Socio is offline Associate Member

Sodium Intake For Show. Vets Please!

Hi guys i havent posted here for over a year, quick question though
    im competing in my 1st show in 3 weeks, im a 20yr old jnr, and am at 5.9% bodyfat (only using test prop and clen , starting winny in 2 weeks i live in australia and cant get much) am around 190lbs and 5'8...... now as for my question .... my body loves to hold onto water .. i dont feel 6% bf even though its been accuratley tested ... i have alot of sodium in my diet using condiments on all meals (low carb/no carb sauces etc) now i plan on cutting my sodium down as low as possible around the tuesday before the show ... i think my sodium is arnd 4000mgs a day atm, is this too much ... and i was also thinking of doing a test run and dropping my sodium next week for 3-5 days to see how long it takes my body to get rid of the water ... sorry if this all sounds confusing but im a perfectionist and want this show to go the best it can be... i will post pics as soon as i take some on a digi cam ... thank you guys. I also drink around 3-4 litres water daily and have 1 or 2 pepsi max drinks (1.2ltr total ED)

silverfox is offline Retired Moderator
    Drop the pepsi for sure. Normally you cut sodium down tues-sat before show. However i don't beleive you should go zero. You need some sodium for muscles to contract correctly(and other minerials)

Socio is offline Associate Member
    well the pepsi is obviously sugar free it contains no cals......
    still drop ?

bigsd67 is offline Anabolic Member
    make sure you are drinking 2 gallons of water per day...until you have to water deplete. also there is a really good article on www.t-mag.com by Swole Cat called "7 days to ultimate leanness" go on that site and look it up, it's all about the last week of dieting for a contest...if you cant find it then PM Swole and I'm sure he will give you the link for the article.

silverfox is offline Retired Moderator
    SOme guys will hold water from sweaters.

Thread Information