Thread: final week

hankdiesel is offline Knowledgeable Member

final week

Okay Boys. I'm going to try and make this as brief as possible. Last Sat I did my 9th bodybuilding contest and I looked my best by far. I looked full, dry, and hard several weeks out. I decided I would change nothing. The final week I didn't carb deplete, carb load, or play around with sodium. Throughout the prep I had 2 low carb days a week, Sun and Wed. Those were my 2 non-weight training days. I did the same thing the final week. The other days my carbs were fairly high, around 300 grams. I lifted hard and heavy Mon and Tues. Thurs and Friday I just did "pump up" workouts trying to help push the glycogen into the muscle.

I cut water Friday night at about 5 p.m. I took a half dyazide at 8:00 and then another half at 12:00. "Supplements" stayed the same throughout. I cut out nothing. I wasn't holding much water to begin with so I figured why bother. I have often looked better a week out like I think a lot of us have and then screwed it up by doing a bunch of things to try and make myself look better.

I know there are many, many, ways to do things but I have found that less is definitely more. My last several shows I did less and less the final week and this time I basically changed nothing. I've won my open class 4 times and took the overall twice. Like I said though, I looked my all time best and placed 2nd out of 20 in one of the biggest regional shows in the country.

itsjayman02 is offline Member
    Keep up the good work!!

hankdiesel is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Thanks bro. I'm just trying to get the word out. There are many myths out there about contest prep and IMO there are a lot about the final week. Don't get me wrong, there are some ways to "peak" but a lot of it is risky. I've tried it all.

OnTheSauce is offline Banned
    good stuff bro! Def good to get the info out there from personal experience. ive read so many crazy protocols

Thread Information