Dexter is offline Junior Member

4 day routine help

My name is Dexter and I am planning to join the online comp being run in the lounge. I am looking for some suggestions for a simple yet effective routine to utilize 4 days per week with Sat. and Sun. being off days! I am planning to cut fat during this comp but also want to add as much muscle as I can in the 3 month time period. Thank you for any assistance in advance.

bigZthedestroyer is offline Anabolic Member~Recognized Member Winner - $100
    Quote Originally Posted by Dexter
    My name is Dexter and I am planning to join the online comp being run in the lounge. I am looking for some suggestions for a simple yet effective routine to utilize 4 days per week with Sat. and Sun. being off days! I am planning to cut fat during this comp but also want to add as much muscle as I can in the 3 month time period. Thank you for any assistance in advance.
    What's your current training routine look like now? What are your stats? Are you planning on competing natural or not?

Quote Originally Posted by bigZthedestroyer View Post
    What's your current training routine look like now? What are your stats? Are you planning on competing natural or not?
    Currently it rather spuratic I suppose you could say. Normally working 2 muscle groups together utilizing mainly compound excersises. Tradtional back/bi's, chest tri's, legs and shoulders normally. I try to hit the smaller muscles twice per week and normally Mon-Fri. Stats: 5'11" 238 lbs at approx. 25% BF working on the BF% part as we speak.

baseline_9 is offline The Transformer ~VET~Recognized Staff Winner - $100
    Well there is loads you could choose from to do but really at 25% Bf my main goal would be to drop that fat....

I'd follow an upper/lower split.... Utilising only big compound lifts in the 8-12 rep range to burn as many calories as possible

Upper body twice a week, lower body twice a week
    Don't be a 'Bro'..... Believe nothing....Question everything

Baseline - Working to phase out this generation of Bro-Scientists

Stop over thinking nutrition - If you want something to think about download Myfitnesspal and learn how to count macros

Quote Originally Posted by baseline_9 View Post
    Well there is loads you could choose from to do but really at 25% Bf my main goal would be to drop that fat....

I'd follow an upper/lower split.... Utilising only big compound lifts in the 8-12 rep range to burn as many calories as possible

Would you be willing to give me an example of the lifts that you would utilize. So an example split would be upper/lower/off/upper/lower/off/off????

Yeh that example is fine....

Squats, deals, SLDL, front squats, leg press, hack squat

Pull ups, chin ups, pull downs, pull overs, rows, any presses

Stop over thinking nutrition - If you want something to think about download Myfitnesspal and learn how to count macros

Check this out.... Some of my info in there may be out of date but I've not had time to update it... It should be ok tho

http://forums.steroid.com/showthread...e#.UT_ITYwgGSN

Just skimmed the first post but the hypertrophy routine seems like exactly what I am looking for. I will read this in great detail later. Thank you!

bigZthedestroyer is offline Anabolic Member~Recognized Member Winner - $100
    Quote Originally Posted by baseline_9

I agree with baseline here. Make sure you are working on that diet just as hard. Make those changes and say bye bye body fat!

erectz is offline New Member
    have you read about GM diet program?

Thread Information