Results 1 to 15 of 15
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Time between competitions

  1. #1
    charger69's Avatar
    charger69 is online now Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    2,607

    Time between competitions

    16 weeks out, they changed the date 2 weeks later. This will make it 6 weeks between competitions. Due to time constraints, i just finished a 16 week Decca test cycle, i am presently taking a 2 week TRT cycle and then I start next week with my 12 week cut cycle for the first competition. I have never had 6 weeks between competitions and I will have been on cycle for quite some time ( bulk and cut). Any recommendations for the cycle for the 6 weeks between competitions? Just continue the cut cycle?

  2. #2
    PT1982's Avatar
    PT1982 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Home of the Braves
    Posts
    1,504
    That's a tough one. What is the cycle leading up to your first comp, and what stage of it will you be in during the show?

  3. #3
    charger69's Avatar
    charger69 is online now Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    2,607
    Quote Originally Posted by PT1982
    That's a tough one. What is the cycle leading up to your first comp, and what stage of it will you be in during the show?
    Tren /mast/winnie/test prop for the 12 weeks up to the first competition

  4. #4
    PT1982's Avatar
    PT1982 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Home of the Braves
    Posts
    1,504
    Will you officially be "off" on the day of the competition? And are you running the Winstrol for the 12 week duration? If so, I think there is some tinkering we could do with that. And what esters are you running with everything other than the test p?

  5. #5
    charger69's Avatar
    charger69 is online now Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    2,607
    Quote Originally Posted by PT1982
    Will you officially be "off" on the day of the competition? And are you running the Winstrol for the 12 week duration? If so, I think there is some tinkering we could do with that. And what esters are you running with everything other than the test p?
    I usually run the cycle up to a couple of days before. All of them are short esters.

  6. #6
    PT1982's Avatar
    PT1982 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Home of the Braves
    Posts
    1,504
    Quote Originally Posted by charger69 View Post
    I usually run the cycle up to a couple of days before. All of them are short esters.
    That's a good thing. I'm hoping that fellow competitors chime in as well, but I'll give you at least an option. While I don't compete, I do coach/ train those that do. I like that you're on short esters. I'm kind of afraid to give some suggestions openly, as some casual gym goer might take the idea and run with it. With the oral, I think you could manipulate the timing and duration to keep fresh. Maybe dose high the last 4 weeks of this current cycle then break a couple of weeks between. Then ramp it back up 4 weeks out from the second. I would advise to use it only the last 4 weeks of the first one and not the duration. I find that with orals, most people stop responding positively after 4-6 weeks anyways. I think 12 weeks would just be too much on your receptors and would cause burnout or a negative effect. 4 weeks of winstrol at a higher dose than the norm (pretty dang high) will yield astronomical results. Then a few weeks break would allow for at least a minor reset. I would certainly run the mast most all of the time. I don't like seeing anyone on masteron for that long, but you could start it, once again, high 4 weeks in and let it ride.

    If you don't mind, what are the current doses you are running with each compound? That might help us determine a lot as well. If any of this even appeals to you.

  7. #7
    kelkel's Avatar
    kelkel is offline HRT Specialist ~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~ No Source Checks
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    East Coast Dungeon
    Posts
    26,288
    Hire a trainer to handle those aspects for you.
    -*- NO SOURCE CHECKS -*-

  8. #8
    GirlyGymRat's Avatar
    GirlyGymRat is online now Knowledgeable ~ Respected Female Leader ~
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    In a gym!
    Posts
    13,584
    Quote Originally Posted by kelkel View Post
    Hire a trainer to handle those aspects for you.
    Is this a must have or a nice to have? Seems there are plenty of bad trainers.

  9. #9
    PT1982's Avatar
    PT1982 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Home of the Braves
    Posts
    1,504
    Quote Originally Posted by kelkel View Post
    Hire a trainer to handle those aspects for you.
    I'm trying

  10. #10
    GirlyGymRat's Avatar
    GirlyGymRat is online now Knowledgeable ~ Respected Female Leader ~
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    In a gym!
    Posts
    13,584
    Quote Originally Posted by PT1982
    I'm trying
    Hire kelkel!

  11. #11
    charger69's Avatar
    charger69 is online now Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    2,607
    Quote Originally Posted by PT1982
    That's a good thing. I'm hoping that fellow competitors chime in as well, but I'll give you at least an option. While I don't compete, I do coach/ train those that do. I like that you're on short esters. I'm kind of afraid to give some suggestions openly, as some casual gym goer might take the idea and run with it. With the oral, I think you could manipulate the timing and duration to keep fresh. Maybe dose high the last 4 weeks of this current cycle then break a couple of weeks between. Then ramp it back up 4 weeks out from the second. I would advise to use it only the last 4 weeks of the first one and not the duration. I find that with orals, most people stop responding positively after 4-6 weeks anyways. I think 12 weeks would just be too much on your receptors and would cause burnout or a negative effect. 4 weeks of winstrol at a higher dose than the norm (pretty dang high) will yield astronomical results. Then a few weeks break would allow for at least a minor reset. I would certainly run the mast most all of the time. I don't like seeing anyone on masteron for that long, but you could start it, once again, high 4 weeks in and let it ride. If you don't mind, what are the current doses you are running with each compound? That might help us determine a lot as well. If any of this even appeals to you.
    I understand. Whatever cycle I do, it is not something that I would like to do if it were possible to avoid it. I am not going to throw away a year of preparation. My time is limited to continue to compete. Cthe winnie is injectable and not oral. No orals planned. I am planning on taking 300 mg per week.

  12. #12
    charger69's Avatar
    charger69 is online now Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    2,607
    Quote Originally Posted by GirlyGymRat
    Is this a must have or a nice to have? Seems there are plenty of bad trainers.
    I guess I could go with my first trainer that had me running tren on my second cycle with no test and no hCG and forgot about pCT. The same one that gave me halo and said that it was the same as,Proviron . I still have the full bottle of halo. Once I read about it, i refused to take it.

  13. #13
    PT1982's Avatar
    PT1982 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Home of the Braves
    Posts
    1,504
    Quote Originally Posted by charger69 View Post
    I guess I could go with my first trainer that had me running tren on my second cycle with no test and no hCG and forgot about pCT. The same one that gave me halo and said that it was the same as,Proviron. I still have the full bottle of halo. Once I read about it, i refused to take it.
    Wow!

  14. #14
    charger69's Avatar
    charger69 is online now Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    2,607
    Quote Originally Posted by PT1982
    Wow!
    I had a number of bad cycles. That was when I was alitle younger. I now try to do things as safe as possible but i am being forced out of my comfort zone with the changes of dates, etc

  15. #15
    DHew's Avatar
    DHew is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    1,067
    Blog Entries
    1
    Changing the date on a show day seems like an asinine thing to do since everyone involved in the show is planning almost their entire year on that date.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •