quarry206 is offline Senior Member

microsoft updates.. recent issues?

has anybody had any issues with there new updates effecting their video card or graphics?? (within the last three weeks)

i have trouble shoot it down to one of the updates is the problem with my graphics going crazy.. but i was wondering if anybody else had this problem.. my connection is too ungodly slow where i'm at to really search online, so i was hoping somebody on here had some issues and figured it out first..

DSM4Life is offline Snook~ AR Lounge Monitor
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by quarry206 View Post
    has anybody had any issues with there new updates effecting their video card or graphics?? (within the last three weeks)

i have trouble shoot it down to one of the updates is the problem with my graphics going crazy.. but i was wondering if anybody else had this problem.. my connection is too ungodly slow where i'm at to really search online, so i was hoping somebody on here had some issues and figured it out first..
    Do you have integrated video ? Or a stand-a-lone video card ?

If its an integrated video , you shouldn't have any issues with M$ signed drivers. If you do try to uninstall / reinstall drivers.

You can also go into your device manager and "roll back" to your previous driver and see if that fixes your issues. If it does , stick with the older drivers until a newer version is released.

If you have a stand-a-lone video card you shouldn't be downloading drivers from M$. Go to the manf web page and download the most recent.

www.ati.com
    www.nvidia.com

quarry206 is offline Senior Member
    its a ati, and everything is up to date, i have played with the drivers backwards and forward.. and tried everything really in the since of playing with controls and settings. on both my ATI card and the control panel... and it all comes down to one of the december updates makes both my DVD player res go to the point of not playing... and the few simple games i do play have shitty graphics..and i'm talking about ages of empire, the graphics can't get too much wrose then that haha.

i have played with loading them and restoring to a past point. but i don't want to do that 10 times just to find out if somebody might know... and like i said typically i would search thro the updates details, but everytime i got to the site because of my connection it takes about 5mins just to load the page.. so i was hoping from help from somebody here.

i haven't taken many desktop support classes since college. i mainly stick to my feild which is networking/WAN .. which at times like this i feel like an idoit all over again.

T_Own is offline Formula1 Aficionado
    what kind of card is it? the same thing happened to one of my roommates at school with his ati.

i've never liked their drivers so i stick to nvidia, but if you find a good set or a good CCC, just find that and stick with it. ms drivers really can't do any good for a gfx card

Thread Information