Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By BG

Thread: Anyone compete in something other than NPC?

Until_It_Sleeps is offline Female Member

Anyone compete in something other than NPC?

Since NPC is getting away from women's bodybuilding in favor of women's physique, in which I have no interest, I've been looking for other federations that have actual BODYBUILDING but that are, of course, not tested. Is the NPC/IFBB the only federation that does not test?

(I don't want to try and beat a test...I can respect another org's rules around that.)

bigZthedestroyer is offline Anabolic Member~Recognized Member Winner - $100
    I can't think of any other then natural organizations. Are you in the states? Canada has one that I believe is and IFBB affiliate. I'm not sure if they are following the same trend though. It's a shame they are pushing more towards physique.

Yeah, I'm in the states. Stupid small people taking over everything!

I just stumbled across a newer organization that started in 2011. It's the American Bodybuilding and Fitness Federation. I think it's only n 7 states right now and they offer cash prizes..I'm not sure what divisions are offered.
    Last edited by bigZthedestroyer; 11-10-2012 at 03:41 PM.

Sent them an e-mail. The look of the cash winners leads me to believe they are natural... but will check it out anyway.

Awesome! Best of luck. How long have you been competing?

Only 3 years...I just started to get good last year. Way too soon for me to quit just because the NPC don't like me no mo.

My coach is really pushing me to go natural and switch to physique...says it's my only chance at going anywhere in this sport because women's bodybuilding is going to slowly die off. But this is just a hobby to me; I never intended to go pro or try to make a living at it. So I have no desire to receive awards for having a body that I don't want. I just don't like standing on stage with only one or two other women; I want something truly competitive.

Quote Originally Posted by Until_It_Sleeps
    Only 3 years...I just started to get good last year. Way too soon for me to quit just because the NPC don't like me no mo.

My coach is really pushing me to go natural and switch to physique...says it's my only chance at going anywhere in this sport because women's bodybuilding is going to slowly die off. But this is just a hobby to me; I never intended to go pro or try to make a living at it. So I have no desire to receive awards for having a body that I don't want. I just don't like standing on stage with only one or two other women; I want something truly competitive.
    Nice. From what I can see in your avi and from the back shot you posted in the lounge you look solid. Great build!

If you enjoy it, stick with it. Looks like your good at what you do. I wish there way a way to kick up the popularity of bodybuilding (men and women) like it was in the early days! Maybe one day?!

If its alright with you, I may pick your brain from time to time about AAS use for women. My girlfriend has become very interested in it and wants to eventually cycle with me..I'm trying to talk her ini doing a couples routine haha!

Couples' routines look gay!

Lol! I think we could take cheesy to a new level hah

Pick a Vanilla Ice song, or maybe New Kids on the Block "The Right Stuff" or "Step By Step."

Pick a Vanilla Ice song, or maybe New Kids on the Block "The Right Stuff" or "Step By Step."
    LMAO..I better win the overall so no one talks crap

Well I emailed that ABFF and asked if I could have a copy of their rules and regs, and they said "What specific things did you want to know?" I asked if their shows were natural, and he replied "Are any shows truly natural?" Uh...ok. So I wrote back and asked if they were tested. I think he's pretending not to know what I'm getting at.

Why kind of response is that? If your associated with bodybuilding you know exactly what that means! Sounds like a douche. If they are tested, I bet he includes criteria for cheating in his reply. Haha

His response: "The ones that were tested, people beat the test or it was random. Don't let this discourage you."

WTF??!! I guess I'll wait until the contest schedule comes out and then get an official list of rules from just about anybody else.

His response: "The ones that were tested, people beat the test or it was random. Don't let this discourage you."

WTF??!! I guess I'll wait until the contest schedule comes out and then get an official list of rules from just about anybody else.
    Wow, good luck with that.

surferbrent87 is offline New Member
    The NPC isnt trying to get away from womens bodybuilding. There just arent many girls who want to get "that big" in their words. So they had women a little to big trying to do figure and women a little to small trying to do bodybuilding, so they created a class inbetween, well for that and the money. They really added mens physuiqe and probably womens physuiqe for the extra cash, look how many mens physuiqe competitors there are at each show now, its usually the biggest class, so look at all those extra entree fee, plus extra ticket sales for friends and family coming to watch, they are banking. If that is you in your avi you should have no problem making it to the national level, you will have TONS of compitetion there. thats your best bet imo.

BG
    BG is offline The Real Deal - AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Until_It_Sleeps View Post
    Yeah, I'm in the states. Stupid small people taking over everything!
    Amen sister!!!

Wussies thar don't do legs making the shows sooooooo much longer then the should!
    Hydrokracker likes this.

Disclaimer-BG is presenting fictitious opinions and does in no way encourage nor condone the use of any illegal substances.
    The information discussed is strictly for entertainment purposes only.

Everything was impossible until somebody did it!

I've got 99 problems......but my squat/dead ain't one !!

It doesnt matter how good looking she is, some where, some one is tired of her shit.

Light travels faster then sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Great place to start researching ! http://forums.steroid.com/anabolic-s...-database.html

Quote Originally Posted by BG
    Amen sister!!!

Wussies thar don't do legs making the shows sooooooo much longer then the should!
    Haha I second this motion

At one show I attended, I was seated by a couple of those loudmouth douchebags who think they know everything about bodybuilding and have to make annoying comments about every competitor, and when the first Men's Physique class got on stage they yelled, "What the hell is this supposed to be?"

My coach calls it "Men's Bikini."

Hydrokracker is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Until_It_Sleeps View Post
    At one show I attended, I was seated by a couple of those loudmouth douchebags who think they know everything about bodybuilding and have to make annoying comments about every competitor, and when the first Men's Physique class got on stage they yelled, "What the hell is this supposed to be?"

My coach calls it "Men's Bikini."
    that's every show now.....and I have been calling it men's bikini since day one!

ChestNBack is offline Associate Member
    lol @men's bikini

Far from massive is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Hey not everyone can have the genetics or desire to compete in bodybuilding. I know many who are involved in both bodybuilding as well as promotion and believe me without the non body building classes you would have very few shows if any to compete in. So while it may be boring as shit to see 20 variations of women's, non bodybuilding classes as well as the board short boys keep in mind this is... what's paying the bills these days.

Also, I would think a female bodybuilder of all people would be open minded enough to respect others desires to compete.

As far as mens bikini...last I saw the mens bodybuilding "Posing Straps" were more along the lines of a bikini than any board shorts.

PS As this is where I will be stuck competing (mens physique) I really do hate that its a calves only class with no emphasis on anything above the knee, no posing etc. But it is what it is and I am happy to have a place to compete.
    Last edited by Far from massive; 07-04-2013 at 10:12 AM.

Thread Information