• 2 Post By BG
  • 3 Post By charger69
  • 3 Post By BG
  • 1 Post By Obs
  • 1 Post By BG

Thread: To compete or not?

PeanutbutterDC is offline Female Member

To compete or not?

For those who have competed, what did you get out of the experience? Any regrets?
    BG likes this.

charger69 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PeanutbutterDC View Post
    For those who have competed, what did you get out of the experience? Any regrets?
    The experience.... you begin to really learn your body and its reactions. To see your transformation is incredible.
    It takes a lot of discipline and a ton of mental games. It also consumes a lot of time.
    I am presently a week out from a show. I call it hell week.
    Low carbs, dehydration, caloric deficit... it sucks. But getting all of the support helps tremendously. Getting on stage makes it all worth it.
    I have been competing for 4 years and every year seeing a new version of your body is amazing. I also learn something new each year.
    No regrets but I do foresee that some time in the future this will get old to put your body and mind through this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    PeanutbutterDC and Obs like this.

Capebuffalo is offline - MONITOR -
    It’s the hardest and most rewarding thing. Pick a show and start training. It’s amazing to see just how much you can transform your body and mind.
    charger69, PeanutbutterDC and Obs like this.

PeanutbutterDC is offline Female Member
    Quote Originally Posted by charger69 View Post
    The experience.... you begin to really learn your body and its reactions. To see your transformation is incredible.
    It takes a lot of discipline and a ton of mental games. It also consumes a lot of time.
    I am presently a week out from a show. I call it hell week...
    Thanks! And best wishes for your show!
    Obs likes this.

BG
    BG is offline The Real Deal - AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    As long as life permits it’s worth it. But beware it consumes your mind and time. If you do it, be sure to take pictures all the way through, great to look back on for future motivation.
    Obs and PeanutbutterDC like this.

Disclaimer-BG is presenting fictitious opinions and does in no way encourage nor condone the use of any illegal substances.
    The information discussed is strictly for entertainment purposes only.

Everything was impossible until somebody did it!

I've got 99 problems......but my squat/dead ain't one !!

It doesnt matter how good looking she is, some where, some one is tired of her shit.

Light travels faster then sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Great place to start researching ! http://forums.steroid.com/anabolic-s...-database.html

charger69 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BG View Post
    As long as life permits it’s worth it. But beware it consumes your mind and time. If you do it, be sure to take pictures all the way through, great to look back on for future motivation.
    Wifey told me.... I want you to stop competing, I want the husband back that I fell in love with.
    I just do not know if I can stop. Seeing the progress over the last 5 years just makes me want to continue.
    I take it to extremes... nothing gets in the way of my training or diet. I will not go out to eat because of all of the crap in the food. Maybe a cheat meal once in a while but definitely not planned weekly. After the next two comps, I have some soul searching to do. The funny thing is, I will never be pro and I will never be Mr O, but I still love the way I can get my body.

BG, PeanutbutterDC and Obs like this.

BG
    Wifey told me.... I want you to stop competing, I want the husband back that I fell in love with.
    I just do not know if I can stop. Seeing the progress over the last 5 years just makes me want to continue.
    I take it to extremes... nothing gets in the way of my training or diet. I will not go out to eat because of all of the crap in the food. Maybe a cheat meal once in a while but definitely not planned weekly. After the next two comps, I have some soul searching to do. The funny thing is, I will never be pro and I will never be Mr O, but I still love the way I can get my body.

Make sure to make time for your wife, dont neglect her. Ive seen so many marriages go to shit because of competing.......nearly mine. One becomes selfish to the extremes, not even realizing whats going on or if they are hurting someone in the process. Learn what to do with your body every time, but also learn how to be a better person while doing so.
    PeanutbutterDC, Obs and Cuz like this.

Disclaimer-BG is presenting fictitious opinions and does in no way encourage nor condone the use of any illegal substances.

It doesnt matter how good looking she is, some where, some one is tired of her shit.

Light travels faster then sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Great place to start researching ! http://forums.steroid.com/anabolic-s...-database.html

Obs
    Obs is offline Changed Man

Quote Originally Posted by BG View Post
    Make sure to make time for your wife, dont neglect her. Ive seen so many marriages go to shit because of competing.......nearly mine. One becomes selfish to the extremes, not even realizing whats going on or if they are hurting someone in the process. Learn what to do with your body every time, but also learn how to be a better person while doing so.
    I have not even been on stage but this causes issues with me and they recently peaked.

Cant blame her.

Every fucking thing I say or do revolves around this. It has to be irritating. She recently said that she thinks I want to be a loner and only care about this. The more stress that piles on me the more I run to building.

I can't and wont stop.
    If I was forced to choose I would just say bye to her for making me make the choice.
    I am trying to find a balance but its a bitch.

She just got home from a two day trip without me and she wont understand when I want to go to the gym in a bit. Poor kid.
    BG likes this.

BG
    Quote Originally Posted by Obs View Post
    I have not even been on stage but this causes issues with me and they recently peaked.

Cant blame her.

Every fucking thing I say or do revolves around this. It has to be irritating. She recently said that she thinks I want to be a loner and only care about this. The more stress that piles on me the more I run to building.

I can't and wont stop.
    If I was forced to choose I would just say bye to her for making me make the choice.
    I am trying to find a balance but its a bitch.

She just got home from a two day trip without me and she wont understand when I want to go to the gym in a bit. Poor kid.
    Its hard like you said to find a happy medium. Fortunately (kinda) my trains with me some of the times so she understands. What will help you Ob's will be to have enough "together" time, if you make time for the gym make sure to make time for her, try to balance it out. Dont shove it in her face, but let her know since you have to train that you are making sure that she gets enough attention also. Work it in slow because sometimes giving an inch can turn into a foot real fast and become out of control. Just put in effort to your relationship as you do the gym and things will be fine.
    Obs likes this.

Thread Information