Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By MIKE_XXL
  • 1 Post By Metalject

Thread: Coaching.

Spartanfitness is offline New Member

Coaching.

Hey guys im guessing this is the right place to post if not feel free to move it or ill delete and repost in the correct section, my question is how does online coaching compare to real life for contest prep? I mean online you can speak to some of the top guys but in real life coaches can see and make sure your bf is dropping correctly help with poses and are easier to get hold of if anything goes wrong ect, so would you rather a more experience coach or someone more reliable i guess?

Whats your thoughts?

Thanks

Bonaparte is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    I think this needs to be judged on a case by case basis (which online coach vs which gym coach).

MIKE_XXL is offline SCAMMER
    I agree with above, I do online coaching and have been very successful doing it, I think I can do whatever I need to do and adjust all aspects of the training and nutritional program based on a two dimensional pictures, not all can do it thou, I have had anywhere from overall Greece winner, Top 3 National Superheavy to Irelands top level super heavy with invite to do mr. universe, to many other from athletes, bodybuilders to people looking to get into shape and house wifes...I was able to dial in everyone into their show and help other achieve their fitness goal, I always provide 24 hours a day contact via text or BBM, to ensure everyone is getting the most out of their money, I guess if you are an online coach you do not deal with beginners but at the least intermediate athletes who understand form and exercise execution...but if you need in person interaction then you are better of one on one couching...
    nes likes this.

I want to do my first show in the muscle model category at the wbff, my forms good through qualifications and just general experience in the gym, as its my first comp its really just for the cutting phase with abit of pose practise, and general comp advice from stage presence to tanning.

Metalject is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Good video for learning how to go through the mandatory poses:
    Posing Tutorials - Johnnie Jackson

Learning how to do the mandatory poses - learn how to get set into each one fairly quickly and smoothly. When you're up there twisting and fidgeting forever it looks bad. When you're shaking it looks terrible. Try to teach yourself to get set right into each pose and hold it with a smile for 20 seconds and then once you've done this add a few seconds. If you can hold a good pose for 30 seconds without shaking and fidgeting you'll be ahead of 99% right off the bat.

Tanning - 2-3 coats of the spray is all most need IMO. Most shows offer this before the show. Base tanning before shows isn't really needed IMO, not with the tanning sprays they have today.

Stage presence - see posing comments above...also, smile, look confident and have a planned routine for the night posing...look like you know what you're doing, look like you want to be there and you'll be good.

When it comes to diets and prep work, it would be very hard for a book to cover what you need. Just about anyone can lay out a diet for people to follow, that's not hard but tailoring it to how you respond over time, that's why people hire prep coaches. Prep is all about the right adjustments at the right time, and that covers diet, drugs, cardio and of course the final weeks insanity time.
    MIKE_XXL likes this.

Thanks metalject ill be using that link alot

Spartenfitness where about are you from if you don't mind me asking, WBFF puts on shows around where I am from...I am near Toronto Ontario...

Im from the uk they hold the wbff in london over here.

Ohh I see, good luck bro!

nes
    nes is offline New Member
    Mike do you have a website or facebook page ?

You can contact me at [email protected] i do have a web site but its down at the moment...should be back up in few...thanks for asking...

Quote Originally Posted by nes View Post
    Mike do you have a website or facebook page ?

Thread Information