Wreckonize is offline New Member

Really need some help getting back on track.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo.JPG 
Views:	2192 
Size:	137.6 KB 
ID:	128008<------ Me 120Lbs 5'5 6 months ago.. Im the same height but gained 5 lbs no body fat. I've gained about 1in maybe a bit more on arms. bigger shoulders and a wayyyy bigger chest.

Aye what's good guys, I'm new here but uh...

Really just needed some help, I am 17 I weigh 125, Very low body weight I need to bulk, I feel like I'm no longer making gains...
    My strength is platueing, I bench 165.... A bit more than my body weight.

It's really hard for me to bulk, I'm only 17 and behind in school so I don't really have time for a job. I barely have time for the gym.

I've tried gaining weight so many times, at the moment my diet is about this...

Bowl of Oatmeal + Scoop of protein powder for morning meal...
    About two hours later I eat 4-6 egg whites, and wheat toast.
    About 2-3 hours later I eat Chicken Breast / Glass of milk, Pasta.
    Hit the Gym, I'm in there for about 2 hours ( I work out with my brother so it takes longer)
    Right after the gym, I either eat more chicken, either Breast / Thigh's... Or a turkey sandwich...
    I get home then when I'm feeling up to it drink a protein shake...
    Dinner roll's around I eat Chicken breast with veggies, sort of a stir fry... Or with Rice...
    I eat about 2 Hard boiled eggs before bed...

My gym routine is a bit weird, my brother has back problems so I do what he does and this is the routine.

Start, Bench 3 Sets Warm up with 2 45 plates.... Add 10 plates to each side then 5 plates...
    Move on to Chest press 100 lbs for about 15 reps... 120 lbs for about 12 reps 130 lbs for 8 reps.
    Move to Back, Do row's 3 sets... About 100 Lbs to 120 then 130 or 140 lbs. 15/12/8
    Move to shoulder press. 40 lb dumbells. 12 reps about... Then 45's for 10 then 50's for 8.
    Do pull ups... 3 Sets.
    Do Cable Curls/Preacher Curls/barbell curls
    Then Weighted dips / Skull crusher's / pull downs...

I do this routine every other day. So monday/wed/fri/sun
    Then inbetween.. I do legs... Squats / weighted lunges.
    I slack on legs... Should probably step that up..

I miss a lot of gym days because my brother either won't want to go, or has to work.
    I don't have my license, so Kinda slacking on my part I shold be doing work outs at home...
    However when I hit the gym I hit very hard.
    I burn a lot of calories I believe, but I just can't gain weight.
    I really don't have extra moneys for supplements.. I can barely afford food honestly my diet is pretty poor considering most the time I won't have half the foods I listed...

Do you think it's because of Diet?
    or lack of protein... Maybe It's just harder for me to gain weight..
    What can I do? Does this sport really cost a lot of money? I've been working out for about 2 years... 1 Year seriously.
    I really can't get a job at the moment... School's a bit to important and I'm barely keeping up. I've been looking around for jobs around the nieghbor hood ect to see if I can work for money..
    My brother and his wife eat out constantly... Never any food in the house.. When there is I make great meals and am on point, but it goes quickly.

I'm just trying my hardest... Oh and I noticed this was a Steroid forum..
    I don't plan on using roids till I'm atleast 24+ just love reading about peoples results and researching on it so when the time comes year's down the road if I do decide to take them, I'll be prepared.

Just really any suggestions or tips would be great. Maybe I need to change my work out schedule?
    I've tried a split program but I always leave the gym feeling I can do more, even if I hit the parts that I selected for the day as hard as they can.
    Last edited by Wreckonize; 10-18-2012 at 09:11 PM.

cherrydrpepper is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    Great base to build on. I weighed the same at your age but was not as lean. I am not good at buying food on a budget. That is something I am working on. I can tell you this you are being held back by not eating enough food. Its really fun and exciting to talk about splits and muscle groups and exercises. I spent the first 10 years of my lifting doing that junk. I shouldn't say that as I learned a lot but you know what I really learned after 10 years is that I could have put on twice as much muscle by getting serious about eating at your age. I could be a monster and instead I came in at 195 the other day. I am no longer a little 125 lb guy but a lot of time has also gone by. So you know, have your fun, hop around this forum and videos on youtube and learn all the tricks to a six pack and making your bicep peaks jump and bringing up pecs and all that. Thats all good and well but if you really want to shock people with how big and muscular you can get you have to go straight to diet. I'm telling you this from my own experience.

My advice is to pick the cleanest good food you can eat that you enjoy. I tried chicken and fish and hated them. What I have been doing a lot lately is thin cut sirloin steak with rice. I do this 2-3 meals a day. I cooked the steaks all on a Saturday. Then I cut the steaks to portion size. Then I stack them into a tupperware container like pancakes. When it is time for a meal, I pull a steak out and heat it up. The rice I cooked a big pan of while I was going through these steaks (brown rice is best). I divvy the rice up into individual meal portions.. still working on this right now using multiple containers (I Love how the steaks stack and wish I could do something with the rice). If you are not sure how many calories to eat there are calculators online and threads about it.

My advice to you young man is don't make my mistake. I could preacher curl a 25 plate on each side of the bar at your age for 10 or 12 reps at ~120 lbs. I got a lot of props for lifts like that that were big for someone that size. But what I wish I had known was a lot of that energy, that hard work egging out one more rep, was not being converted into my body because the diet was just not there.

