Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By tice1212
  • 1 Post By MIKE_XXL

Thread: Calories after show question

tice1212 is offline Productive Member

Calories after show question

Hey guys I just took 3rd at my first show. I was in ketogenic diet for the last 4 weeks of my prep. My calorie intake was 1800 per day.
    My TDEE 2850
    When I was at 1800 my main goal was to loss weight but know I want to start gaining muscle but I can't bump my calories up to my TDEE because I don't want to put on to much fat. What should I increase my calories to and macro spilt carbs/pro/fats 40/40/20? Thanks boys

MIKE_XXL is offline SCAMMER
    I would say go up 500 calories, then another 500 week or two later...to gain you will need some level of surplus very few people can gain muscle while being on reduced calorie diet...i am guessing you will have to get up to 3000 to 3200 calories per day to slowly make gains...

Quote Originally Posted by MIKE_XXL View Post
    I would say go up 500 calories, then another 500 week or two later...to gain you will need some level of surplus very few people can gain muscle while being on reduced calorie diet...i am guessing you will have to get up to 3000 to 3200 calories per day to slowly make gains...
    Yeah I'm going to be staying on cycle but switching up the gear.
    I was on
    test p 280mg EW
    tren a 300mg EW
    Mast 500mg EW
    Winny 50mg ED

I was going to do
    Test p 800mg EW
    Mast 960mg EW
    For slow gains for 6 weeks

So I will slowly increase my calories every week so I don't get fat right away.
    Last edited by tice1212; 04-14-2015 at 06:20 AM.

Personally i would drop the orals, did you use orals for pre contest?
    If yes i would cut them out give liver a chance to recover...and take the stress away from kidneys as well...stick to injectables for your post show rebound and grow like a weed...enjoy!!!

Roger11 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tice1212 View Post
    Yeah I'm going to be staying on cycle but switching up the gear.
    I was on
    test p 280mg EW
    tren a 300mg EW
    Mast 500mg EW
    Winny 50mg EW

I was going to do
    Test p 750mg EW
    Mast 800mg EW
    For slow gains for 6 weeks

So I will slowly increase my calories every week so I don't get fat right away.

Hey mate did you mean winny at 50mg ED? Or is that correct at 50mg EW? if so thats like 8mg per day? That cant be right haha.

Metalject is offline Knowledgeable Member
    If you followed a keto diet you need to be very careful with your post show eating. Gaining massive amounts of bad weight after a keto diet is very easy to do. My normal recommendation is to enjoy some good food for a day or two and then go back to the diet plan for a week. You don't necessarily have to be very low calorie but keep it lowish and keep it just fats and proteins. From there, slowly add in the carbs and I do mean slowly over the course of several, several weeks. Now you may not have to be as slow as someone that did a 12-16wk keto diet. Those can be very hard to adjust back into normal eating with.

Quote Originally Posted by Roger11 View Post

Hey mate did you mean winny at 50mg ED? Or is that correct at 50mg EW? if so thats like 8mg per day? That cant be right haha.
    Lol yes I mean ED not EW.

Quote Originally Posted by Metalject View Post
    If you followed a keto diet you need to be very careful with your post show eating. Gaining massive amounts of bad weight after a keto diet is very easy to do. My normal recommendation is to enjoy some good food for a day or two and then go back to the diet plan for a week. You don't necessarily have to be very low calorie but keep it lowish and keep it just fats and proteins. From there, slowly add in the carbs and I do mean slowly over the course of several, several weeks. Now you may not have to be as slow as someone that did a 12-16wk keto diet. Those can be very hard to adjust back into normal eating with.
    Yeah that's what I'm going to do. I ate like shit for two days now I'm back on the keto diet but I upped my calories to 2000. Can I still gain muscle in a calorie deficient diet?

Personally i would drop the orals, did you use orals for pre contest?
    If yes i would cut them out give liver a chance to recover...and take the stress away from kidneys as well...stick to injectables for your post show rebound and grow like a weed...enjoy!!!
    I was going to run 10mg of superdrol from GP a day but I heard that sdrol is a very carb dependent AAS. I'll take a break from orals for a little and just run my test (800mg) and mast (960mg)
    MIKE_XXL likes this.

Metalject is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Yeah that's what I'm going to do. I ate like shit for two days now I'm back on the keto diet but I upped my calories to 2000. Can I still gain muscle in a calorie deficient diet?
    Highly unlikely unless you're using grams and grams of gear, and even then it's not easy without butt loads of GH. And even then it's not easy, unless you're Phil Heath.

