Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By skindiesel
  • 1 Post By Metalject
  • 1 Post By tarmyg

Thread: contest coach

skindiesel is offline Associate Member

contest coach

So I am wanting to enter a show in june. Never competed before and want to win. Obviously. So is there any suggestions to where I might find someone to walk me thru the process near me in omaha? diet, gear, posing.

megang is offline Female Member
    Quote Originally Posted by skindiesel View Post
    So I am wanting to enter a show in june. Never competed before and want to win. Obviously. So is there any suggestions to where I might find someone to walk me thru the process near me in omaha? diet, gear, posing.
    I use online coaches (husband and wife team) based out of Connecticut who have a lot of experience prepping clients. They have both amateur and pro clients

Physiquesolutions.net

I actually thought about that with some of the members on here from some of there articles I have read. So if all else fails I will go that route.

gearbox is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by skindiesel View Post
    Ask metalject on here

I was going to. Id rather have someone in person but if I dont I will get ahold of him and talk money. Lol

MIKE_XXL is offline SCAMMER
    Shameless plug for myself here :-)

In todays era most use online coaching as it is very affordable and convenient. Let me know if i can help in any way.

yes Mike you were on the list to talk to. Ill message you.
    MIKE_XXL likes this.

Metalject is offline Knowledgeable Member
    You can't go wrong with Mike.
    I don't know him personally outside of this site, but from what I can tell from reading and discussing here, he's pretty well on point.

If you're looking to do your first show and you're looking for a prep coach, the first objective is to find someone that knows what they're talking about, someone like Mike. You don't want to get caught up in trying to find the guy who has the best tricks or secrets. Thoughts like that shouldn't even be thoughts you have. You need someone that understands prep, how to get you to where you want to be and who knows how to manipulate a guy's diet and plan. Anyone can lay out a diet and plan, but a good prep coach knows how to tweak it and allow it to evolve over the course of the prep. When you find a coach that can do that you're getting your monies worth.

As you progress and get shows under your belt, you may find you work better with other people, and if that happens it's fine. I've had competitors over the year that I only worked with on a show or two and that was it and they went somewhere else. I don't take it personal, it's business like anything else. And many that leave come back, others stay forever. Hard to predict how that sort of thing goes.

On the topic of finding a prep coach, for years I've heard competitors say they want to work with guy XYZ because he's really good but he does it all online via email so they go with some local guy that agrees to meet in person weekly. I've done it both ways and I can tell you flat out if you're following your coaches directions it will not help seeing him in person. Some of the best competitors I've ever worked with have been overseas, and I've never seen them in person once in my life. This isn't to say meeting in person is bad. If you have a coach local to you and he's willing to do it that way, more power to you. But even if local, it's far more convenient for both of you if you do it via email.
    MIKE_XXL likes this.

MIKE_XXL is offline SCAMMER
    ^^^ thank you.

tarmyg is online now Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    100% will recommend Mike myself. Great coach who keeps following up!
    MIKE_XXL likes this.

Thread Information