Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By MIKE_XXL

Thread: dietary finer subtracted from carb count on prep?

tice1212 is offline Productive Member

dietary finer subtracted from carb count on prep?

OK I see mixed reviews on this topic. Some people say to subtract ur dietary fibers away from ur carb count. So for example: quest bar 22carbs but 18DF (22-18=4 Carbs) if my daily carb intake is 40 then that means I can have 10 quest bars right? But others say to count the real carb count so it would be 22carbs not 4 carbs. Mind u this is all on show prep. Just trying to understand this. Thanks guys

MIKE_XXL is offline SCAMMER
    I never do it but have read it before too as a matter of fact if i want someone to eat 150gm of carbs i will only put in their diet 130 to 140 as we normally have a tendency to over eat and always put that one extra bite of rice in that bowl...LOL...so but taking fiber out i would be going in the opposite direction and potentially allow people to eat more the allowance...i get the concept of it but dont buy it i guess...

Metalject is offline Knowledgeable Member
    If your daily carb intake is 40 I assume you're doing a keto diet. Is that correct? If that's the case, fiber or not it counts as a carb.

My rule of thumb - if you start playing around with numbers and trying to sub things in and out or finding ways to make something fit, chances are it's not a good idea. When it comes to prep, have a set list of foods and that's what you eat. If it's not on that list, you don't eat it. That's the easiest and best way to do things.

MIKE_XXL is offline SCAMMER
    To add to Metaljects point, i find eating the same foods every day gives body a state of consistency and much less fluctuation from water retention due to food changes, potential slight allergies and constant state of change...i even find that if you eat oatmeal, carb up with oatmeal, if you eat yams, carb up with yams, if you dont eat potatoes, do not throw them in last 3 days and risk some kind of reaction to a new food choice...
    NACH3 likes this.

Metalject is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MIKE_XXL View Post
    To add to Metaljects point, i find eating the same foods every day gives body a state of consistency and much less fluctuation from water retention due to food changes, potential slight allergies and constant state of change...i even find that if you eat oatmeal, carb up with oatmeal, if you eat yams, carb up with yams, if you dont eat potatoes, do not throw them in last 3 days and risk some kind of reaction to a new food choice...
    Agree big time. Carbing up with one food and one food only is definitely the way to go.

Thread Information