Redz122 is offline Associate Member

How many hours of cardio do you do when you are 2 weeks out?

Hey how many hours of cardio do you competitors do during the final weeks? Also, do you guys actually work your heart in 65-75% range when doing cardio? or do you work on a HR that you feel is appropriate?

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Myself, I drop cardio entirely about 6 days out, maybe more. I try to get to my ultimate conditioning (minus the last week drying out process) done so that I can relax, sit back and pro-tan, carb load, sodium load/deplete, water load/deplete, etc. Too much cardio can have you come in flat. (Also depends what ancillaries you are using, if any) Cardio is done low-medium intensity, yes, HIIT is definitely NOT a good idea here. What show are you doing?

~SC~

Redz122 is offline Associate Member
    I'm 18 and would like to compete after about 5 years of training under my belt so when I'm 21 I'll be prepared and knowledgable for my first show. Also why do people look flat after a cardio session? Is it becasue of the depletion of muscle glycogen to fuel yourself for cardio when done an empty stomach? And do you do cardio with the same intensity throughout your entire precontest phase?

Stormy is offline Female Member
    I drop cardio 7-10 days out. Prior to that it depends on how I look. It's usually something like 45 minutes, A.M. 5-6 days P.M. 2-5 days. My body responds best to lower intensity cardio.
    How bad do you want it?

Thread Information