spoon69 is offline Associate Member

not new to training very new to bodybuilding

So I've been a athlete my whole life but its been all endurance sports. im 28 now and to the point where my prime for my type of sport is over. i have great genetics and am a trainer so i am not New to the lifestyle and i was very good at my sport competitively.
    So now im turning the page in my fitness lifes work and i am going to bb and im going to do it well.
    Im on my first cycle and i have changed my training and diet and i am researching.
    If any of the experienced guys who compete could give me advice that would be great.
    I already have met and have learned from so many great people on here and i am eager to keep learning.

Razor is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by spoon69
    So I've been a athlete my whole life but its been all endurance sports. im 28 now and to the point where my prime for my type of sport is over. i have great genetics and am a trainer so i am not New to the lifestyle and i was very good at my sport competitively.
    So now im turning the page in my fitness lifes work and i am going to bb and im going to do it well.
    Im on my first cycle and i have changed my training and diet and i am researching.
    If any of the experienced guys who compete could give me advice that would be great.
    I already have met and have learned from so many great people on here and i am eager to keep learning.
    Well your looking pretty good already, what's your current stats and future goals and current cycle?

My stats are
    6'0 188 28 Bf%11 estimate
    my future goals are to be ready to compete in max 3 years but i would like to be ready in 1 and a half.
    Im on my first cycle right now that pic is recent but before cycle.
    Im running 600mg test 400 a week (150mg e 150mg cyp 100mg prop) week 1-2
    400mg test e 200mg test 400 a week 2-12
    75mg ed anavar weeks 2-10
    Ai hole cycle (liquidex)
    Hcg 500iu twice a week last five weeks
    pct clomid/nova
    cals 3518
    Macros 332/335/98 i don't have the actual numbers on me for macros but that is close.

Razor is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by spoon69
    My stats are
    6'0 188 28 Bf%11 estimate
    my future goals are to be ready to compete in max 3 years but i would like to be ready in 1 and a half.
    Im on my first cycle right now that pic is recent but before cycle.
    Im running 600mg test 400 a week (150mg e 150mg cyp 100mg prop) week 1-2
    400mg test e 200mg test 400 a week 2-12
    75mg ed anavar weeks 2-10
    Ai hole cycle (liquidex)
    Hcg 500iu twice a week last five weeks
    pct clomid/nova
    cals 3518
    Macros 332/335/98 i don't have the actual numbers on me for macros but that is close.
    Your on the right track, have any comps under your belt? Good job on the bf%
    Last edited by Razor; 07-09-2012 at 11:17 PM.

No not yet. I don't even know where to start lol.

bigZthedestroyer is offline Anabolic Member~Recognized Member Winner - $100
    you should look for a show coming up that would give you enough time to prep for it and get your feet wet. Ive only done 1 show so far and that was in July of 2010. Since then I've learned a lot and made some solid gains..Ive learned a lot about myself since then. What are your goals for competing as in stats/class?

I really don't.know a lot about the sport yet. i am constantly researching though. i think i would do well at about 190 to 200. I am trying.to find shows in my area but have had little luck so far. i live in Maine by the way. my diet and cycle are on point so now i am looking more into the sport.
    What is the first thing i should study?

I think one of the most important things to start working on now, is posing. You can never study/practice enough posing. I thought I had my posing down, but when I was on stage everything happened so fast. I think I definitley didn't perform my poses like I could before being on stage. Im pretty sure it cost me a place or 2..

Ok are there any good threads describing poses?

Bodybuilding.com has some pretty good links for posing. I'm on my phone right now, but as soon as I can get back to my computer I'll see if I can find some links and post them on here for you.

Thanks that would be great.

hankdiesel is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Next time leave the var alone. You need more size at 6 ft tall. It's going to take a few years to do that then start dieting for your first show. At your height you'll have to be at least a hw to be competitive and that class is 198-225lbs. Save the anavar for when it's time to diet down. Bob Cicherillo has some good posing videos on youtube.

So pretty much just bulk bulk bulk for the next few years then cut for show. im going to finish this cycle the way it is just because it changed and was a mess for ever so being my first im running it through and then bulk bulk bulk it is lol. i still am bulking now though just won't be as effective with the var i guess.
    so after this cycle i should stick with just test for my bulks ? Or should i ad anything with it next cycle?

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/pose.htm

here is one guide that runs through the poses. once your on the link you can browse around and come across several more..sorry it took so long to get back to you.

No problem I've been really busy anyways. thanks for.the.help i will check the thread out today.

Capebuffalo is offline - MONITOR -
    Spoon this is a great book. You need to own it. I endorse it.
    http://www.amazon.com/dp/0684857219/..._df_0684857219

Thread Information