Results 1 to 28 of 28
Like Tree6Likes
  • 1 Post By Giggle
  • 1 Post By Giggle
  • 1 Post By Giggle
  • 1 Post By Giggle
  • 1 Post By Mp859
  • 1 Post By Giggle

Thread: Giggle's Prep Log

  1. #1
    Giggle's Avatar
    Giggle is offline Female Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Guess
    Posts
    837

    Giggle's Prep Log

    Hi All -
    You may remember me, but for those who do not, I needed to get back in shape - so for the last year I've worked hard to get my lean mass back. After MUCH advice from the best (and the biggest) on this Board - I did manage to put back on some size and lean out at the same time!!

    For a next step, I've decided to do another bodybuilding show in the new Women's Physique category. So excited to give this a go - I was always too small to be a FBB, but I love the competition and the prep. I've been dieting slowly off and on since the beginning of the year, but more seriously for the last 10 weeks.
    Training is tough - six days a week, high volume and heavy weights. Also extra abs and calves on top of cardio and posing. And a nutrition plan that accounts for every bite of food.
    Whether you are talking about diet, cardio, or training "There is NO cheating in competitive bodybuilding!"
    Six weeks left to make some nice changes - hoping to keep a little muscle and lean out some more.
    I hope you'll follow along and offer encouragement if I get tired near the end haha. Giggle's Prep Log-2014-08-15-20.20.20_resized-delts.png
    I'm really happy with the way my shoulders are looking these days.
    calfmuscle555 likes this.

  2. #2
    JinAustin's Avatar
    JinAustin is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    58
    Kill it!
    Training/dieting can suck but so does losing :P
    Stay focused!

  3. #3
    Mp859's Avatar
    Mp859 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    2,445
    In!! Looking lean and mean.

  4. #4
    MIKE_XXL's Avatar
    MIKE_XXL is offline SCAMMER
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    4,335
    Best of luck...keep us posted...i will be making my return in November start dieting monday, can not wait...keep us all inspired...

  5. #5
    Cuz's Avatar
    Cuz
    Cuz is online now Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    No source checks
    Posts
    6,503
    Good to see you back!

  6. #6
    Back In Black's Avatar
    Back In Black is offline Beach Bodybuilder ~Elite-Hall of Fame~
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Blighty
    Posts
    17,186
    Best of luck Giggle looking forward to this. Hope you get time to keep it updated.
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

  7. #7
    Giggle's Avatar
    Giggle is offline Female Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Guess
    Posts
    837
    Right you are - no one is going to out-diet or out-cardio me... even if it does stink!
    I like that "Stay focused" That 's what my coach says too.

  8. #8
    Giggle's Avatar
    Giggle is offline Female Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Guess
    Posts
    837
    Thank you Mike. It's always exciting to start a new diet - the newness wears off pretty quick - but every time I'm hungry I just have to think it puts me one step closer to the stage lol

  9. #9
    Giggle's Avatar
    Giggle is offline Female Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Guess
    Posts
    837
    Hey Cuz - Yep it's good to be back. I'm reading Marcus' thread again and finding inspiration from all of you boys training and improvements. I'm still learning!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuz View Post
    Good to see you back!

  10. #10
    Giggle's Avatar
    Giggle is offline Female Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Guess
    Posts
    837
    Hi there BIB!!
    Thanks for reading and replying - it means a lot to hear from you all.
    Time is short that's true, but it's good to be back where I got so much support when I started getting back into it.
    Giggle
    Quote Originally Posted by Back In Black View Post
    Best of luck Giggle looking forward to this. Hope you get time to keep it updated.

  11. #11
    Times Roman's Avatar
    Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Back from Afghanistan
    Posts
    27,383
    Quote Originally Posted by Giggle View Post
    Hi All -
    You may remember me, but for those who do not, I needed to get back in shape - so for the last year I've worked hard to get my lean mass back. After MUCH advice from the best (and the biggest) on this Board - I did manage to put back on some size and lean out at the same time!!

    For a next step, I've decided to do another bodybuilding show in the new Women's Physique category. So excited to give this a go - I was always too small to be a FBB, but I love the competition and the prep. I've been dieting slowly off and on since the beginning of the year, but more seriously for the last 10 weeks.
    Training is tough - six days a week, high volume and heavy weights. Also extra abs and calves on top of cardio and posing. And a nutrition plan that accounts for every bite of food.
    Whether you are talking about diet, cardio, or training "There is NO cheating in competitive bodybuilding!"
    Six weeks left to make some nice changes - hoping to keep a little muscle and lean out some more.
    I hope you'll follow along and offer encouragement if I get tired near the end haha. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2014-08-15 20.20.20_resized Delts.png 
Views:	163 
Size:	138.7 KB 
ID:	152538
    I'm really happy with the way my shoulders are looking these days.
    NO Way!!!

    Has it been a year already??

    How can I forget a woman named "Giggle"? =)

  12. #12
    Times Roman's Avatar
    Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Back from Afghanistan
    Posts
    27,383
    oh, and good luck!

    btw, after you win, how 'bout some pics? =)

  13. #13
    Giggle's Avatar
    Giggle is offline Female Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Guess
    Posts
    837
    Legs today - lots of squats, superset of leg press and Jefferson squats, then leg extensions, stiff leg deadlifts, and finishing with superset of hack squats and walking lunges.
    Whew!
    calfmuscle555 likes this.

