Jakt is offline Associate Member

UPDATED W/WAY BETTER PIX!FIRST SHOW sep 13th, advice needed

ok, right now i'm about 168lbs, dropped from 185 a month and a half ago.. i have done photoshoots.. but only eating sweet potatoes and oatmeal sux as carbs!
    there is so much to cut out... anyway i have a couple more weeks to drop to 159 or untill a lil more leaner...

the whole show thing really makes me nervous, so i may back out the last week! lol... i'll def do another 2 shoots though....

its an all natural show... i'll get some pix later, but does my ass have to have striations? seems to be taking foreva!!!
    Last edited by Jakt; 12-06-2008 at 01:13 PM.

jackjackson is offline Senior Member
    Good luck and just be glad you made it to the stage.

FireGuy is offline 9/11/2001~343 Never Forget!~E-HOF~RETIRED
    You dont need striations on your glutes to get on stage, especially for your first show. Not many people get striated glutes, alot of people mistake having some separation and fibers dancing around as being striated but there is a huge difference.

Go into the Novice Division and have fun. Most of all find a good posing coach and start practicing EVERY day. There is a correct way to do your mandatories and you dont want to look like an idiot on stage. Learning to pose properly is harder than any diet, cardio, or lifting routing you will ever do.

jackjackson is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by FireGuy1 View Post

Go into the Novice Division and have fun. Most of all find a good posing coach and start practicing EVERY day. There is a correct way to do your mandatories and you dont want to look like an idiot on stage. Learning to pose properly is harder than any diet, cardio, or lifting routing you will ever do.
    I 2nd this, if you cant properly display what you have to the judges your ****ed.
    They have to see you display it they cant imagine it.

yeah, i hear ya guys, i think yes/no daily!!! i'll see what i can come up with.. its hard dieting cause in the summers i do a lot of physical labor so my dieting is wacky(but i still take in good food, just more of it)..

i'm def entering a novice class if i decide to go through... this way i can see if i like doing shows or not.

my posing is okay.. here are some pix from 2 yrs ago, i look a lil bigger now w/ more seperation....

i have other pix too, in which i def look bigger, they were takin later on the same day.. in every photoshot i did i always got harder like 8-9 hrs later, i have to keep that in mind!!!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Maybe doing my first show sep 13th, advice needed-andre-pix-july-2006-018-abs.jpg   Maybe doing my first show sep 13th, advice needed-andre-pix-july-2006-056.jpg  

Welll......it's this weekend, are you doing it?

Welll......it's this weekend, are you doing it?
    hells ya, my trunks dont fit right, so i might have to head to the city tomorrow, my fault! ugh, my posing is "good" not perfect and still no routine.. i had a lot going on, plus vegas two weeks ago..... (ate a lil overboard one night, drank a lil vodka) i'm 162 full of water and food, so i should be ok...

but listening to carb loading, the sources, this that and diuretics, my head is a mess! i had around 150 today mostly sweet potatoes, tomorrow i'm going to try around 100-150 coming from 50% white rice 50% sweet potato...

my glutes could use more shredding, i hope i enjoy doing this on sat so i can diet a lil more and be better, i'll have pix either way sunday or monday, wish me luck!

paulzane is offline Productive Member
    Good luck Jakt ...... Best of British (LUCK) to you!!!

thanx brotha! wish i would say this yesterday or sooner!!!

Guys i took first outta 8!! i couldn't be happier, i was shocked.... they had us out there for 15-20 min, we did mandatories for a bit, they moved me to the middle then switched me once to the left, and after a double bicep pose they put me right back in center... i have to admit i almost lost it psoing, it was so difficult towards the end!!!

show was very long met very cool people... i almost took 1st overall, but the guy who won was a monsta middle weight, guess they were looking at more mass? they has us do madatories again, about 5 min this time to decide (circa 9pm) idk, and its all good to me... everyone was cool... my night routine was ok, but i drank a lil too much wine and made up some weird poses!!! lmao!!!
    i am really sore today and only have a couple pix for now, i can post some really good ones soon as my friend dl's them...
    theres a show next week and i'm prob just gonna watch as i want to get a lil better before i go into open class...
    (BTW i sleep 4 hrs fri night as i had to go to the city from LI and traffic was a nightmare.. i needed my posing trucks, i was in the store 5 min, in the car 6-7 hrs, then shave and tan, bed at 2-230 ugh)

i weighed in at 158 flat 5'7"............... coming down from 185-90.. i'm goin to try to stay around 170lb and under for now....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Maybe doing my first show sep 13th, advice needed-over-all-class-winners-1.jpg   Maybe doing my first show sep 13th, advice needed-inbf-after-show.jpg   Maybe doing my first show sep 13th, advice needed-over-all-class-winners-2.jpg   Maybe doing my first show sep 13th, advice needed-getting-trophy.jpg  
    Last edited by Jakt; 09-14-2008 at 09:24 PM.

Congrats!!!! Great Job!

warchild is offline Knowledgeable Member
    i like your tacoma, what size lift?

Quote Originally Posted by warchild28 View Post
    i like your tacoma, what size lift?
    thanx dude... it has about 11.5.. i may go a lil higher.... its on 38's i'm redoing the entire truck soon..

