for hijacking...
    carlos,

I pretty much advocate the same thing I B D does, but you really hae to take the individual into consideration. For example, I woudl think carlos could get away with a lot mroe cheating and still not gain as much fat (due to the fact that he has a hyperactive thyroid) than say someone who is endomorphic. I myself didn't ever really go on an all out binge. I did that night, but the next day all I had that was bad was a cheesburger and then for a week after that I I had like one bad thing per day....if that. I stay pretty hard for a long time....like 2-3 months after the show, but now I have my carbs pretty damn high and am getting pretty smooth and getting some offseason bloat due to many factors of my offseason program.

JohnboyF is offline Banned
    Thanks spound!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information