sensaispike is offline Member

Pumping up before the show...

So what do you guys do to pump up before prejudging and the night show? What equipment do you take with you back stage?

Kawigirl is offline Knowledgeable~Female Member
    Most shows will have equipment there for you to pump up.

The only thing I suggest.....is not doing legs. When your not pumping up; I suggest laying low.....maybe listening to your music on a towel...feet up or a just laying down.

Take it easy between shows...your gonna be effin drained.

Take your protan, dream tan...whatever your using along with your muscle sheen, pam....your choices. Sandals.....for walking around in, a dark sweat suit, a large towel, and of course your food for the day.

yea.. I figured not pumping up the legs.... the show i am doing says no tanning products back stage..... so i am not sure what all i can have back stage... i will contact them and find out... thanks for the reply

Quote Originally Posted by sensaispike View Post
    yea.. I figured not pumping up the legs.... the show i am doing says no tanning products back stage..... so i am not sure what all i can have back stage... i will contact them and find out... thanks for the reply
    Than they'll probably have volunteers with products your allowed to use.

Quote Originally Posted by Kawigirl View Post
    OK cool... thanks again.... this is my first show so i want to make sure i have all my bases covered.

Quote Originally Posted by sensaispike View Post
    OK cool... thanks again.... this is my first show so i want to make sure i have all my bases covered.
    Some shows won't let you use certain products..so good thinking contacting them on proper usage. You'll be warned and even marked down using what your not suppose too.

Keep those items in mind I told you....making yourself as comfy as possible. It's going to go fast; but in between categories can be mentally exhausting. Never mind about what other competitors are doing around you......stay focused. It's why I suggest your ipod with your music. Lay down and go through your posing routine visually in your mind to your music. Make friends....and have fun! And when on stage...SMILE! So many guys forget this; and it does make an impression on judges.

Some shows won't let you use certain products..so good thinking contacting them on proper usage. You'll be warned and even marked down using what your not suppose too.

Keep those items in mind I told you....making yourself as comfy as possible. It's going to go fast; but in between categories can be mentally exhausting. Never mind about what other competitors are doing around you......stay focused. It's why I suggest your ipod with your music. Lay down and go through your posing routine visually in your mind to your music. Make friends....and have fun! And when on stage...SMILE! So many guys forget this; and it does make an impression on judges.
    Cool thanks again.... i have really been working on smiling when i pose, i acctually think that is one of the hardest things to do.. haha... i will def try to relax between classes but i bet thats hard to..... i would be worried that if i had my i-pod on that i would not hear them call me and i would miss something. haha... but anyways thanks again...

FireGuy is offline 9/11/2001~343 Never Forget!~E-HOF~RETIRED
    A resistance band works well as does just posing backstage. There are usually 10 competitors for every set of DB's in the pump up room. If you are lucky enough to grab a pair dont let go of them. 15-20lbs ones work best, all you are wanting to do it get some blood in the muscle and bring out some vascularity. Light, squeezing movements and as Kawi mentioned do not pump up your legs.

Biggest mistake I see competitors make is pumping up way too early. Every show I have ever done there are guys back there starting to pump up hours before their class will be going on. Any pump they get will be gone by the time they hit the stage and all they did was deplete more glycogen which is going to cause them to look flatter. 15-20 minutes prior is all you need, plus if you are in a big class you could get worked hard on stage during mandatories for 20 minutes or more. If you shot your load pumping up too much you are going to be dead on stage after the first comparison. I watched many competitors physiques fade during prejudging simply because of this.

hankdiesel is offline Knowledgeable Member
    spray tanning booths backstage are getting popular

Thread Information