takedownII is offline Member

carb deplete/load

I plan on depleting carbs the sunday before my saturday show, and plan on loading the carbs wed before the show

my question:

what kind of carbs are best for loading, high glycemic or low, or does it depend on what day i'm on it relation to the show?

also, any help on what to do for eating on the day of the show in terms of what and when?

please tell me why too because i would like to understand how this is going to work.

Thanks!

tkdwnII

FireGuy is offline 9/11/2001~343 Never Forget!~E-HOF~RETIRED
    There are hundreds of variations on this aspect of contest preparation and even giving a synopsis of all of them would take a few pages of writing. Personally I prefer carbing up on the same foods I have been dieting on so for me it's low glycemic carbs. What you eat on the day of the show is almost entirely dependant upon how you look on the morning.

could you explain more about what you eat the day of the show? i read about people eating snickers and cookies, pizza, you've heard all of the stuff, would you reccomend that stuff to get carbs in quicker?

and an off subject question, what do you do if you feel like you "spill over" carbs?

thanks for trying to help fire

FireGuy is offline 9/11/2001~343 Never Forget!~E-HOF~RETIRED
    Some people like to "shitload" and eat the foods you mentioned. MikeXXL has a very good sticky on it in this forum. If i were to eat like that the morning of the show after eating clean for 16 weeks I would be too sick to my stomach to got through prejudging. It does work for some people. I eat just plain ole sweet potatoes the morning of. If you carb up correctly you really shouldnt need to get the carbs in "quicker". If you spill over you can always do some cardio or hard posing sessions to try and get your look back. Spilling usually occurs due to excess fats/carbs and water. If you are dry it is much harder to spill. Timing is everything the last 96 hours.

ok thanks for your time bro

Thread Information