bradhore is offline Member

Question For Pro BB's Cutting...

When its 12-16weeks before your contest, obviously i know how to adjust diet, but i was wondering if you do cardio?
    If so WHEN do you do it, straight after workout? or on seperate days?
    Also, what sort of cardio do you do, light/moderate/high intensity?

Its just ive heard rumours that if you do high intensity you burn muscle aswell as fat, and obvously i dont want to lose any muscle at all!!

bigZthedestroyer is offline Anabolic Member~Recognized Member Winner - $100
    During my first prep I did cardio everyday. I went anywhere from 30 min to 1.5 hours, I usually mixed it up between the stepmill and treadmill on an incline. I think I stuck around the speed of 3.8ish mph on the treadmill. MOst of the time I would do it at the end of a workout. I would say listen to your body on it. One way may work better for you then another.

I was nervous about it leading up to the show. I kept thinking I wasnt doing enough and that I wasnt going to be lean enough but I came in pretty shredded. Do you have a show lined up soon?

mockery is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    I just had this discussion with a pro yesterday. His advice for what works for HIM is that his cardio countinues to increase to cover the ability to get lean when his calories are as low as he can let them to survive. The cardio increases untill is problem fat spots or weakest muscle starts to pop then he knows he ready to go. He has said that sometimes his cardio is so much untill that final bit of fat comes off. Its about finding out how your body responds to those final week just before the show.

thought id share this since its fresh on teh brain,

bradhore is offline Member
    No i dont have a contest soon, but i would really like to shead 1 stone of bf and see what i look like, then take it from there.. My question is, shall i do low ir high intensity?? There has been a massive debate about this for years but i wanted to finally find out the truth, im quite capable of doing high intensity but really dont want to burn muscle tissue. Sayin that, ive never seen pro bb's running on a treadmill, usually see them walkin (low intensity)...

I don't have a clear answer for you but I have seen some top level competitors mix up their cardio. Low and high. I think all comes down to what works better for you. Antoine Vaillant is about to compete in the Canadian Nationals this weekend and has a good shot at turning pro. He does a lot of HIIT cardio. Check out his vids on YouTube. I think there's one with him running sleds and doing sprints and various others.

mockery is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    it will be a big upset if he doesnt win this year. And would suck for Richy chan next year at nationals cause he already has 30-40 lbs on richy...

Quote Originally Posted by mockery View Post
    it will be a big upset if he doesnt win this year. And would suck for Richy chan next year at nationals cause he already has 30-40 lbs on richy...
    Yeah it would. I'm Pulling for the guy. He looked dialed in in his most recent pics.

Jonnyg419 is offline Member
    Why not do low, med, and high intensity at different times of the week. No need to confine yourself to one type.

Thread Information