From what i remember Primobolan is an AS that has demonstrated, in scientific studies, ability to add lean tissue in a calorie reduced diet...i would guess dose would be 600 - 1000mg per week, which can get very expensive, i think nutrient timing would play a large role in that as well...but in all reality it is extremely difficult to do that, Kevin Levrone can do it, but very few can...
    NACH3 likes this.

From what i remember Primobolan is an AS that has demonstrated, in scientific studies, ability to add lean tissue in a calorie reduced diet...i would guess dose would be 600 - 1000mg per week, which can get very expensive, i think nutrient timing would play a large role in that as well...but in all reality it is extremely difficult to do that, Kevin Levrone can do it, but very few can...
    Hey mike or metal I want to start using insulin . My brother is type 1 diabetic and he has novalog which he said is the fastest insulin. I found a example instruction on how to run it but my question is, is it possible to run insulin without putting on extra bodyfat. I have heard of many people using insulin and getting fat on it. Please let me know what u think about this plan of action..
    Gear being run:
    Test E 800mg EW
    Mast E 960mg EW
    T3 50mcg ED
    Clen 100mcg ED
    Keto 1g ED

Calories after show question-forumrunner_20150417_132721.png

There is a way to use insulin and not gain fat its using it with no carbs, but it can be risky...i used to use fast acting, but now i use humulin N which is slow acting, you should listen to few Ameen Alai podcasts and he advocates slow acting insulin...i kind of agree with his thinking...and i have been using his protocol with hGh...

There is a way to use insulin and not gain fat its using it with no carbs, but it can be risky...i used to use fast acting, but now i use humulin N which is slow acting, you should listen to few Ameen Alai podcasts and he advocates slow acting insulin...i kind of agree with his thinking...and i have been using his protocol with hGh...
    Can you please explain how u used insulin without carbs. I'm very interested. Also do u have to run HGH with insulin? I only have fast acting novalog. Thanks for all ur help big dog

http://forums.steroid.com/igf-1-lr3-...g-insulin.html

Here is post i commented on using slin with no carbs, i do not recommend that however have a read and let me know if you have any questions...

http://forums.steroid.com/igf-1-lr3-...g-insulin.html

Here is post i commented on using slin with no carbs, i do not recommend that however have a read and let me know if you have any questions...
    Holy shit that is a crazy method that I will NOT be trying lmfao.. Wow that cleared that up for me lol.. Do u have any articles with long lasting insulin ? Or ur method u use.

Listen to few podcasts wirh Ameen Alai he talks about long acting insulin as well as low dose hGH and insulin use as well as low dose gear...interesting stuff, he focuses on food a lot, which i totally agree with, no nutrients no growth...

I started implementing Ameens methods a while back and got good results, the picture in my avi is me at around 210lbs at 5'9" and still somewhat lean, its the biggest and leanest i have ever been able to be...i am also training around many many injuries, it would be interesting to see how this works once i get healthy...and i hope i do one day...my shoulders are currently killing me, especially the right one... :-(

I started implementing Ameens methods a while back and got good results, the picture in my avi is me at around 210lbs at 5'9" and still somewhat lean, its the biggest and leanest i have ever been able to be...i am also training around many many injuries, it would be interesting to see how this works once i get healthy...and i hope i do one day...my shoulders are currently killing me, especially the right one... :-(
    Wow bro that really sucks. But u do look awesome at 210. That would be a good weight for me at 5'9 too.

Thank you Tice...

Mp859 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tice1212
    Holy shit that is a crazy method that I will NOT be trying lmfao.. Wow that cleared that up for me lol.. Do u have any articles with long lasting insulin? Or ur method u use.
    The easiest way to run insulin without gaining fat goes like this. At least for me.

You have to workout until your body is completely depleted. Glycogen has to be completely depleted otherwise you will put on fat. This is what I learned from a ifbb pro.

Humalog
    10iu directly post workout

Make a shake with 100grams dextrose
    Plus your protein,glutamine,creatine etc.

Within 15 min after injection consume half your shake. 15 min later finish shake.
    Within 20 minutes after this I either have two burgers or chicken w/white rice.

2hrs later consume another meal with adequate protein and COMPLEX carbs. After that the humalog will be completely covered.

Worked great for him and me as well. I'm currently running this protocol right now. Pm is you have any questions.

I do not recommend Insulin use to beginners.!!!

