Anaval is offline Junior Member

Hydration and Muscle Pump for Shoot

I also posted this in the members forum...

This is primarily directed towards fireguy but anyone else is more than welcome to chime in.

My photoshoot is rapidly approaching and I think I have my prep down (for the most part). The only thing I am still unsure of is what to do the morning of.

I have decided to take fireguy's advice and continue with my carb cycling and wont manipulate carbs. I'm timing it so I have the shoot the morning after my high carb day. I have also decided to cut water late the night before (8 or 9pm) as usual. Typically I will wake up around 6am and I am ripped to my satisfaction but a little small. I drink a litre of water, do my cardio, have my oats and egg whites and then I am filled out again with a little definition lost. I also get massive pumps.

My question is...if I cut water and don't have any water until the shoot (10 am) will I still be able to pump up effectively? I know that if I have between 1 and 2 cups of water with my carbs I will have no problem. But I also want to come in dry. What would you do? The last thing I want to happen is to come in small and not be able to do anything about it.

Thanks for any help!

hankdiesel is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I would not do cardio the morning of and have 1-2oz of water with your 1st meal that day.

Quote Originally Posted by hankdiesel
    I would not do cardio the morning of and have 1-2oz of water with your 1st meal that day.
    That little eh? (<Canadian).

FireGuy is offline 9/11/2001~343 Never Forget!~E-HOF~RETIRED
    You'll still have plenty of water in your system to get a decent pump.

Quote Originally Posted by FireGuy View Post
    You'll still have plenty of water in your system to get a decent pump.
    ok cool. what do you recommend eating on the morning of and 30 mins before the shoot? I was thinking either high complex carbs and protein or some fat loading. I wont be taking in any extra water, but since I still have plenty of water in me would fat loading be too risky?

E.g. 6:30am - 6oz sweet potato, 4 oz. chicken
    8:30am- 40g dry steel cut oats, 4 oz. chicken
    10:00am- peanut butter? pizza? not sure whats best here. my usual preworkout is 6oz sweet potato, 4 oz. chicken

FireGuy is offline 9/11/2001~343 Never Forget!~E-HOF~RETIRED
    Just do what you normally do when you say you are looking the best. If you got a week or two before the shoot make a practice run and add in a few more carbs or fats and see what effect it has on your look.

Quote Originally Posted by FireGuy
    Just do what you normally do when you say you are looking the best. If you got a week or two before the shoot make a practice run and add in a few more carbs or fats and see what effect it has on your look.
    The problem is I look best in the late afternoon and the shoot is in the am

Thread Information