Congrats!!!! Great Job!
    thank you, its always something i wanted to do and def one of the hardest sports to do... its you against you in this game for sure... i feel like it wasn't even me on saturday.. what an experience though.... i give you guys that do this on a regular basis tons of credit... i never miss the gym, 4-5 times a week yr round i take off for vacations as in vegas and two weeks at the end of the yr to recharge... (you'd think i'd be bigger, lol!) i actually can't wait to hit the gym in a bit...

widowmaker2 is offline Senior Member
    so are you actually all natural? or has vitamin s helped you out??

Quote Originally Posted by fusion600 View Post
    so are you actually all natural? or has vitamin s helped you out??
    nothing at all brotha, i have nothing against it, just not for me, i was 158, and could easily (well not easily) be more shreaded w/ another 3 weeks of diet, but time ran out... arms were 16 inches day of show unpumped, didn't measure anything else, and there were some monsters there that had to b taking stuff, but ya never know

i have been 162 for a couple weeks now, today at the gym i was 170, its all water from carbs and i feel like a rock today..
    i'll have some pics that are X10 better tomorrow or wed.

widowmaker2 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jakt View Post
    nothing at all brotha, i have nothing against it, just not for me, i was 158, and could easily (well not easily) be more shreaded w/ another 3 weeks of diet, but time ran out... arms were 16 inches day of show unpumped, didn't measure anything else, and there were some monsters there that had to b taking stuff, but ya never know

i have been 162 for a couple weeks now, today at the gym i was 170, its all water from carbs and i feel like a rock today..
    i'll have some pics that are X10 better tomorrow or wed.
    nice job bro!! you dont hear/see success stories much like this anymore..i stayed 100% natty till about 26. congratulations on your win..keep it up!!

FallenWyvern is offline Senior Member
    Congrats!

F4iGuy is offline Senior Member
    Nice work. Abs look awesome

i am now 180 lbs and the weight i am gaining is pretty even i can still see my abs too..... this is awesome!

i'm doing around 4000 calories a day and lifting mad, but getting plenty of rest too

warchild is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jakt View Post
    thanx dude... it has about 11.5.. i may go a lil higher.... its on 38's i'm redoing the entire truck soon..
    damn man! solid axles? i got an 05 trd sport w/ 6'' lift and 35 mts. love tacos

Quote Originally Posted by warchild28 View Post
    damn man! solid axles? i got an 05 trd sport w/ 6'' lift and 35 mts. love tacos
    nope all ifs, daily driver, just light trail riding here and there

here are some better pics!!!!
    i am now 190 and arms are 17 inches unpumped... i am eating 4,000 calories a day and lifting a lot more i feel great!!!! everyone likes me bigger, but when i was nice and ripped i felt quicker, lighter better and got much more attention w my shirt off.... i can still see my abs when flexed and the weight is well distributed.... maybe next time i can do less physical work while dieting, i think that is what killed some extra muscle i could have had
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Maybe doing my first show sep 13th, advice needed-l_680a7a3d3e5c216d7f5e9f8c69f48fd6.jpg   Maybe doing my first show sep 13th, advice needed-l_a107cb1c818671ca0c3b988b91ba4a7d.jpg   Maybe doing my first show sep 13th, advice needed-l_f21577d2b33a34767da715663bd7e96f.jpg   Maybe doing my first show sep 13th, advice needed-l_adbef06d8fd9c8ea3f01f90c160aeca0.jpg  
    Last edited by Jakt; 12-06-2008 at 01:12 PM.

nice pics mate you look awesome.. i am entering a comp on the 17 may 09. youve done a great job with your dieting, im yet to sort out what will work for me with my diet, i will be dieting for about 13 weeks. how much cardio were you getting in. well done.

Quote Originally Posted by Lfs2shrt2bsml View Post
    nice pics mate you look awesome.. i am entering a comp on the 17 may 09. youve done a great job with your dieting, im yet to sort out what will work for me with my diet, i will be dieting for about 13 weeks. how much cardio were you getting in. well done.
    thanx man! i was trying to do at least 4-5 times a week, and i mixed up treadmill, bike, stairmaster machine thing...... its such a ental game, but at the end its really cool.... some days you are flat and others pumped.... i would get a digital scale, weight your food and calculate calories, work from there...
    good luck and def post your progress

im not sure how heavy ill come in im 5'11 and 188lb with about 13% bf.. how lean were you before cutting down? and did you drop out all carbs or slowly reduce them. are you gonna keep competing natural.? keep up the good work

Quote Originally Posted by Lfs2shrt2bsml View Post
    im not sure how heavy ill come in im 5'11 and 188lb with about 13% bf.. how lean were you before cutting down? and did you drop out all carbs or slowly reduce them. are you gonna keep competing natural.? keep up the good work
    Well i def will compete natural again and most likely for eva.. only cause i'm about 5'6"-5-7" and i get to 190+ off season, just not cut... for me to go into the next category i would need to be at least 180 shredded (mid weights)... i don't know if i'll ever reach that, but i can keep trying..... i think i have more of chances in light weight.. i usually stay around 165 daily then cutting water got me to 158 for the show..

i gave myself a good 8 weeks to diet (def should have done 15) i dropped the carbs slowly,(started off about 185lbs) but the best rec i can give u is to cut out processed foods whcih make you hold water.. i was drinking water and peeing it out 15 min later, it was crazy! i had a lot of variables that i could not control like landscaping 12 hrs a day at leats 4 days a week plus training... i prob could have kept more muscle... lmk if ya have any other questions and good luck! (if ya count your calories and spread pro through the day, u will melt!

Thread Information