Glad I wrote that out lol

Blog Entries
    I was going to run 10mg of superdrol from GP a day but I heard that sdrol is a very carb dependent AAS. I'll take a break from orals for a little and just run my test (800mg) and mast (960mg)
    If you already sub 8% bf why not stay on tren going into your bulk eating 300-400 calorie surplus would have 0% chance of fat gain imo

Quote Originally Posted by Mp859 View Post
    Glad I wrote that out lol
    Lmfao sorry about not responding to it brother. Honestly that was VERY helpful. Just one question how do in know that my glycogen is fully depleted. Any signs to look out for. Thank you agian

Quote Originally Posted by davidtheman100 View Post

If you already sub 8% bf why not stay on tren going into your bulk eating 300-400 calorie surplus would have 0% chance of fat gain imo
    Did 12wks of it. It started making me crazy lol.. Plus I ran out

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    Did 12wks of it. It started making me crazy lol.. Plus I ran out
    Lmao... Do you think you coulda ran it longer(w/out losing your mind)?!

There is absolutely ZERO science behind the calculation of 10gm of sugar to 1 iu of insulin ...in all reality it is too much of both for optimum result...i will not debate this point however in my humble opinion the person that came up with this was not basing it on science but on making sure no one went hypo...

Quote Originally Posted by NACH3 View Post

Lmao... Do you think you coulda ran it longer(w/out losing your mind)?!
    Honestly I don't know bro. I was going crazy and a piece of shit but that could have been from the keto diet too lol.. If I had more I would have ran it until I was back to my normal calories.

There is absolutely ZERO science behind the calculation of 10gm of sugar to 1 iu of insulin...in all reality it is too much of both for optimum result...i will not debate this point however in my humble opinion the person that came up with this was not basing it on science but on making sure no one went hypo...
    Yeah ur right. U just have to go off how ur body feels. Some people can do less grams per iu and others need more grams per iu.

Quote Originally Posted by MIKE_XXL
    There is absolutely ZERO science behind the calculation of 10gm of sugar to 1 iu of insulin...in all reality it is too much of both for optimum result...i will not debate this point however in my humble opinion the person that came up with this was not basing it on science but on making sure no one went hypo...
    I will agree but if I do less than 8grams per iu I start getting shaky.

Yeah ur right. U just have to go off how ur body feels. Some people can do less grams per iu and others need more grams per iu.
    Just start off with 10 and work down 1gram each time until you find where you wanna be I suppose.

Quote Originally Posted by Mp859 View Post
    Just start off with 10 and work down 1gram each time until you find where you wanna be I suppose.
    Sounds good brother thank you. BTW how will I know that all my glycogen is depleted? Is Shaking will training a sign?

To be honest here if you are going to use slin, use it to supplement your body not replace it...i use only 2-4 units before training and use long acting Humulin-N...i take in 27 gm right after training and then 30 mg 1 hour after, and thats using 3ius simply to assist my body to transport glycogen into my muscle cells.

Sounds good brother thank you. BTW how will I know that all my glycogen is depleted? Is Shaking will training a sign?
    training in general depletes your glycogen stores. Just train with high intensity whether it be volume with giant sets or supersets or like the guys preach over in Marcus's diary. What mike xxl is saying is also another way. But I personally like fast acting insulin only. It's in and out of your system quick without the chance of going hypo hours down the road.

< <Samson> > is offline Neurologically Intact
    Blog Entries
    Sup, home slice - long time no hur

3rd?! Shit, that's aight in my book for it being your 1st time competing

You have any pics up? This whole life thing got in the way & I'm not on here much lately - Had to take on a solid 5-10 Lbs. of water too, to stay alive in my current - most likely soon to be over job

Funny how the fatter guys can run circles around me @ work. Shit, I have to drink water every 30 mins & eat every 3-4 hours - at least

Quote Originally Posted by < <Samson> > View Post
    Sup, home slice - long time no hur

3rd?! Shit, that's aight in my book for it being your 1st time competing

You have any pics up? This whole life thing got in the way & I'm not on here much lately - Had to take on a solid 5-10 Lbs. of water too, to stay alive in my current - most likely soon to be over job

Funny how the fatter guys can run circles around me @ work. Shit, I have to drink water every 30 mins & eat every 3-4 hours - at least
    Holy sh*t Samson how u doing brother! Yeah I have some pictures up over in Mikes carb,fat, water loading thread. Yeah I'm happy with 3rd. Coaching myself was one of the hardest thing I have ever did in my life. It was my first and last show lol. I'm not cut out for shows. I miss food and the enjoyment of training way to much. How have u been bro

< <Samson> > is offline Neurologically Intact
    Blog Entries
    That's cool to hear man, cool shit

My workouts are pushed way to the back. I feel beat to shit, but I still go. Been, keeping up on my diet mostly. . . . But, yeah - Me + physical work + lifting = does not compute

mussina123 is offline Junior Member
    How has progress been since the comp man? what are your calories atm, gain a little adipose as you wanted?

Thread Information