Chitown Raider is offline Anabolic Member

Body fat calipers

I was wondering how accurate the calipers are? I know this one guy that is always complaining saying they are off because the stats they go by are based on your age weight etc. He was saying the only true way to measure your BF is see a doctor and the doctor puts you in this tank of water and you hold breath under water. But not only is this a time consuming process but it is also very costly. I feel confident when I get my body fat measured at the gym it is always by same trainer so he helps me along with my goals.
    Last edited by Chitown Raider; 02-17-2007 at 08:36 PM.

Archetypes is offline New Member
    I own both the calipers and an Omron Body Fat Analyzer... The calipers took some getting use too, but seem to be more accurate... the electric analyzer is easier and I mostly use it to get an overall understanding of which direction I am moving in.

Chitown Raider is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Archetypes
    I own both the calipers and an Omron Body Fat Analyzer... The calipers took some getting use too, but seem to be more accurate... the electric analyzer is easier and I mostly use it to get an overall understanding of which direction I am moving in.
    O.k. thanks for the feedback. I personally like the calipers but this this yahoo I noticed has to come up with a response to everything I post I think I'm gonna tell him to write a book.

Thread Information