BIGPHIL is offline Associate Member

When to stop splenda?

how long should i cut my splenda out from my show, 4 weeks??

gettinthere is offline Associate Member
    i thought that was a zero calorie deal?

Why does it matter at all? Is there a thread on splenda?

Fjock is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BIGPHIL View Post
    how long should i cut my splenda out from my show, 4 weeks??
    I do splenda in my coffee and stuff till about 1 week out. Thats only cuz I also cut coffee out of my diet at one week out. I try to pretty much only deal with plain waiter at that point.

ironaddict69 is offline Senior Member
    Interesting. My neuromuscular massage therapist just took the overall in the mr. California, and he doesnt drink water the last 5 days.

BIGPHIL is offline Associate Member
    Splenda Makes Eggs N Oats Go Down So Much Easier!!!

Fjock is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ironaddict69 View Post
    Interesting. My neuromuscular massage therapist just took the overall in the mr. California, and he doesnt drink water the last 5 days.
    I also start cutting my water out a few days before a show, but i hardly believe that he goes a full 5 days with no water whatsoever. Thats way too far out. Although i have heard of some replacing drinking water with the water consumed from eating fruit, like water melon, 4-5 days out. Ive only seen one person do it though

Jakt is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Fjock View Post
    I also start cutting my water out a few days before a show, but i hardly believe that he goes a full 5 days with no water whatsoever. Thats way too far out. Although i have heard of some replacing drinking water with the water consumed from eating fruit, like water melon, 4-5 days out. Ive only seen one person do it though
    thats crazy, i would cut water that much out if it was proven to work!

sande102 is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gettinthere View Post
    i thought that was a zero calorie deal?

Why does it matter at all? Is there a thread on splenda?
    Yea thats what I thought but if u take a look at those single splenda packets they say less than half a gram of carb per serving. Which kinda started to worry me cuz of the large amounts of splenda i use to sweetin. It prob starts to add up

g0dsend is offline Member
    http://www.truthaboutsplenda.com/ that makes me never want to touch splenda again.,,

DSM4Life is offline Snook~ AR Lounge Monitor
    Blog Entries
    I use to use it but no more. I eat sugar so little that if i want some i just sure normal sugar.

binder is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ironaddict69 View Post
    that's why he'll never be pro. that's stupid. he had to be drinking water. a human body won't last past 72 hours without water.

this is also stupid, your body will retain water if you cut water. The more water you drink the more subcutaneous water you will expell (the water you are trying to get rid of). Any of the pro competitors that work with me on a weekly basis will gladly explain the need for water.

I was still up to 3 gallons a day 2 days before, the night before i halfed my water and then stopped at midnight. only took small sips up to the point of the comp in the morning and i was dry and hard as could be. Won the overall at my first show. walked off stage and gained over 6lbs in 2 hours with gatorade and water. you have to trick your body into expelling all the water then stopping at the last minute. stopping too far out causes the body to store it.

and splenda, i use a tiny tiny amount. I prefer just tiny ammounts of sugar and just be cautious of it. i really do'nt like artificial sweetners.

mystery is offline Female Member
    splenda should be cut out of your diet completely 2-3 weeks out from a show. And water should only be taken out completely the day before the show, not 5 days out thats outrageous. ive been competing for 5 years and i have never heard that and i have a professional bodybuilder as my coach.

Bigmax is offline Retired VET~ If you dont know... ask me
    Quote Originally Posted by mystery View Post
    splenda should be cut out of your diet completely 2-3 weeks out from a show. And water should only be taken out completely the day before the show, not 5 days out thats outrageous. ive been competing for 5 years and i have never heard that and i have a professional bodybuilder as my coach.
    I agree 100%!!!...by the way My BBing coach is also a pro...

Narkissos is offline AR-Hall of Famer ~Diet Guru~
    Blog Entries
    I've been competing for 8 years (I competed for 6 years straight)...

I cut splenda about a month out... but i don't cut sucralose until 10 days out.

I make the distinction between sucralose and splenda.. because sucralose is a secondary ingredient in splenda.

The list of ingredients positions it last... preceded by dextrose and maltodextrin.

It adds up.

Sucralose-only containing products I keep in until 10-days out.

-C

Thread Information