Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Bonaparte

Thread: Injectable Lasix

petapopin1 is offline Junior Member

Injectable Lasix

Anyone know if i should be taking potassium ? i was thinking 40 mg the night before and 20mg morning of the show.

Iceberg is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by petapopin1
    Anyone know if i should be taking potassium ? i was thinking 40 mg the night before and 20mg morning of the show.
    I had this debate before. I was told it's potassium sparing. But I could have been given wrong info.

MIKE_XXL is offline SCAMMER
    It is not potassium sparing, its as harsh as they are, why are you going the Lasix way? why not dyazide or aldactizide?

Here is an piece i wrote on Lasix and Potassium replacement while using it...also please remember there are more electrolytes needing replacement then just potassium...you need magnesium, sodium and potassium just to keep it simple...or simpler...good luck, not the way i ready my clients, do you have a picture? i would like to see how ready you are if you are thinking of using Lasix or your trainer is telling you to use it...

For all of you guys out there that are competing soon and are going to use diuretics, here is a little something about potassium replacement. As we all know diuretics can cause potassium excretion from your body, especially non-potassium sparing once like Lasix, Diamox; and the alike (I will be using Lasix for my up coming show). So how should we be dealing with potassium loss, well too much is just as dangerous as to little. Normally your body looses 20mEQ of Potassium per 1 liter of urine. So from the start of our diuretic regiment we need to measure every urination with a measuring cup. 39 mg of potassium equals 1 mEQ of potassium being replaced in your body. So if you urinate 0.125 of a liter you need to replace 2.5 mEQ of potassium by taking in 97.5 mg of potassium (39 mg times 2.5 mEQ equals 97.5 mg of potassium) I would just take 100 mg.

To sum it up:

1 liter of urine = 20 mEQ lost = 780 mg of potassium to replace the loss

0.5 liter of urine = 10 mEQ lost = 390 mg of potassium to replace the loss

0.25 liter of urine = 5 mEQ lost = 195 mg of potassium to replace the loss

0.125 liter of urine = 2.5 mEQ lost = 98 mg of potassium to replace the loss

Cramping is not just caused just by lack of potassium, but by electrolyte imbalance. So what I suggest is to take some magnesium, as well, I prefer Maalox tablet through out the day. I would not recommend cutting out sodium totally from your carb up either, because you need certain amount of sodium in lower intestine to absorb the carbs efficiently. You need some sodium in your body to achieve ¾ compensation in the first 24 hours and most people do a 3 day carb up which is already not that much time for the carbohydrate super-compensation required, just don’t add any salt to your food and you should be ok. Once you get dry and you think you are ready for the show I suggest replacing any water that is lost through the urination, because at that point most likely it’s intracellular fluid coming out of your muscle.

petapopin1 is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MIKE_XXL View Post
    It is not potassium sparing, its as harsh as they are, why are you going the Lasix way? why not dyazide or aldactizide?
    because i cn get pharma grade lasix and i tried the oral before and felt fine. just not sure about comp protocol

Mp859 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I personally prefer aldactone. I cramped up horribly on lasix. Literally locked up

Bonaparte is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Mp859 View Post
    I personally prefer aldactone. I cramped up horribly on lasix. Literally locked up
    Aldactone is very weak and is an anti-androgen.
    HCTZ is the best compromise.
    MIKE_XXL likes this.

yes usually thyazide based diuretics mixed with potassium sparing give best, most controllable results, lesix can be used but is tricky at best, i used it once, flattened out so bad that i ate 2L of icecream and didnt even spill over...

Thread Information