Good luck

Thanks a lot fpr replying nice to see friendly people on this forum.
    Yeah im trying to maintain a diet... Right now im usibg so much milk lol protein carbs... Oatmeal is a food i eat cOnstantly cheap and hit my macros. Im just going to lift hard as i can eat what i can. Do you use gear? Just curious guh im gonna be like arnold at the least one day(:

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Wreckonize View Post
    Thanks a lot fpr replying nice to see friendly people on this forum.
    Yeah im trying to maintain a diet... Right now im usibg so much milk lol protein carbs... Oatmeal is a food i eat cOnstantly cheap and hit my macros. Im just going to lift hard as i can eat what i can. Do you use gear? Just curious guh im gonna be like arnold at the least one day(:
    Well I'm 31 so its a different ball game for me. Still single and no kids so I can relate with a lot of how your brain thinks probably. At 17 really everyone on this forum is going to recommend you do not juice for a wide variety of reasons. First at your age you have a lot more natural testosterone going than someone my age or older. Second you probably are not maximizing the gains that you can get naturally with a spot on diet and safe but progressive lifting. There are also some dangers involved - using at young age can shut down your natural hpta production, lead to erectile disfunction, speed up balding, give you bitch tits if not careful about estrogen levels, fuse your growth plates so you don't grow as tall as you would have, lower your sperm count and lead to not being able to have kids later in life, mess up your natural testosterone production so you have to stick needles in yourself (TRT testosterone replacement therapy) the rest of your life to name some of the issues.

I cooked some steak the other day best steak i've ever made heres what I did:

Buy 2-3 lbs of "flank steak" they sell it at publix and whatnot
    Cut it into 4 ounce pieces a little bigger than a deck of cards
    Toss the pieces in a bag that contains black pepper, garlic powder, coriander, thyme, cumin
    Put the pieces back in the fridge and turn the oven on to Broil - High setting
    Set timer for 45 minutes while oven preheats
    Get a pan out and line it with foil
    Put the pieces of steak in the pan and put in oven for 5 minutes then take out turn pieces over and cook another 5 minutes

Best tasting steak out of oven you will ever have in your life. I enjoyed it more than my iron skillet steak. Once you are done cooking, put some steak in fridge, eat some that day, put some in freezer. Flank steak 4 ounces - 25 grams protein, 168 regular calories and 60 calories fat.

While oven is still hot turn off Broil setting and turn to 350 degrees. Put a bunch of sweet potatoes in newly foiled pan. Stick a knife in each one to vent to avoid potato explosion. Cook at 350 for 40 minutes. My sweet potatoes came out a little dry last time doing this I think some people brush them with olive oil to make them more moist I dunno I will have to investigate. Sweet potato 1 average potato - 20 grams of carbs, 2 grams protein, 105 calories no fat calories.

Pretty sure i said it earlier. Im not planning to juice in any way shape or form till im atleast 23+ years of age so udnt have to worry im just curious if you use it if u use inject or by mouth and like what you feel? Is it instant i tried looking on forums couldnt find a direct answer anyways is it an instant feeling? I have anxiety ftom a drug overdose when i was younger so i have a hard time with stuff like that. I had an anxiety attack first time i tried pre work out but now im fine i can take any pre work out and im good. So by the time i take juice im sure ill be fine but id rather know what to expect

Brick is offline Member
    I know you must love your brother and all but he's holding you back in the gym. Don't do that routine anymore. You don't need to bench 4 times a week. Look up starting strength. It is a great program and it will teach you about progressive over load and periodization. Also if you work out. 5-6 times a week for 2 hours that 10-12 hours a week. Go to the gym. Warm up. Get your shit fvcking done. Dont wait for people to be done with equipment. Ask them if you can set in. Someone's dilly dallying with the 25lb dumbbells? Grab the 30s and do them to your fullest! Make every rep count, don't swing the weights during curls.don't focus on how many reps focus on how much those reps count. Hard, intense, muscle tearing reps. Feel it in the muscle! If you do your workout in 45-60min you're saving 5-6 hours a week. Thats enough hours to get a part time job for every sat. At minimum wage ($8,$9,$10) that's like $160+ a month

Eat more. Plain and simple. Go bag a big bag of brown rice. Cook that shit up eat it!

Blog Entries
    Pretty sure i said it earlier. Im not planning to juice in any way shape or form till im atleast 23+ years of age so udnt have to worry im just curious if you use it if u use inject or by mouth and like what you feel? Is it instant i tried looking on forums couldnt find a direct answer anyways is it an instant feeling? I have anxiety ftom a drug overdose when i was younger so i have a hard time with stuff like that. I had an anxiety attack first time i tried pre work out but now im fine i can take any pre work out and im good. So by the time i take juice im sure ill be fine but id rather know what to expect
    Theres some stuff you need to take by mouth after doing juice that tastes like cough syrup or mouth wash to help your hormones and natural testosterone production get back in balance. I have very bad anxiety around a certain phobia I prefer to not throw out there so I feel your pain. Most people one of the bigger obstacles to doing juice will be injecting it which you have to do to get real results. In terms of your workout, I recommend doing "prehab" exercises for your rotator cuffs at least a couple days a week so you can avoid a lot of misery and pain.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucka View Post
    Eat more. Plain and simple. Go bag a big bag of brown rice. Cook that shit up eat it!
    Yeah this is gold. With your age and weight and how lean you are i'd say you are leaving muscle gains on the table simply by not eating enough.

Cherrydrpepper can you email me?

Blog Entries
    Cherrydrpepper can you email me?
    Wreck send me email at [email protected]

I can talk to you on here as well im on everyday

Still waiting for administrator to activate my account or Iwould.

I emailed you though.

Thread Information