  14. #14
    Giggle's Avatar
    Giggle is offline Female Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Guess
    Posts
    837
    Thanks TR! Don't know about winning - it's a national qualifier and I'm age-challenged. But I'm looking forward to doing the best I can with what I have to work with lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by Times Roman View Post
    oh, and good luck!

    btw, after you win, how 'bout some pics? =)

  15. #15
    Times Roman's Avatar
    Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Back from Afghanistan
    Posts
    27,383
    Quote Originally Posted by Giggle View Post
    Thanks TR! Don't know about winning - it's a national qualifier and I'm age-challenged. But I'm looking forward to doing the best I can with what I have to work with lol.
    age just makes things a tad tougher, NOT impossible!

    Although there are a few here older, I am one of the oldest here. Doesn't impact my nutrition and exercise motivation.

    In fact, the age thing can be attractive. Unlike a twenty something, being competition ready later in life is NOT a gift, it is EARNED. Something to be proud of =)

  16. #16
    tarmyg's Avatar
    tarmyg is online now Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    6,426
    Blog Entries
    162
    subscribed. This will easily keep me going :-)

  17. #17
    Giggle's Avatar
    Giggle is offline Female Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Guess
    Posts
    837
    WELL SAID Times! You're so right about that "earned" part.
    I've learned that I still have some muscle left, and it's fairly dense, mature looking. I was surprised that it looks just as good as before, and some places are actually better. My last and my legs have gotten bigger after learning more about the "squeeze" and getting better at isolating the muscle instead of just hossing it up!

    Quote Originally Posted by Times Roman View Post
    age just makes things a tad tougher, NOT impossible!

    Although there are a few here older, I am one of the oldest here. Doesn't impact my nutrition and exercise motivation.

    In fact, the age thing can be attractive. Unlike a twenty something, being competition ready later in life is NOT a gift, it is EARNED. Something to be proud of =)
    calfmuscle555 likes this.

  18. #18
    Giggle's Avatar
    Giggle is offline Female Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Guess
    Posts
    837
    That's nice of you to say haha
    Quote Originally Posted by tarmyg View Post
    subscribed. This will easily keep me going :-)

  19. #19
    Giggle's Avatar
    Giggle is offline Female Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Guess
    Posts
    837
    5 1/2 weeks out
    I started this prep leaner than usual so I've dropped weight and fat really slowly. Hopefully I'll keep more LBM this way.

    Still keeping my head down and remaining focused. This week I've concentrated on posing more. It's different for physique than for BBing, so I have to learn that.
    I have hamstrings!! Just starting to peek out when I flex.
    Working hard on abs and calves - weak areas for me.
    The diet is still decent and I'm not often hungry so that's good.
    Another week closer to the stage...
    calfmuscle555 likes this.

  20. #20
    Mp859's Avatar
    Mp859 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    2,445
    Kill this sht!!
    Giggle likes this.

  21. #21
    Giggle's Avatar
    Giggle is offline Female Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Guess
    Posts
    837
    He'll yea
    Quote Originally Posted by Mp859 View Post
    Kill this sht!!

  22. #22
    Giggle's Avatar
    Giggle is offline Female Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Guess
    Posts
    837
    5 weeks to go! Diet is perfect now - and training is starting to be hard. I'm beginning to feel weaker on some of the lifts. Down 20# since this diet started, so that's understandable - just a mental game. I absolutely hate losing size, even if I know it's just part of the process.
    Pic from checkin today looks better. Top half is ahead of the legs - I know! It will all come together in a couple weeks.
    Going to practice posing...Giggle's Prep Log-8-22-14-5-weeks.jpg
    calfmuscle555 likes this.

  23. #23
    calfmuscle555's Avatar
    calfmuscle555 is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    NEW YORK STATE
    Posts
    16
    Looking good, your doing well. You can use more size in your calfs. Keep up the good hard work.

  24. #24
    Giggle's Avatar
    Giggle is offline Female Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Guess
    Posts
    837
    Thanks for looking in! Yes, I'm working on those stubborn calves - and everything really.

  25. #25
    Mp859's Avatar
    Mp859 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    2,445
    Coming along nicely!!

  26. #26
    MIKE_XXL's Avatar
    MIKE_XXL is offline SCAMMER
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    4,335
    Looking great, keep it up!!!

  27. #27
    GirlyGymRat's Avatar
    GirlyGymRat is online now Knowledgeable ~ Respected Female Leader ~
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    In a gym!
    Posts
    14,644
    Great progress Giggle!!!! Show off that hard work!!!

  28. #28
    Giggle's Avatar
    Giggle is offline Female Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Guess
    Posts
    837
    Well - the show is over and I'm learning to get back to "normal" what ever that means. I placed well and I'm happy with my look so that's what counts. My conditioning was spot on by pre-judging time.
    I got first in the Women's open C class and 3 in the Masters.
    I've decided I LOVE women's Physique - much better than bodybuilding for me!!

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •